Electro-Voice EKX-12P Loudspeaker
The Electro-Voice EKX-12P is a compact 12-inch two-way active powered loudspeaker suitable for a wide range of portable or installed applications. The EKX-12P is easy to setup via its four presets (Music, Live, Speech and Club) and features QuickSmartDSP, a single-knob user interface and LCD menu.
EV-engineered components, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, and Class D amplifiers (up to 1500 W) coupled with QuickSmartDSP all work together to provide precise coverage and superior sound quality at high SPLs. EV's award-winning industrial design - with robust wood enclosures and durable EVCoat finish - ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound.
The EKX amplifier incorporates intelligent thermal management (with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors) which ensures superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
Adapted from their touring systems, EV's exclusive Cardioid Control Technology allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV's signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- High-efficiency 1500 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 132 dB peak SPL on the EKX-12P via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized TransducersTM (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and all-metal handles.
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB dB Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output.
- Power Consumption: 1.8 A Current rating is 1/8 power
- Power Rating: 1500 W
- Frequency Response: (-3 dB) 60 Hz - 18 kHz Hz Full space measurement using the music DSP preset.
- Frequency Response: (-10 dB) 50 Hz - 20 kHz Hz Full space measurement using the music DSP preset.
- Coverage: (Nominal -6 dB) H 90 °
- Coverage: (Nominal -6 dB) V 60 °
- LF Transducer: EVS-12M 300 mm (12 in)
- HF Transducer: DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7 k Hz
- Connector Type: (1) Stereo RCA input, (2) XLR/TRS combo jack, and (1) XLR link output
- Enclosure Material: 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
- Grill: 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Suspension: (8) M10 threaded mounting points
- Height: 607 mm (23.9")
- Width: 375 mm (14.76")
- Depth: 356 mm (14.02")
- Weight Net: 18.8 kg (41.45 lbs)
These speakers are amazing, I moved to these from QSC K12s These EVs in my personal option sound cleaner, richer, more full and although on paper they are only 2 spl louder. The EVs sound a lot louder and project better. The on board DSP is a very touch. For a wooden speaker the weight is not noticeable compared to a K12 and build quality is spot on. However only one handle may become a pain, but I can live with that.