Alto TS318S Powered Subwoofer
- Driver: 18-inch with high-temperature, long-throw voice coil
- Amplifier: 1000W continuous, 2000W peak Class D power
- XLR outputs, with six discreet output modes for ideal matching with companion speaker
- Extended LF switch for increased EQ control
- Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Integrated 35mm pole socket
- Rugged, mar-resistant splatter-spray finish always looks good, even with heavy use
- Designed and tuned in the USA
- Output Power: 2000W peak, 1000W continuous
- Transducer Low: 18" (381mm) woofer
- Frequency Response: 44Hz - 86Hz (-3dB)
- Frequency Range: 37 - 97Hz (-10dB)
- Maximum SPL: 133dB (@ 1m)
- Connections: (2) XLR+1/4" (6.35mm) inputs; (2) XLR outputs; (1) IEC power cable input
- External Controls:
- Volume control
- Signal/clip limiter with LED
- DSP output mode switch with LED
- Polarity-reverse switch with LED
- Extended low-frequency switch with LED
- Power switch with LED
- Electronic Protections: Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Enclosure: Internally braced MDF cabinet; 36mm mounting pole socket on top panel
- Connection: Standard IEC cable
- Input Voltage: 110120, 220240VAC; 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 1000W
- Fuse: T10AL AC250V (110120V) or T5AL AC250V (220240V)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 26.8 x 21 x 24.7" / 680 x 533 x 628mm
- Weight: 86.4 lbs / 39.2kg
Introducing the Alto TS318S Subwoofer. The biggest of three, this 18" sub is part of Alto's latest range of subs designed to complement their popular TS3 PA speakers that are highly regarded amongst performing DJs and musicians alike. Whether you're the proud owner of some of these speakers or whether you have a completely different brand this magnificent sub will still give you smooth and powerful bass. As with the TS312S and the TS315S the TS318S comes equipped with six selectable DSP output modes for seamless blending into any live speaker set up, plus its long-excursion 18" woofer will deliver virtually distortion-free LF audio thanks to its dense wood, braced ported enclosure.
Add a Rock-Solid Foundation to Your Music
There are times when your sound system needs additional low-frequency output and "punch". For those situations, Alto Professional proudly offers the TS318 powered subwoofer. This subwoofer extends the bass response of virtually any fullrange speaker, relieving that speaker of the difficult task of having to reproduce the low bass frequencies. The result? A system with stunning wide-range response characterised by dramatic, impactful low frequencies and effortless, undistorted mids and highs. The listening audience will hear everything with perfect clarity, from the lowest bass synth tones to the highest percussion bells and everything in between.
TS318S features a rugged, long-excursion woofer mounted in a solidly-braced ported enclosure, computer-optimised for powerful low-frequency performance. The enclosure itself is made from a dense wood composite. This strong, resonant-free material has virtually perfect acoustic characteristics, which ensures that the subwoofers' output is always clear and impactful. Conventional enclosures with flex-prone thin metal or plastic walls actually rob the speaker of acoustic impact by dissipating the driver's energy as cabinet vibration. A sturdy, braced wood composite enclosure doesn't waste the driver's motion as cabinet resonance.
The Perfect Match
Strong, clear output is only half the battle, however in order for a subwoofer to be part of an ideal speaker system, it has to blend seamlessly with the companion speaker. This is where the Alto Professional's TS318S truly excels. All TS300-series subwoofers have a choice of six selectable DSP output modes, so the subwoofer's frequency response and crossover frequency are perfectly-matched to the speaker it's being used with. Four of these six output options match the subwoofer perfectly with Alto TS2 and TS3 full-range speakers, while the other two output options (Hi-Pass or Bypass mode) ensure a perfect match even with non-Alto full-range speakers.
Precision-Engineered for Performance
Our computer design techniques feature advancements such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), which enables us to optimise the speaker's magnetic structure and maintain a tight voice coil gap for maximum sensitivity. Our voice coils themselves have extremely tight windings that ensure maximum utilisation of the input signal and our adhesives exhibit unrivalled consistency and durability under high temperature conditions for unsurpassed system reliability. TS318S features an onboard 2000-watt amplifier (1000 watts continuous) with proprietary limiting circuitry that provides electronic clip, thermal and transducer overload protection, ensuring that the system always sounds clean and clear, no matter how hard it's pushed.
Phenomenal, Brilliant, Powerful, Well built and Wow! just some of the words I use to describe these excellent Subwoofers from Alto Professional.They work perfectly with other Alto Full-range top cabinets as you can match the crossovers on the rear of the speaker, but they will also work well with other brand speakers as the manufacturer has thought this through and provided tuning on the rear to accept other makes. They are very heavy and very well made. The sound is superb and deep, taking all the low-end work away from your top cabinets and providing a very rich, deep low-end punch. And when I say punch! I mean PUNCH! I use these subs with TS315 Tops, an Alto Live 1202 and the Alto Stealth wireless system and it all works perfectly as you would expect from a Top manufacturer. One thing you need to bear in mind is they come delivered on a pallet from a specialist courier and not from the local Postie on a bike! so be prepared to accept a pallet delivery. Another brilliant product from Alto Professional, and supplied by a brilliant distributor and all the staff of Get in the Mix.