Akai Professional MPD226
Pad Controller with Faders
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity-and pressure-sensitive MPC Pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 4 assignable faders, 4 assignable Q-Link knobs, 4 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 36 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
The Akai MPD226 Pad Controller with Faders is a compact yet highly capable production tool that combines the convenience of 16 thick RGB backlit MPC pads with the tactile control of 4 assignable faders, evoking the authentic vintage MPC experience. These illuminated pads are especially useful in low-light settings, making them ideal for live performances and studio sessions. With velocity-sensitive pads, you have precise command over your samples, enabling you to trigger a wide range of elements, from drum hits and loops to vocal samples and FX. The MPD226 Pad Controller equips you with all the essential tools to craft intricate productions and deliver captivating live performances.
The 16 pads are organized into 4 banks, providing a total of 64 assignable pads. This flexibility allows you to seamlessly switch between banks for intricate live sets and sample arrangement. In addition to the backlit pads, you have access to 36 assignable controls across 3 banks, offering extensive command over automation, volume, pitch, and various other parameters. With a collection of 30 presets pre-configured for popular DAWs, you can start creating immediately upon connection. The MPD226 also incorporates classic MPC functions such as MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level, Tap Tempo, and dedicated transport controls, enhancing your creative capabilities.
The Akai MPD226 boasts an integrated plug-and-play USB interface compatible with both Mac and PC, eliminating the need for driver installations. MIDI In and Out jacks are included for controlling external gear, allowing you to connect other instruments and sound modules directly to your MPD226. The built-in USB connection also powers the MPD226, eliminating the requirement for external power supplies, which can be particularly beneficial in live settings. Furthermore, Akai has expanded compatibility to iOS devices using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately), enabling you to connect and utilize your MPD226 with a variety of iOS devices. The MPD226 includes over £300 worth of bundled software, enabling you to dive into music production right out of the box. This software package includes Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums, Bang Cinematic Percussion from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor. This comprehensive software suite provides you with top-notch samples and the tools to create, record, and arrange your MPC226 performances effortlessly.
Free MPC Beats Software
To top it off, the MPD226 comes with the new MPC Beats software, which brings the iconic MPC workflow and sounds to your computer at no additional cost. MPC Beats features the classic 4x4 drum sample grid layout, a sample library browser loaded with 2GB of samples from MPC Expansion packages, capturing the sounds that defined a genre with the original MPC series. MPC Beats can function as standalone software or as a plugin for your DAW, offering a variety of Beat Templates and an array of effects and processors to kickstart your music production journey instantly.
- USB port
- Power input (power adapter sold separately)
- 1/8 inch MIDI input (1/8 inch - MIDI adapter included)
- 1/8 inch MIDI output (1/8 inch - MIDI adapter included)
- Kensington lock slot
- via computer USB bus or USB charger (sold separately)
- via power adapter (sold separately): 6V DC, 1A, center-positive
- Dimensions: 33.3 cm x 25.4 cm x 4.8 cm
- Weight: 1.3 kg