Purchases of PreSonus Monitors will now come with Studio One Prime and the Studio Magic Plugin Suite included for FREE! Please note that this offer applies to Eris, R-Series, Sceptre and Temblo. It can be redeemed through the your my.presonus account and will also be backdated to any purchases of the PreSonus Monitors since the 1st March 2021.
This is the PreSonus R65 professional studio monitor with the capacity to handle almost any studio environment. The PreSonus R65 has a number of inputs including balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level meaning this brilliant monitor can accommodate anything from media players, audio interfaces and many other line-level sources. Plus with its woven composite 6.5" woofer and Kapton constructed tweeter with an inlayed aluminium circuit, you'll get a clear, smooth sound with greatly reduced listener fatigue - ideal for hours of work in the studio.
Hear the most subtle details.
The R65 features a custom 6.8-square-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. This allows you to hear the "air" and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. The R65's transparent and highly accurate sound makes it ideal for use in both commercial and home recording studios as well as broadcast and post-production environments.
Superior transient response.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the custom-designed AMT tweeter in the R65 uses an incredibly thin, folded Kapton membrane (< 0.01 mm) with an inlayed aluminium circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and superior transient reproduction.
Wide, consistent stereo image.
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1-inch dome tweeter, enabling R65 monitors to provide a much wider stereo soundstage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R65 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it's less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
The R65 utilises a 6.5-inch, woven composite, low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Biamped and driven by a 150W Class D amplifiermaking the R series some of the most powerful monitors in their category - these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
Have it your way.
You can customize the R65 in several ways. It's available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio decor. With balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, it's easy to feed audio to your R65 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimising the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
The R65's AMT monitor design provides lifelike sonic reproduction that will allow you to hear the room in your recordings. Its transparent sound and responsive transient reproduction makes it an ideal solution for anyone who is mixing high-resolution audio. Hear the R65 at your favourite PreSonus dealer.
* On receipt of proof of education, Teachers, Students and Institutions will be eligible for a 10% additional discount. Please contact us for more info. *
Components and Construction:
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 6.5 woven composite LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
Power and Safety:
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced 1/4" TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 100W Class D
- HF Amplifier Power: 50W Class D
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 104 dB
- LF Driver: 6.5" woven composite
- HF Driver Type: AMT
- Diaphragm: 6.8-inch2 (4,400 mm2)
- Equiv. Diaphragm oe: 3" (75 mm)
- Input Impedance: 20 kohm balanced, 10 kohm unbalanced
- SNR (typical, A-weighted): >100 dB
- Factory preprogrammed 100-120V 50/60 Hz or 220-240V 50/60 Hz
- Standby Power < 0.5W
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- HF Driver: Linear, +1 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Highpass filter: Linear, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Energy Conservation Mode: On/Off/Query
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width: 8" (203 mm)
- Depth: 10.3" (261 mm)
- Height: 13" (328 mm)
- Weight: 14.7 lbs (6.65 kg)
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.