Mackie SRM550 Speaker
Mackie SRM550 is the first new model in the legendary SRM series for a number of years and is highly anticipated after the phenomenal success of the best-selling SRM450. SRM-450 has been the first choice of many mobile DJs and entertainers for years by providing a large amount of high-quality sound from a compact and lightweight cabinet. The SRM-550 looks to take these core principles and take them to the next level with an active full-range speaker which is perfect for a host of live PA applications.
SRM550 is a 12" high definition portable active PA speaker designed to meet the requirements and exacting standards of bands, mobile DJs and other live performers. Mackie claim that the new SRM series are "built-like-a-tank" and promise rugged reliability from speakers that are designed for a life on the road. Mackie have chosen to use all-wood cabinets which are internally braced for additional strength rather than the plastic ABS cabinets used in previous SRM incarnations.
SRM550 boasts an astonishing 1600w system power (800w RMS) delivering seemingly endless amounts of power filling larger venues with ease. Whilst the SRM550 is by far one of the most powerful speakers in its' class, this brute strength in achieved without compromising sound quality and the high-definition audio processing provide unrivalled clarity. This superior audio clarity comes thanks to patented acoustic correction technology which has been developed with the touring experts EAW. A precision 2-way digital crossover ensures perfect frequency distribution between the two drivers with driver time alignment and phase correction helps ensure precise sound reproduction.
A new feature to the SRM range is one-button mode selection which lets the speaker be instantly adjusted for varying PA applications. A single button allows you to switch the SRM-550 between PA, DJ, Monitor and Soloist modes. These different modes have pre-set EQs which tailor the speaker for your application (for example, "DJ" mode boosts the bass and top end while "soloist" optimises vocal performance). SRM550 also features an intelligent feedback destroyer which allows you to easily and effortlessly remove unwanted feedback.
Connectivity is well catered for and SRM550 even features an inbuilt 2-channel mixer with adaptive inputs to connect anything from microphones to guitars and mixers to iPods. An intelligent DSP protection system which Mackie call "Smart Protect" is in place to protect the amp and drivers in the unlikely event that the SRM550 is pushed too hard.
The evolution of a legend, Mackie SRM550 is destined to become a hit performers who require high levels of output and sound quality from a compact active cabinet.
- 1600W system power paired with custom transducers deliver gig-level volumes with room to spare
- 12" high-output LF driver / 1.4" titanium dome compression driver
- "Built-Like-A-Tank" all-wood, internally-braced cabinet delivers unmatched road-worthiness
- Rugged 18-gauge steel grille and fine-textured, sleek black cabinet finish
- Front ported for maximum low-end extension and punch
- High-Definition Audio Processing for professional sound with unmatched clarity
- Patented acoustic correction developed with touring geniuses at EAW®
- Precision 2-way digital crossover
- Driver time alignment and phase correction
- Quick one-button Speaker Mode selection for application-specific voicing (PA, DJ, Monitor and Soloist)
- Effortlessly eliminate nasty feedback with one-button automatic Feedback Destroyer
- Integrated 2-channel mixer featuring dual Mackie Wide-ZTM inputs
- Handles anything from mics to guitars to mixers with a single twist of the gain knob
- Includes stereo RCA inputs for easy connection to music source
- Perfect for the singer/songwriter, plug in and leave the mixer at home
- Smart ProtectTM DSP kicks in to protect your investment when things get pushed a little too hard
- Monitor-specific 60-degree angle and voicing mode perfect for cutting through on stage
Super quick delivery and excellent customer service. I ordered on a Friday and it arrived on the Monday. The wrong kettle lead was in the box with my speaker so I rang ~Get In The Mix, up. they were so helpful and efficient on the phone and I had a replacement kettle lead in my hand the very next day!! The speaker itself is fantastic, it has a fabulous tone - crisp, tight, punchy and with a good load of bass (I['m thinking I can do smaller gigs without a sub!). These speakers' tone is in no small way way due to it having a wooden cab. I already had one of these speakers and I had noticed a small high pitched sound like an old fashioned kettle boiling in another room. It was very a small sound and only noticable in when nothing was coming through the speaker and you were standing next to the speaker in a small quiet room. This second SRM 550 I bought has the same thing. Don't let this worry you. I spoke with Mackie and they said it was nothing to be concerned about and it really isn't. It's just a tiny, tiny sound when the speaker is at rest. I only mention it to put anyones mind at rest who may discover the same thing.