Alto TS308 PA Speaker
The active powered Alto TS308 brings across everything you loved about the TS2 PA speaker series and improves on it. The Alto TS308 comes with an 8" woofer that despite its size can deliver a high quality and impressive audio performance. This speaker can be used in a variety of ways as it is stand mountable, can be used as a wedge monitor and with its M6 points is also flyable.
The all-new Alto Professional TS3 Series of professional loudspeakers deliver solutions for every performance and installation challenge. With 2000 watts of explosive bi-amplified power and newly-designed transducers, these speaker systems deliver truly high-performance audio, without compromise or restriction. Their elegant industrial design, lightweight but rugged construction, versatile mounting/placement application and intuitive user interface achieves a level of excellence and refinement that exceeds expectations.
- 2000 W peak (1300 LF + 700 HF) 1000 W continuous RMS (650 LF + 350 HF)
- 8-inch (203 mm) LF driver, 2.5-inch (65 mm) high-temperature voice coil
- 1.4-inch (35 mm) voice coil, neodymium magnet HF driver, with precision wave guide
- High quality, lightweight, cabinet design for easy transport, set up and installation
- Pole-mountable, wedge monitor, bracket installation or flown application with integral
- M6 suspension points
- Integrated 2-channel mixer with dual XLR 1/4-inch combo mic/line inputs, independent level controls, XLR Link output, Contour EQ switch and Ground-Lift switch
- Custom engineered high-efficiency class D amplifiers with passive cooling design No fan means the speaker runs cleaner, quieter and has greater long-term reliability
- Design Origin: Designed and tuned in the USA
- Output Power: 2000 W peak (1300 LF + 700 HF) 1000 W continuous RMS (650 LF + 350 HF)
- LF Driver: 8-inch (203 mm) LF driver, 2.5-inch (65 mm) high-temperature voice coil
- HF Driver: 1.4-inch (35 mm) neodymium magnet HF driver with precision waveguide
- Crossover: 2.5 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB peak, 126 dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m)
- Frequency Response: 62 Hz20 kHz (+ 3 dB)
- Frequency Range: 52 Hz22 kHz (-10 dB)
- Horn Coverage: 90° H x 60° V nominal
- Equalization: Contour Switch Low and High Frequency +3dB Boost
- Connectors: (2) XLR/TRS ź (6.35 mm) combo inputs, (1) XLR link output, (1) IEC power cable input
- Controls: (2) Volume, Power on/off switch, Contour switch, Ground-Lift switch
- Indicators: 2 x Power LED (front and rear), Clip limiter LED
- Protection: Electronic clip, Thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Power Connection: IEC with Mains Fuse
- AC Voltage Input: 100,110120,220240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Enclosure: Trapezoidal, injection-molded, polypropylene enclosure, with perforated steel grille
- Mounting/Installation: 36 mm standard pole mount, Wall or celling mount using TSB810 bracket,
- Flown application with integral M6 suspension points, Wedge monitor
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 17.1 x 10.1 x 9.6 / 434mm x 256mm x 245mm
- Net Weight: 20.2 lbs. / 9.2 kg.
Bought two of these and a 312 sub for DJing small parties. Despite there being rather more hiss than I'd hoped when just powered on (no audio connections), the sound is very impressive for the price. This is particularity true when hooked up to the sub and using this unit's in built in dsp settings. The sound impresses at low volumes and the ensemble can achieve serious volumes with little discernible distortion. As a trio, they have been very well tuned - to my ear at least. Despite concern from some users elsewhere over Alto reliability, I hope to get decent service from these speakers as long as I keep an eye on the gain staging when in use and drive them sensibly.