Novation MiniNova Analog Modelling Synthesizer Synth
Get your hands on some amazing offers when you join Novation's Sound Collective! Every two months the Sound Collective gives its members FREE access to third-party software instruments and creative effects! See below for the latest deals:
For a limited time between 8th October to 10th December 2020 you can download Audio Damage’s Dubstation 2 delay plug-in for FREE! Plus you can get a 35% discount on any instrument or effect plug-in in the Audio Damage store.
To join the Sound Collective and start making the most of these incredible offers just purchase your Novation MiniNova as normal then head to www.novationmusic.com to register.
We bring you the Novation MiniNova. This superb piece of kit is the direct descendant of the world famous UltraNova, boasting the exact same sound engine and extraordinary build quality. Sleek, Innovative and compact are just a few short words to describe the awesome MiniNova. Complete with 256 breath taking on-board sounds which can be tweaked and warped with its 5 knobs and 8 'animate' buttons this powerful mini-keys synth is set to blow you away!
MiniNova packs the sort of specs you'd expect to find in an instrument twice the size, and sounds like one double the price. Whether you're a music production novice taking your first steps in synthesis, the keyboard player in a band looking for a sturdy, road-worthy instrument, or an experienced sound designer after a pro-quality portable addition to your existing arsenal, Novation's backpack-sized beast more than delivers.
This larger-than-life USB bus-powered, 18-voice polyphonic micro synth features three oscillators and one noise generator per voice; 14 filter types; 12-band vocoder with VocalTune; 6 envelope generators; 3 LFOs; 20 modulation assignment slots; 5 simultaneous effects; with Mac/PC Editor Plug-in and Patch Librarian.
Big Sound, small synth
Built on the UltraNova sound engine, MiniNova has more polyphony, more filter types, more effects and more modulation than any other synth in its class. And being USB bus-powered, you can easily hook it into your computer-based setup without a mess of cables getting in the way. Every one of MiniNova's sounds is mix-ready straight out of the box, but each can be subtly tweaked or warped beyond recognition via the 24 synth parameters immediately accessible from the front panel.
Each of the three oscillators (per voice) draws on 14 analogue waveforms, 20 digital waveforms and 36 wavetables, and features density/detune (for fattening), virtual sync (for punchy attacks) and 'hardness' (an additional low-pass filter). Two filters are available per patch, offering a choice of 14 low-/high-/band-pass types at roll-off slopes from 6-24dB/octave; and up to five effects can be applied simultaneously, including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Novation's unique Gator effect.
From dirty-fat basses and soaring leads to lush pads, spiky arps and vintage analogue-style tones, MiniNova brings all the character, power and versatility you'd expect from a full-size synth in a tough, compact 37 mini-key instrument.
Find Your Sound Fast
MiniNova comes with 256 killer sounds onboard, space to save another 128 of your own, and an easy-to-use Patch Librarian for storing and loading any number of patches to and from your computer.
Sounds can be searched by style and type, making short work of finding that perfect hip-hop bass or electro lead.
New, free soundpacks for MiniNova are regularly released by Novation, created in collaboration with renowned artists and sound designers including Daniel Fisher, Chuckie and Dino Soldo.
Create Unique Vocals
Not content with blazing a trail as the world's most formidable micro synth, MiniNova has a microphone and vocoder built in, too - and no ordinary vocoder at that. In VocalTune mode, it automatically tunes your voice to the notes played on the keyboard.
The lyrical fireworks don't end there, as you can also run the mic signal through the effects engine. Add reverb, distortion, chorus/phaser, Gator, compression or EQ to produce truly attention-grabbing vox, or recreate iconic vocal lines.
Naturally, MiniNova's sound-sculpting toolbox isn't limited to microphone input: any external instrument can be hooked up and turned into something else altogether using the vocoder - including VocalTune mode - filters and effects.
Animate and Arpeggiate
With MiniNova in Animate mode, pressing one or more of its eight purple backlit buttons kicks in a range of sound variations, bringing even more colour options to each patch and providing a wealth of instant transformations for live performers to raise the roof with. Each button adjusts multiple parameters in real-time under the hood - just the thing for injecting pads with life and movement, and serving up crazy EDM-style bass and lead lines on demand.
Switch to Arpeggiator mode and the same eight buttons are used for pattern programming, enabling you to build a rhythmic dimension directly into your MiniNova patches.
