Korg Monologue Silver
- Analogue synthesizer with all-new synthesis structure optimized for amazing monophonic sounds and sequences
- Fully programmable, with 100 program memories (80 presets included)
- 16-step sequencer with extensive motion sequence technology to make your sound move
- Microtuning lets you freely create scales and alternate tonalities
- Oscilloscope function helps visualize the waveform in real time
- Battery-powered for portability
- Rugged and stylish with aluminum top panel, chassis-mounted pots, rubber-coated knobs, and real wood back panel
- MIDI, USB MIDI, and Audio Sync for all types of in-studio and live connectivity, including direct sync with minilogue, SQ1, volca, electribe, and more
- Five colour variations that will shine on stage or in the studio
- Keyboard: 25-keys (Slim-key, velocity sensitive)
- Sound Generation: Analog synthesis
- Program: 100 programs (80 Presets / 20 Users)
Each program includes microtuning and sequence data settings
- Main Synthesis Parameters:
VCO1 Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Shape
VCO2 Octave, Wave (Saw, Triangle, Noise), Sync/Ring, Pitch, Shape
MIXER VCO1, VCO2
FILTER Cutoff, Resonance
EG Type (A/D, A/G/D, G), Attack, Decay, Int, Target (Pitch, Pitch 2, Cutoff)
LFO Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Mode (Fast, Slow, 1-Shot), Rate, Int, Target (Pitch, Shape, Cutoff)
- Sequencer: 16-step monophonic sequencer
Motion sequence can be used on up to four parameters
- Microtuning: 32 settings (20 Preset tunings / 6 User scales / 6 User octaves)
Each setting can be set the key.
- Controls: 23 dedicated panel controls deliver immediate parameter access
A slider can control different parameters for each program
- Display: Real-time OLED oscilloscope provides visual feedback of parameter changes
- Connectors: Headphones (6.3mm stereo phone jack)
Output (6.3mm monaural phone jack)
Audio In (6.3mm monaural phone jack)
Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack)
Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack)
USB Type B
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6
Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 6 hours (using alkaline batteries)
Approximately 8 hours (using nickel-metal hydride batteries)
- Power Consumption: 2.5 W
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 350 x 276 x 76 mm / 13.78" x 10.87" x 2.99"
- Weight: 1.7 kg / 3.78 lbs.
- Available Colours: Silver, Black, Red, Dark Blue, Gold
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation)
- Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V)
Sync Cable SQ-CABLE-6
The Korg Monologue (Silver) is a 25-key, fully programmable monophonic synthesizer which features an analogue synthesizer circuit based on the design of the popular Minilogue. The Monologue is fantastically portable with its compact and lightweight design and optional battery powered operation. The Monologue is a truly unique new synth for all types of musicians; featuring new voicing and sound sculpting abilities - at an amazing price. The monologue's completely new filter, modulation, drive, and LFO can generate powerful basses and sharp leads, creating awesome mono sounds that showcase its single-voice design. The step sequencer has also been dramatically expanded, allowing more intuitive and more complex editing. With a line-up that gives you a choice of five eye-catching colours, this compact instrument has a strong personality to match your own.
Redesigned monophonic analogue circuitry.
The monologue contains monophonic analogue synthesizer circuitry that builds on the circuitry of the Minilogue. But that doesn't mean that the monologue is simply a one-voice model of the Minilogue. It's a monophonic beast with stunning power that comes from a redesigned envelope section, modulation routing, and a filter with powerful low-end punch.
The structure is 2VCO, 1VCF, 1EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO. In addition to the same distinctive circuits as on the Minilogue (such as the wave shaping that shapes the overtones of the oscillator, and a sync/ring switch), the filter section uses a two-pole filter to deliver aggressive sound. Newly featured is a drive circuit that adds overtones and distortion to the sound, letting you generate fat basses and sharp lead sounds to your heart's content. The LFO rate can be adjusted into an unprecedentedly ultra-high-speed range to generate crazy space-shattering sounds, or switched to one-shot mode to act, in a sense, as an additional envelope.
The keyboard section features the acclaimed slim keybed of the Minilogue and the MS-20 mini. To make monologue a synth that any musician can immediately pick up and play, the keyboard covers the E-E range of notes - just like a guitar or bass.