Yamaha DHR15 Powered Loudspeaker
Yamaha DHR15 Features
- Featuring a plywood cabinet that delivers a clear sound with minimal vibration
- Plywood enclosure with a polyurea coating for a robust, scratch resistant surface
- Compact size despite the 15-inch LF driver that provides excellent low frequency response
- Dual-angle pole sockets offer both 0° or a -7° down tilt
- Rigging points for use with eye bolts
- Proprietary FIR-X™ tuning, provides FIR filtering and corrective EQ, minimizing phase distortion
Yamaha DHR15 Specifications
- Speaker type: 2-way, Bi-amped Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency range (-10dB): 44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage area: H90 x V60
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz: FIR-X tuning™ (linear phase FIR filter)
- Maximum Output Level (Measured peak, IEC noise@1m): 131 dB SPL
- LF: Diameter: 15" cone, Voice Coil: 2.5", Magnet: Ferrite
- HF: Diaphragm: 1.4", Type: 1" throat compression driver, Magnet: Ferrite
- Amplifier class: Class-D
- Power rating: 1,000 W (LF: 800 W, HF: 200 W) *1
- Dynamic: 700 W (LF: 500 W, HF: 200 W) *1
- Continuous: 465 W (LF: 400 W, HF: 65 W)
- Cooling: Fan cooling, 4 speeds
- Power consumption: 74 W (1/8power), 18 W (Idle)
- Power requirements: 100 V, 100-120 V, 220-240 V, 110/127/220 V (Brazil), 50/60 Hz
- A/D D/A Converters: 24 bit 48 kHz Sampling
- Processors: HPF: OFF, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 24 dB/Oct.; D-CONTOUR: FOH/MAIN, MONITOR, OFF
- I/O connectors: INPUT1: Combo x1, INPUT2: Combo x 1 + RCA pin x 2 (Unbalanced), OUTPUT: XLR3-32 x 1 (CH1 Parallel Through or CH1+CH2 Mix)
- Cabinet material: Plywood
- Finish: Durable Polyurea Painting, Black
- Handle: Side x2
- Pole socket: 35 mm x2 (Bottom, 0 or -7)
- Rigging: Top x 2, Rear x 1 (Fit for M10 x 30 - 50 mm Eyebolts)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 432 mm (17.0") x 343 mm (13.5") (with rubber feet) x 405 mm (17.9")
- Net weight: 24.0 kg (52.9 lbs)
Achieve a new level of professional quality, accuracy and performance with the Yamaha DHR15! This 15" powered loudspeaker features dual-angle pole sockets and rigging points, perfect for fixed installations or as a temporary main speakers for sound reinforcement. With its rugged and highly portable design featuring a plywood enclosure with ployurea coating, delivering outstanding durability as well as acoustic performance.
The DHR15 is a 2-way bi-amp powered loudspeaker equipped with a 15-inch woofer and a 1.4-inch HF driver, perfect for use as a main speaker. Combining a 1000W amplifier and high-performance DSP with the same plywood construction found on Yamaha’s high-end DZR Series, the DHR15 offers best-in-class sound quality and durability.
Ultra-Precise DSP Processing for High-Definition Sound
All full range models feature Yamaha's proprietary FIR-X tuning utilizing linear phase FIR* filters for the crossover network. FIR-X tuning simultaneously optimizes frequency and phase response while adjusting the time alignment between the HF and LF transducers. This creates a very smooth response around the crossover point, providing much better clarity and imaging than what is possible with typical crossovers.
All signals are precisely processed by a high-performance processor for high definition sound quality. All full-range models employ high-precision 24bit discrete A/D and D/A converters with superior S/N ratio and dynamic range.
* Finite impulse response
Intelligent Dynamic Control for Consistent Clarity at Any Output Level
D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that gives you powerful and consistent sound throughout all output levels. By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and calculating the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the maximum sound output maintains outstanding clarity and musicality. With the DHR Series, D-CONTOUR provides a more detailed tuning of your sound with two different settings: FOH/ MAIN mode or MONITOR mode. FOH/MAIN mode boosts low-frequency to compensate for low-end that is typically missing when speakers are used in suspended applications or mounted on a speaker stand. MONITOR mode is completely optimized for monitor application by intelligently taming down the low-frequency, smoothing out a wide range of frequency bands to give you stunning clarity for monitoring your sound. Both of these presets were perfected by performing countless listening tests with skilled sound engineers, giving you a multi-band compressor that performs dynamically, delivering consistent sound with low distortion at any output level.
Extensive DSP Protection Functions for Maximum Output
In a typical system comprising passive loudspeakers, power amps and signal processors, trying to set optimal parameters for each component can be a daunting task. One of the advantages of active loudspeakers is that the combination of transducers and amps can be perfectly optimized. During the development of the DZR, DXR mkII, DHR, DBR and DXS series, we measured and tested the durability of each transducer and the overall amp output through countless indoor and outdoor listening tests. Based on the test results, we were able to set the optimal limiter point for each model using precise DSP control.
In addition to the optimal limiting, our speakers employ many of the same protection functions used in our top-class PC-D Series professional power amplifiers. A microprocessor and high-power DSP monitor the status of the power supply, power amplifiers, transducers and ongoing signals to protect all aspects of each component. As a result, these speakers can perform to their full potential while ensuring reliable operation in even the most severe conditions.