Novation Bass Station II Analogue Monosynth
- Create a huge variety of sounds: Two tuneable, syncable analogue oscillators with a selection of four waveforms, plus sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.
- Enormous bass and shrieking leads: Switch the Classic Filter between low-, high- and band-pass modes with 12 and 24dB/octave slopes.
- Improved analogue filter stage: The 24dB Acid Filter is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.
- Turn Jekyll to Hyde: Create crunchy, aggressive sounds with true analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and filter overdrive.
- Easily load and save patches: There's space for 128 patches, and 64 factory sounds are included. Downloadable artist packs cover a huge range of styles and give you even more presets to get inspired, and you can create your own sounds from scratch and save them in any preset slot.
- Get instant inspiration: Record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then store them for use with any patch.
- Experiment easily: Get hands-on with the comprehensive array of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing.
- Flexible modulation: Triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- Connect to hardware and software: Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Player's keyboard: Full sized 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with fast synth-action action and aftertouch.
- Components: Components allows you to backup and restore your templates and sessions in the cloud, enabling access from anywhere in the world. All content can also be saved locally.
- AFX mode - assign parameters on a key-by-key basis
- Extended sub-oscillator control
- Variable glide time for oscillators 1 & 2
- Access to the Sound Collective
- Ableton Live Lite
- 4GB of Loopmasters Samples
- Free Melodics lessons
3 Year Warranty: Effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 and covers 36 months from the date of the original purchase
Become part of the Sound Collective and get access to incredible offers throughout the year when you register your Novation product at https://novationmusic.com/sound-collective
Get your hands on some amazing offers when you join Novation's Sound Collective! Every few months the Sound Collective gives its members FREE access to third-party software instruments and creative effects! See below for the latest deals:
For a limited time from 22nd June - 6th October you can download Native Instrument's LO-FI GLOW (worth £44) for FREE! You can also get a three-month trial of KOMPLETE NOW (normally £8.99 per month).
To join the Sound Collective and start making the most of these incredible offers just purchase your Novation Bass Station II as normal then head to www.novationmusic.com to register.
Introducing the Novation Bass Station II from one of the leading brands in professional digital music equipment. This fantastic synth is incredibly compact with tonnes of components and features that come straight from the original, but now updated and enhanced. It's small size makes it ideal for transporting from the home, to the studio, to your gig, and back again - don't let it's size fool you though because the Novation Bass Station II is still a powerful machine.
Reimagining Novation's classic analogue monosynth for the new generation of electronic musicians, Bass Station II enhances and improves on the original in every area, making it even bigger, badder and more versatile.
Packing two oscillators, a multimode filter, amp and filter modulation, step sequencing and an arpeggiator, Bass Station II gives you everything you need to make bleeding-edge basses, leads, pads and FX. Yet despite all that power and adaptability, it couldn't be easier to program and play, thanks to its intuitively arranged controls and full sized 25-note keyboard. 128 on-board presets (with 64 factory sounds and downloadable artist patches) let you store, recall and adapt your favourite sounds.
Much More Than Bass
Equally at home on stage and in the studio, Bass Station II can sound as warm and mellow or aggressive and hard as you want it to. Modulate the filter to make it sing, crank the distortion to toughen up that bass, and push the resonance to self-oscillation to get those lead lines screaming.
Featuring two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enhancing the all-important low end, plus noise and ring modulation, Bass Station II more than delivers when it comes to generating raw tones. It's also got two distinct analogue filter types - the Classic multi-mode filter of the original Bass Station and the all-new 24dB/octave Acid filter, with its darker, smoother sound - and plenty of modulation in the shape of two LFOs and a pair of ADSR envelopes.
Easy Controls for Complex Design
Bass Station II puts a powerful collection of controls at your fingertips, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, Novation have laid those controls out in the clearest and most useful way possible, to keep your sound design workflow fluid and fun.
