Yamaha HS8 White
Yamaha HS8 White Studio Monitor Features:
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
Yamaha HS8 Professional studio monitors are the successors to the best-selling HS-80 nearfield monitors. These 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitors feature a 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter. This second generation of 'HS' nearfield reference monitors, like their predecessors, share the same design philosophy as the legendary NS-10M studio monitors. Yamaha HS-Series monitors employ a new, highly efficient tweeter providing an extended high frequency range up to 30kHz. The matching HS8S 150W powered subwoofer provides an extend bass when a well-defined bottom end is required.
The elegant white-cone speakers used in the HS-series monitors deliver superlative audio performance that is further enhanced by a carefully engineered mounting system. A system of screws and a specially designed mounting ring eliminates spurious vibration and resonance, allowing the speaker to deliver its full sonic potential. Another feature that boosts woofer performance is a magnet selected to produce accurate, solid low-end response. The tweeter frames employ an advanced smooth-contour design that minimizes losses so that high-frequency details come through with remarkable accuracy. The extra thickness of the tweeter frame also minimizes resonance that can interfere with high-end clarity. The overall result is extraordinarily smooth, accurate response throughout the audio spectrum.
Powered, bi-amplified monitor speakers simply make the most electrical and sonic sense, and that's why they have become the first choice of sound professionals the world over for near- and mid-field monitoring applications. In addition to the obvious advantage that you don't need separate power amplifiers, the fact that power and speakers are integrated in one unit means that the amplifiers can be perfectly matched to the characteristics of the speaker units used so you get consistently superior performance with any source in just about any listening environment. Bi-amplification means that separate power amplifiers are used to drive the low-mid and high-frequency speaker units, and this eliminates interaction between the units as well as the response and phase anomalies introduced by passive crossover networks. Both speaker units can function at optimum performance levels for correspondingly high overall sonic quality.
HS-Series monitors feature a low resonance enclosure built using a three-way mitre-joint technique ensures that the corners of the speaker are firmly anchored leading to dramatically improved durability and the elimination of unwanted resonances that can colour the original sound. Yamaha's 'Vortex Sound Control' technology is deployed to decrease unwanted airflows around the speaker ports. This in turn reduces audible noise by up to 6dB.
Yamaha HS8 White Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Speaker type : 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency Range (-10dB) : 38Hz - 30kHz
- Components : LF-8" cone, HF-1" dome
- Crossover : 2kHz
- Output power : 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
- I/O connectors : XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption : 60W
- Shape : Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material : MDF
- Yamaha HS8 dimensions : W-250mm (9.8"), H-390mm (15.4"), D-334mm (13.1")
- Yamaha HS8weight : 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)
- Others LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL
Serious Speakers. Techno.