KRK 12SHO Studio Monitor Sub
- Curved Baffle
- Front-firing Port
- Bypass Footswitch Control
- Kevlar 12"
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection
- Input Sensitivity
KRK 12SHO is a high-output active monitor subwoofer designed with professional studios in mind. Powered by a low-distortion 400w amplifier the 12S-HO is perfect for studios where ultra-accurate bass extension and maximum output levels are required. The high-power amplifier is perfectly complimented by a strengthened version or KRK's sublime Kevlar.
KRK12S-HO is designed without compromise and is the ultimate way of hearing in the depths of your mix. The 12S-HO is a perfect compliment to any professional set of full range reference monitors. By adding a subwoofer to your studio you can use smaller top speakers making it possible to monitor the essential low frequency range and can be a great solution for space-challenged control rooms or mixing environments.
A lot of modern musical genres heavily utilise subsonic frequencies making a high-power reference subwoofer an invaluable addition to any professional studio. With the increasing popularity of home cinema systems as well as bass-heavy commercial systems it is more important than ever that indescrepencies within the subsonic frequencies are eliminated in the production process (such as unwanted tones, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations). The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
Having an incredibly capable subwoofer is critical when it is combined with powerful near-field monitors, such as the Exposť or a VXT8 driven to high sound pressure levels. In a stereo configuration the subwoofer will have to produce the bass that would normally be generated by the monitors -- that alone can exceed the headroom of an ordinary sub. In a surround sound configuration the subwoofer has to reproduce all of the low-frequency information from five or more channels as well as the demanding bass content of the LFE channel. These challenging applications can place demands far exceeding the capabilities of normal low frequency drivers and power amplifiers. This is where the performance of the KRK12sHO shines.
- Configuration: Front loaded, vented subwoofer
- System type: Active Subwoofer
- Low-Frequency: 12" woven Kevlar High Performance woofer
- Frequency Response: 29.2Hz - 60Hz - 160Hz (L/R inputs), 29.1Hz - 211Hz (LFE input)
- Max Peak SPL:123 dB
- Amplifier Class: Class A-B
- Power Output: 400 Watts Continuous @ 1% THD+N @ 100Hz
- SNR (signal to Noise Ratio): 92dB
- Amplifier Distortion (THD+N): ≤ 0.1% @-3dB of Max Power Output 20Hz - 200Hz
- Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 kΩ Balanced or unbalanced
- Ground Lift: On / Off
- Low Pass Frequency: 60Hz to 160Hz
- HPF bypass: with footswitch only
- Footswitch: Included
- Phase: Rotatable Phase + Polarity Switch
- System Volume: -30dB to +6dB
- Indicators: Power, protection, limiter
- Input Connectors: Balanced XLR for Left and Right Inputs
- LFE input: Balanced XLR
- Output Connectors: Stereo Balanced XLR for left and right, full range with foot switch engaged, 80Hz HP without foot switch engaged
- AC Power Input: Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V
- Enclosure Construction: 18mm and 36mm reinforced MDF
- Finish: Textured Paint
- Port Configuration: Front Firing Quad Concentric Slot Ports
- Finish: Textured Paint
- Grille: N/A
- KRK 12sHO Dimensions (H x W x D): 20 " (508 mm) x 20" (508 mm) x 22.48" (571mm)
- KRK 12sHO Weight: 109.7 Lbs. (49.7 Kg.)