Save and Load Patches
Bass Station II comes loaded with 64 diverse presets designed to showcase its incredible sonic flexibility. Visit the Novation website to download new artist patches to keep you inspired, and create your own sounds from scratch and save them in one of the 64 user preset slots. A free software librarian lets you manage your Bass Station II's patches.
When you need instant melodic inspiration, Bass Station II's pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are ready to roll. Record your own patterns into the sequencer in real time, then store them for use with any patch. Sequences and arpeggios automatically sync to your connected music software or MIDI hardware, and swing can be dialled in when you really want to get your groove on.
Connect to Just About Anything
Being a class compliant USB device, you can plug Bass Station II into any Mac, PC or USB power supply and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN ports, for hook-up to other MIDI gear, and you can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II's analogue filter and effects.
Bass Station II is now a paraphonic monosynth, because you can control the pitches of each of the two oscillators separately in its single-voice architecture. Play two notes at a time rather than just one and get interesting interactions through the Ring and Filter Mod.
The Components content manager allows you to backup and restore your patches and other content from your Bass Station II. It's available for free at components.novationmusic.com, perfect for free updates. Simply log in and connect your Bass Station II to your Mac or PC running Chrome or Components Standalone.
What's In The Box
- Novation Bass Station II synthesizer
- DC power supply unit (PSU)
- USB cable
- Ableton Live Lite
- Getting Started Guide
Hardware & controller assignment
25 note synth-action keyboard
- Aftertouch can be assigned to modulate:
- Filter frequency
- LFO 1to Osc pitch
- Osc 2 speed
- Pitch wheel
- Modulation wheel can be assigned to:
- LFO 2 to filter frequency
- LFO 1 to Osc pitch
- Osc 2 pitch
- Octave up/ down buttons
- 64 factory presets
- 64 slots for user patches (and patch dump facility for storing more)
- Master volume dial
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 76 x 273 x 457mm / 3 x 10.75 x 18 in
- Weight (approx.): 4kg
Inputs and Outputs
- USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
- Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
- Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
- External input on 1/4" TRS jack
- Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
- MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
- DC power input
- Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
- Osc 1
- Osc 2
- Sub Osc (3)
- Noise generator
Osc 1 & 2
Select between waveforms
- Square/variable pulse width
- Sync 1 & 2
- Octave range
- Pitch bend
- Pitch modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 1
- Pulse width modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 2
Sub Osc (3) which is tracked to Osc 1
Select independently between waveforms
- Narrow pulse
- All modulation and tuning tracked to Osc 1
- Independent octave select
- Osc 1 level
- Osc 2 level
- Sub Osc level
- Noise generator level
- Ring modulation depth
- External signal level
Two filter types
- Acid type (diode ladder filter design)
- Classic type (derived from original Bass Station)
- Filter frequency to Mod Envelope depth
- Filter frequency to LFO 2 depth
Select 'Classic' filter between
- Low pass
- Band pass
- High pass
- 12dB slope
- 24dB slope
Two ADSR Envelopes (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release)
- Amp Envelope
- Mod Envelope
- Combined control of both Envelopes
Select triggering mode between
- Single trigger (holds envelope state when new note is played)
- Multi trigger (re-triggers with every new note played)
- Autoglide (engages portamento)
- There is also a VCA limiter
Two LFOs each selectable between
- Sample and hold
- Both LFOs independently adjustable between rate and delay time
- Key sync LFO 1 & 2
- LFO slew on LFO 1& 2 (low pass filter on the LFO waveform)
- Distortion send
- Oscillator filter mod amount (FM effect created by Oscillator 2 modulating filter freq)
- Up to 32 different patterns
- Select between 1-4 octave range
- Swing function
- Select direction:
- up / down 1
- up / down 2
- As played
- Latch (hold the arpeggiator)
- Up to four sequences
- Assign one of 32 preset rhythms or create your own
- Insert rests or legato (slide)
- Sequencer re-trigger function
- Adjust glide time
- Single trigger or re-trigger modes
- Integrate into step sequencer and arpeggiator