LD Systems MAUI 44 G2
LD Systems MAUI 44 G2 Features
- Professional column PA system with 1500 W RMS and 132 dB max. SPL
- Cardioid column for controlled low- and mid-range frequency dispersion and cardioid subwoofer application (with additional subwoofer)
- TrueWireless™ stereo technology for wireless stereo pairing of two column systems
- aptX™ coding and advanced audio coding (AAC) for high-resolution Bluetooth® streaming
- BEM-optimized high-frequency waveguide for uniform dispersion pattern, phase plug for coherent mid-range wavefront and flow-optimised bass-reflex ports
- DynX® DSP technology for distortion-free sound at maximum volume
- Automatic setup detection
- Fast and simple assembly without stands or cables
- Rugged subwoofer housing made out of polyurea-coated birch plywood and lightweight, powder-coated aluminium column
LD Systems MAUI 44 G2 Specifications
- Product type: PA Complete Systems
- Type: Powered
- Colour: Black
- Max. SPL (peak): 132 dB
- Frequency response: 37 - 20000 Hz
- Dispersion (H x V): 120 x 25 °
- Total Height: 2256 mm
- Weight: 47,6 kg
- Features: Bluetooth Audio Streaming, DSP-based Signal Processing, Excellent Sound Dispersion, Mono/ Stereo Application
- Woofer dimensions: 15 "
- Woofer size: 381 mm
- Woofer magnet: Neodymium
- Woofer brand: Custom-made
- Woofer voice coil: 4 "
- Woofer voice coil (mm): 101 mm
- Cabinet construction: Bass Reflex
- Housing material: 15 mm Birch Plywood, 18 mm Birch Plywood
- Cabinet surface: Polyurea
- Dimensions Subwoofer (W x H x D): 434 x 634 x 637 mm
- Subwoofer weight: 36.4 kg
- Midrange size: 12 x 3,5 "
- Midrange size: 12 x 89 mm
- Midrange magnet: Neodymium
- Midrange brand: Custom-made
- Midrange voice coil: 1 "
- Midrange voice coil: 25.4 mm
- Tweeter dimensions: 4 x 0.5 "
- Tweeter dimensions (mm): 12.7 mm
- Tweeter magnet: Neodymium
- Tweeter brand: Custom-made
- Tweeter voice coil: 1 "
- Tweeter voice coil (mm): 25.4 mm
- Wave Guide: CD Waveguide
- Loudspeaker inputs: 1
- Speaker input connections: Custom-made multipin
- Cabinet construction mid/high: Closed
- Mid/Hi system cabinet material: Aluminium
- Mid/Hi system cabinet surface: HD coated aluminum, multi layer mesh (cloth)
- Mid/Hi system width: 103 mm
- Mid/Hi system height: 1621 mm
- Mid/Hi system depth: 135 mm
- Mid/Hi system weight: 11.2 kg
Amplifier module (integrated in subwoofer)
- Amplifier: Class D
- System output (RMS): 1500 W
- Protection circuits: DC protection, Multiband limiter, short circuit, thermal protection
- Controls: Bluetooth HOLD TO LINK button, Bluetooth STEREO LINK button, Cardioid On/Off, Main level, Power
- On/Off, Sub level
- Indicators: Bluetooth, Bluetooth STEREO LINK, Cardioid On/Off, Limit, Power, Protect (protection circuit engaged),
- Signal, slave mode, Subwoofer Mode
- Mains connector: Neutrik PowerCon
- Operating voltage: 100 V AC - 120 V AC, 50 - 60 Hz, 220 V AC - 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Ambient temperature (operating): 0 - 40 °C
- Relative Humidity: < 80% (non-condensing)
- Line Inputs: 2
- Line Input Connectors: XLR female
- Line Outputs: 2
- Line Output Connectors: XLR male
- Number of speaker outputs: 1
- Loudspeaker Output Connectors: Custom-made multipin
- Bluetooth Standard: A2DP
- Bluetooth Audio Decoder: AAC, aptX, SBC
- Bit depth AD/DA converter: 24 bit
- Sampling frequency: 48 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 106 dB
2-year warranty included
Bringing to you the LD Systems MAUI 44 G2, a cardioid powered column loudspeaker providing you with 1500 W RMS and 132 dB max. SPL. Featuring TrueWireless stereo technology for wireless stereo pairing of two column systems, and Dynx DSP technology for distortion-free sound at maximum volume.
Column systems have literally revolutionized numerous application areas for bands and DJs. Never has it been easier to provide a consistent sound solution from a simple, inconspicuous PA system - even in large spaces. The MAUI® 44 G2 is now the practical, powerful solution for the professional segment.
The LD Systems MAUI® 44 G2 is the flagship of the MAUI series column PAs: it offers an enormous 1,500 watts of total output (RMS) with a frequency response of 37 Hz to 20 kHz and a sound-level pressure of 132 dB (peak). With its outstanding sound properties and wide-ranging functions, this compact column PA is perfect for rental companies, musicians, small clubs, street festivals and permanent installations. The cardioid properties of the column elements and the possibility of creating a cardioid bass with an additional subwoofer further highlights the professional nature of this sound system. The column achieves a rear attenuation of 18 dB, the subwoofer 15 dB. The MAUI® 44 G2 also sets the tone when the two-part column is equipped with twelve 3.5" neodymium full-range speakers and four 1" HF drivers with waveguide. The phase plugs on the six upper drivers improve horizontal directivity, reduce distortion and optimise the sensitivity below the crossover frequency for the tweeters. In addition, the four tweeters feature specially designed and optimised compression drivers coupled to a constant directivity waveguide to provide 120° of coverage across the width and 25° of focused vertical directivity. The curved design of the waveguide transports more energy in the high frequencies to listeners standing further away.
In the case of permanent installations or when providing sound for conferences, the TrueWireless™ stereo function makes life a whole lot easier since it enables two systems to be wirelessly connected for stereo reproduction. Bluetooth® streaming in HD quality is no problem at all thanks to aptX™ and AAC Codec, while DynX® DSP technology ensures distortion-free sound reproduction even at the very highest volumes. Total and subwoofer levels can be individually adjusted, providing a perfectly balanced sound in all situations, with a crystal-clear treble, a crisp mid-range and - thanks to the flow-optimised bass-reflex channels - a powerful bass.
Another particularly user-friendly feature of the MAUI® 44 G2 is automatic set-up recognition: if the column is removed to use the subwoofer as a slave, for example, the display automatically jumps to SLAVE and functions such as Bluetooth and the volume controls for MAIN and SUB no longer appear.
The MAUI® 44 G2 is absolutely top-class when it comes to transportation and mobile use, too: assembly is quick and simple with no need for cables or stands - special multi-pin connections are used instead. Together, the rugged subwoofer housing made of birch multiplex with polyurea coating and the light, powder-coated aluminium column weigh a total of less than 48 kg - a weight reduction of 20% as compared to the predecessor model. The optionally available transport roller board, carry bag and sub cover do a superb job in day-to-day use. In terms of inputs, the MAUI® 44 G2 offers two XLR IN connections, while two XLR outputs enable a wired stereo configuration of two systems. Meanwhile the SUB OUT can be used to hook up an additional subwoofer, and the power supply is via secure and reliable powerCon connection.