GetintheMix takes your privacy rights as a customer seriously. This policy outlines the data we collect from our visitors and how we use it.
This Privacy Statement explains how GetintheMix (“Audio Visual Commodity Ltd,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, and discloses your information. The Privacy Statement applies to all services and products, except those products that have a separate Privacy Statement.
Where applicable, you consent to the use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement each time you use our products or services, so we urge you to read this document in full, and Contact Us if you have any questions.
In order to monitor the performance of our site we collect the following information:
• An IP address to monitor site traffic and volume
• A session ID to uniquely identify you on our site
In order to fulfil any orders placed with GetintheMix we collect the following details:
• Email address & telephone number to contact you with regard the order
• Name of Customer
• Credit card and delivery address for security fraud checks
In order to provide a valuable service to our Members we collect the following details:
• Email Address
• Buying Preferences to aid navigation and inform them of offers if they so request
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
Here is a description of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
What Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the products and services you use, we collect different kinds of personal information from or about you.
• Information you provide: We collect the personal information you provide—such as your name, username, or email address—when you use our products and services, create an account, Contact Us, participate in our competitions, apply for employment, interact with us at in-person events, or otherwise interact with us.
• Information about payments: If you make a purchase, we collect personal information in connection with the purchase. This information includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping, and contact details.
• Information about use of our services and products: When you visit our websites we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, session summary information and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally speaking, we use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services, and to protect us and our users.
Audio Visual Commodity Ltd. collects, processes, and determines how to process your personal information as data controller for the following purposes:
• Providing our products and services: We use personal information to help us provide our products, services, and advertising. If you enter a competition, or other promotion, we may use the personal information you provide to administer those programs. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain further information about how we use personal information, so we encourage you to read those rules carefully before participating.
• Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to send you marketing communications in relation to Audio Visual Commodity’s own products and services; communicate with you about your account, transactions, or employment requests; and inform you about our policies and terms. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt out. We may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us.
• Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to personalize your experience with our products and services, on third-party websites and applications, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by Contacting Us.
• Promoting safety and security: We use personal information to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
When you place orders or access your account information, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and services.
We share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting; email services; marketing; sponsoring of sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions; auditing; payment processing; fulfilling customer orders; data analytics; providing customer support; conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys; and other services that assist in selling our products and services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary—by law or as a result of legal process, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence—for us to disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object to or restrict, at any time, the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO are the regulators who make sure we use your personal information in a lawful way.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may Contact Us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Please Contact Us to close your account in relation to the following uses of your personal information:
• providing, improving, and developing our products and services;
• communicating with you;
• offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services;
• promoting safety and security; or
• providing products and services (for such requests, Audio Visual Commodity Ltd. will act on behalf of its local affiliates).
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and we may delete any or all of your information without liability. We may retain, however, information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or for legitimate purposes, such as analysis of non-personal information, account recovery, auditing our records, or enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our products and services, including our websites and digital media properties, may contain links to or the ability for you to access third-party websites, products, and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content their products and services contain. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by us. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.
INFORMATION SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your account credentials and computers or other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or personal information has been compromised, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or 7 years, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16—or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States—we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically change this Privacy Statement to keep pace with new technologies, industry practices, and regulatory requirements, among other reasons. We expect most such changes to be minor. Any non-material changes will take effect immediately upon posting of an updated Privacy Statement. There may, however, be cases where changes to the Privacy Statement may be more significant. In such cases, we will provide you either a prominent notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification.
Your continued use of our products and services after the effective date of the Privacy Statement means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the revised Privacy Statement, please refrain from using our products or services and Contact Us to close any account you may have created.
Last Modified: March 2022
DEFINITION OF "COOKIES"
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, including web beacons and pixel tags, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
TYPES OF COOKIES
• Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart or product application functionality. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfil your requests.
• Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make them easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications, and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
• Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, applications and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customize our websites. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
• Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
• Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
COOKIES PLACED BY THIRD PARTIES
CONTROLLING AND OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
DO NOT TRACK
Some browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Instead, we adhere to the standards described in our Privacy Statement and this Cookie Statement.