Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesiser
You now can get FAST Verb for just £89.82 (or £5.99 per month) and FAST Bundle for a fantastic £99.99 (or £6.66 per month) from 21st October - 31st December. Novation registered hardware customers will be entitled to this discount, made redeemable via their customer account.
Introducing FAST Verb
Finding the right reverb settings can be a time-consuming process and can take away focus from being creative. With FAST Verb ó powered by smart:engine, the AI by Sonible ó you will spend less time tweaking settings and more time making music...
- FAST View displays a unique graphic visualisation of your sound, so you can quickly understand what is - happening to your audio.
- Get inspired with FAST Verbís FX: Bounce, Freeze and Reverse.
- Quickly change your mood with three reverb flavours: Natural, Balanced and Artificial.
- Fine-tune your sound with time and space controls via FAST Verbís Detailed View.
The FAST range has been designed to keep you in the creative flow, so you can focus on making music. The powerful AI will adapt the settings to your audio and instruments so that you can achieve great sounding results, instantly. The FAST Bundle includes: FAST Compressor, FAST Equaliser, FAST Reveal, and notably, FAST Verb. sound with time and space controls via FAST Verbís Detailed View.
Here we have the Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesiser; a hybrid that marries Novations analogue and digital heritage that pulls all the best parts from both. It features a number of inputs and outputs that let you hook the device up to your MIDI equipment, your laptop or comupter, and to other modular systems. The Novation Peak is a fully-rounded synthesiser that can be used comfortably in the studio or on the stage and has the usability and luxury-feel of a much bigger synth but at a much more realistic price.
Peak is an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. They can also become a linear FM source using either the analogue-sounding NCOs or digital wavetables - so are able to cross-modulate in a recursive loop.
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice - pre-filter, post-filter and global - in an analogue signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary 'via' assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input, and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
The Wavetable Editor is a canvas for Peak/Summit users to create their own totally unique wavetables using drawing tools and audio import functions. We even included a curated sound selection from NASA's historical audio record of human space exploration, so users have inspiring source material make wavetables with - PLUS there are 15+ included wavetables that have been created by legendary producers and wavetable designers, Noisia. Not only this... the wavetable editor now lets Peak/Summit owners import wavetables from the most popular software wavetable synths.
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion. Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM. High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel. Three
- ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)
- 3 Year Warranty: Effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 and covers 36 months from the date of the original purchase
- Includes Wavetable Editor
- Become part of the Sound Collective and get access to incredible offers throughout the year when you register your Novation product at www.novationmusic.com/sound-collective
Product Hardware Specifications:
- 42 Control knobs
- 8 35mm Sliders
- 1 Volume knob
- 2 Data encoders
- Rubberised knob caps with spun metal discs
- 30 Function buttons (not lit)
- 16 Function buttons (lit)
- 2 Animate buttons plus hold button
- 90 Indicator LEDs
- OLED display
- Kensington Security Slot
- Power switch
- Power supply connector
- USB socket for system / MIDI comms only (no bus-power)
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 2 1/4" jack socket for continuous or switched pedals
- 3.5mm jack socket for CV in
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- 1/4" jack socket for headphone output
- Metal chassis with American walnut wooden end cheeks
- Metal magnetic inset end pieces
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 71 x 464 x 233mm / 2.78 x 18.27 x 9.17 in
- Weight (approx.): 5kg
- 8 voice polyphonic (voice modes available unison etc.)
- 5 Voice Modes - Mono, MonoLG, Mono2, Poly, Poly2
- 3 Oscillators
- 1 Noise generator
- 1 Ring modulator
- 2 LFOs
- 1 Amp envelope and 2 mod envelopes
- 1 Filter
- Sine, tri, sawtooth, square / pulse plus 17 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- 1x State variable OTA filter per voice
- 12/24dB slope
- Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass
- Pre-filter overdrive
- Post-filter distortion
- 16 modulation slots per patch
- Each slot has 2 sources to 1 destination
Mod sources (17):
- Direct (depth)
- Modulation wheel
- Aftertouch (polyphonic and channel AT)
- Expression pedal 1
- Expression pedal 2
- Keyboard velocity
- LFO1 positive
- LFO1 bi-polar
- LFO2 positive
- LFO2 bi-polar
- Amp envelope
- Mod envelope 1
- Mod envelope 2
- Animate 1
- Animate 2
- CV mod input bi-polar
Mod destinations (37):
- Oscillator 1-3 frequency, v-sync level, shape amount and level
- Noise source level
- Ring modulator output level
- Overal synth output level
- Filter drive, distortion, cut-off frequency and resonance
- LFO 1 and 2 frequency
- Amp env / mod env 1 / mod env 2 attack, decay and release
- FM Osc 1 -> osc 2, osc 2 -> osc 3, osc 3 -> osc 1 and noise -> osc 1
- Osc 3 -> filter cutoff frequency
- Noise -> filter cutoff frequency
- Analogue distortion
- Chorus - 3 types
- Delay with 16 types of delay sync, LP and HP damping, slew and stereo
- Reverb - 3 types
- Arpeggiator w/ key latch - 33 patterns
- Patch storage - up to 512 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
- All knobs (excl. volume), sliders and most buttons transmit and receive MIDI cc commands for external control and mapping