Audio Technica AT2040 Podcast Microphone
Audio Technica AT2040 Features:
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
Audio Technica AT2040 Specifications:
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 80-16,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)
- Weight: 615 g (21.7 oz)
- Dimensions: 145.3 mm (5.72") long, 52 mm (2.05") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter, Pouch
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R13
Standard 1-year warranty
For maximum vocal isolation choose the Audio Technica AT2040 microphone. A Hypercardioid polar pattern dynamic mic, ideal for podcasting to deliver professional quality sound! Featuring a specially designed, integrated shock mount to subdue any noise, shock and vibration that might transmit through the mic stand, boom or mount.
The AT2040 dynamic mic offers professional-quality broadcast sound in an affordable package. Although designed for podcasting, the AT2040 can also be used for other content creation setups, such as live streaming, gaming, or doing voice-over work.
This microphone’s large diaphragm element delivers smooth, natural sound, no matter the application. The special internal multistage windscreen (combining foam mesh and a nonwoven pop filter) paired with the hypercardioid polar pattern results in highly directional, tight pickup that reduces external noises while producing a warm, classic sound. The AT2040 podcast microphone makes it easy to record single or dual vocals while in the same room, so even when using two mics to record two-person podcasts, users will enjoy great audio pickup.
So, whether you’re a beginner or professional podcaster, the Audio-Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone is a great option for under £100.