Pioneer DJ PLX-500 White Direct Drive DJ Turntable
- Power requirements: AC 100 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 11 W
- Main unit weight: 10.7 kg
- Max. dimensions: (WxHxD) 450 mm x 159 mm x 368 mm
- Output: RCA × 1, USB (type B)
- Drive method: Servo type direct drive
- Motor: 3-phase brushless DC motor
- Braking system: Electronic brake
- Rotation speed: 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
- Rotation speed adjustment range: ±8%
- Wow and flutter: 0.15% or less WRMS
- S/N ratio: 50 dB or above
- Turntable: Aluminium die-casting Diameter: 332 mm
- Starting torque: 1.6 kgf cm or more
- Start time: Within 1 second (at 33 1/3 rpm)
- Arm type: Universal type S-shape tone arm, gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static balance type
- Effective length: 230.5 mm
- Overhang: 16 mm
- Tracking error: Within 3°
- Arm height adjustment range: 6 mm
- Stylus pressure variable range: 0 g to 4.0 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Proper cartridge weight: 9.5 g or less (single cartridge)
- Cartridge type: VM type
Slip mat, Dust cover with jacket stand, Adapter for EP record, Balance weight, Headshell (with
cartridge), Shell weight, Power cord, USB cord, Audio conversion cord (Stereo pin plug (female) -
Stereo mini plug (male)), Operating instructions.
The PLX-500 White version from Pioneer DJ is the perfect solution for record collectors and DJs, offering a more versatile vinyl solution for DJing and leisurely listening. The built in USB output allows you to digitise your record collection into wav files onto your Mac or PC. This high-torque, direct drive turntable is ideal for mixing and scratching and can be connected to a mixer for DJ playback.
The PLX-500 inherits the layout of the PLX-1000 professional turntable and produces warm, clear analogue sound. The high-torque deck is ideal for scratching and comes with everything you need including a cartridge, stylus and slipmat, and its USB out means you can easily make high-quality digital recordings of your vinyl collection in Pioneer's free rekordbox software. You can use the PLX-500 and the rekordbox dvs Plus Pack to play and scratch digital files when you combine them with a compatible DJM mixer and the RB-VS1-K Control Vinyl. And you can choose between the black (PLX-500-K) and white (PLX-500-W) versions to match your set-up or the design of your home.
High-quality analogue vinyl sound
The PLX-500 series inherits design features from the PLX-1000 professional turntable to produce the high-quality sound you expect from vinyl. The shortest possible audio routing from the stylus to the outputs reduces distortion, and the phono and line outputs mean you can connect directly to your sound system or powered speakers to enjoy warm sound.
Easy digital recording
An in-built USB output means you can record your vinyl collection to high-quality digital WAV files by simply connecting the PLX-500 to your PC or Mac. Digitising your tracks is easy using our free rekordbox application and, once they're in your rekordbox collection, you can play them using the PLX-500 and a rekordbox dvs set-up, or on a DDJ controller, or on CDJs via USB. You can also enjoy them on your mobile devices whenever you want.
High-torque direct drive turntable for DJ performances and rekordbox dvs
The high-torque, direct drive PLX-500 is ideal for mixing and scratching on. You can also combine it with the rekordbox dvs Plus Pack to play and perform with your digital files when using a compatible DJM mixer and the RB-VS1-K Control Vinyl (available separately).
Dust cover with record sleeve stand
You can enjoy the vinyl sound of your records and their artwork at the same time thanks to the dust cover that incorporates a stand for displaying record sleeves when open.
Layout inherited from the PLX-1000 professional turntable
The PLX-500 inherits its slick design from the professional PLX-1000 turntable and you can choose between the black (PLX-500-K) and white (PLX-500-W) versions to match the colour of your gear or the interior of your home.
I have been looking at vinyl player for a long time and glad I decided to pay that little bit extra to get this . It solid, very well made and feels like pure quality. Plays like a dream. Pay the extra, well worth it compared to the cheaper players.