Editing Software Included
The MiniNova is fully and deeply editable directly from the hardware, of course, but for even faster, easier editing and session recall, there's MiniNova Editor: a beautifully designed plug-in for Mac and PC that gives a clear and intuitive visual overview of the synth within your DAW.
- Make Huge Sounds: Create dirty-fat bass, soaring leads, lush pads and vintage sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects.
- Built By a Legend: MiniNova's synth engine was conceived, shaped and refined by British synth legend Chris Huggett and his five decades of passion, experience and expertise.
- Gently Tweak or Instantly Warp: Subtly tweak your sounds with the knobs, or totally warp them with the Animate buttons, and pitch and modulation wheels.
- Create Unique Vocals: Talk or sing into the mic and run your voice through the keyboard and effects engine.
- Find Your Sound Fast: Instantly search through 256 sounds by type or musical genre, and save 128 more sounds of your own.
- Layer Your Effects: Each voice can be processed with up to five effects, including distortion, reverb, chorus, phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Gator.
- Store All Your Sounds: Use the Editor Plug-in and Patch Librarian to fully edit your synth and effects, and store as many sounds as you can fit onto your Mac or PC.
- Take It Anywhere: Tough, compact and bus-powered via USB, so you can easily take it wherever you go.
- Get Free Sounds: Download regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers.
- 3 Year Warranty: Effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 and covers 36 months from the date of the original purchase
- Become part of the Sound Collective and get access to incredible offers throughout the year when you register your Novation product at www.novationmusic.com/sound-collective
- Access to the Sound Collective
- 4GB of Loopmaster samples
- Free Melodics lesson
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Novation Automap
- Software AU and VST plugin editor
- Stand-alone patch librarian
What's In The Box:
- Novation MiniNova synthesiser
- Gooseneck microphone
- 1.5m USB cable
- 12V PSU
- Registration card
- User guide
- Getting started guide
- Software download card
Utility, display and patch select controls:
- 16 character custom LCD
- 1x large detented patch select encoder
- 1x patch sort switch
- 1x volume dial
- 1x detented data encoder
- 5x navigation/utility buttons
- 2x patch navigation buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity
- 4x smooth edit/performance pots
- 1x large smooth filter pot
- 1x six position parameter selector switch
- 6x parameter indicator LEDs
- 8x three-colour, back-lit animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch-select buttons
- 2x animate/arpeggiate LED indicators
- 1x back-lit 'hold' button
- 1x animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch toggle switch
- 1x 'favourite' patch select button
- 1x arpeggiator tempo control pot
- 1x arpeggiator tempo indicator LED
- 2x back-lit arpeggiator control encoders
- 2x back-lit octave select buttons
Inputs, Outputs, rear panel:
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 1x 1/4" jack inputs
- 2x 1/4" jack outputs
- 1x 1/4" jack headphone output
- Sustain pedal on 1/4" jack input
- MIDI in/out
- 12 volt power input
- USB/DC/off power switch
- USB port (MiniNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington security slot
- Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
- 3x oscillators
- 1x noise generator
- 2x ring modulators
- Square, sine, tri, sawtooth, pulse, 9x saw:pulse combinations
- 20x digital waveforms
- 36x wavetables
- 2x filters per patch
- low pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- low pass 12dB
- low pass 18dB
- low pass 24dB
- band pass 6:6
- band pass 6:12
- band pass 12:6
- band pass 6:18
- band pass 18:6
- band pass 12:12
- high pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- high pass 12dB
- high pass 18dB
- high pass 24dB
- 20 modulation slots per patch
- 6x envelope generators
- 3x LFOs
- Aftertouch (Supported in the engine. Note, keyboard does not generate aftertouch)
- Key scaling/track
- Mod wheel
- Expression pedal
Total of 66 Destinations including:
- Oscillator pitch, pulse width, wavetable index, level and sync
- Filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings
- Effects parameters and send levels
- Recursive modulation (modulating modulation sources themselves)
5 effects slots per patch:
- Distortion - up to 2 instances
- Compressor - up to 2 instances
- Chorus/Phase - up to 4 instances
- Delay - up to 2 instances
- Reverb - up to 2 instances
- 12 band vocoder
- Arpeggiator - 33 patterns
- Realtime Arp rhythm editing function
- Chord function - lock up to 10 notes
- Patch storage - up to 384 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
- Dimensions (H x L x D): 75 x 560 x 250mm / 2.95 x 22.04 x 9.84 in
- Weight (approx.): 3kg
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.