Technics SL1210 MK7 Turntables and Numark M4 Mixer Package
Numark M4 Features and Specifications
- Numark M4 Three-channel tabletop mixer
- Inputs: two phono/line switchable (RCA), four line (RCA), mic (1/4")
- Outputs: Master (RCA), Record (RCA), headphone (1/4" stereo)
- Steep three-band EQ/rotary kills on each channel
- Microphone input with EQ
- Six-segment LED display for monitoring signal strength
- Toggle for master and PFL metering
- The Numark M4 has Replaceable crossfader with reverse and slope controls
- Line: 10K ohm input impedance; 80mV RMS sensitivity for 0dB output
- Mic: 600 ohm input impedance unbalanced; 1.5mV RMS sensitivity for 0dB output; 400mV RMS max input
- Phono: 47k ohm input impedance; 1.3mV RMS sensitivity @ 1kHz for 0dB output
- Line: 7V RMS max
- Headphone: 0.5W into 47ohm
Signal to Noise Ratio (maximum output JIS-A weighted):
- Line: Better than 100dB
- Mic: Better than 95dB
- Phono: Better than 85dB
Distortion: Less than 0.05%
- Line: 20 - 20,000 Hz +/-0.5dB
- Mic: 20 - 15,000 Hz +/-0.5dB
- Phono: +/-1dB; -3dB attenuation at 20 Hz to reduce rumble and feedback
- Bass: +12 / -35dB at 20 Hz
- Mid: +12 / -25dB at 1.3 kHz
- Treble: +12 / -20dB at 15 kHz
Channel fader kill: Better than 90dB at 1 kHz
Crossfader kill: Better than 75dB
Crosstalk: Better than 80dB at 1 kHz
Dimensions: (W x D x H): 244 x 305 x 102mm
Technics SL-1210 MK7 Features and Specifications
Technology for Rotational Stability:
- Coreless Direct Drive Motor
- High-Precision Motor Controller
Construction for Vibration Tolerance:
- High-Dumping Turntable Platter
- Rigid Cabinet Construction
- High-Dumping Insulator
High Quality Parts:
- High Sensitive Tonearm
- Detachable PHONO Terminal
Technics Definitive Design:
- Inherited SL-1200 Series
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Turntable Speeds: 33 1/3, 45rpm (with switch 78 rpm)
- Starting Torque: 0.18 N.m / 1.8kg.cm (1.56 lbs-in)
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
- Wow and Flutter: 0.025% W.R.M.S.
- Turntable Platter: Aluminum die-cast
- Diameter: 332mm (13-5/64")
- Weight: Approx. 1.8kg (4.0 lbs) (Including slipmat and slipsheet)
- Type: Universal, Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230mm (9-1/16")
- Overhang: 15mm (19/32")
- Tracking Error Angle:
- Within 2 degrees 32' (at the outer groove of 30cm (12") record)
- Within 0 degrees 32' (at the inner groove of 30cm (12") record)
- Offset Angle: 22 degrees / Arm Height Adjustment Range: 0 - 6mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 - 4g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6g
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range: [without auxiliary weight] 5.6 12.0g (14.3 20.7g (including head shell))
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2mmf 4-pin terminal lug
- Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1, Earth Terminal x 1
- Power Consumption: 8W (Approx. 0.2W (Standby))
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 353mm (17-27/32 × 6-21/32 × 13-29/32 inch)
- Weight: Approx. 9.6kg (Approx. 21.2lbs)
- Accessories: Turntable, Slipmat, Slipsheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Head shell, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owners Manual
This is a fantastic value package deal for the Numark M4 mixer with two Technics SL-1210 MK7 turntables - perfect for any professional or semi-professional DJ. Altogether this bundle comes with:
- 1x Numark M4
- 2x Technics SL-1210 MK7
Numark M4 mixer is here at an unbeatable price with awesome features such as three channels, crossfader curve adjust, mic channel and full eq. This Numark M4 mixer was designed specifically for DJs needing maximum flexibility and user friendly controls. It features a replaceable crossfader with reverse and slope controls, a 1/4" microphone input with EQ, and plenty of routing for phono and line level devices. The Numark M4 also features 2 switchable phono/line inputs with four more dedicated line inputs. Add master and record outputs, a steep 3 band EQ on each channel and you have yourself a powerhouse package ready to handle whatever your next gig throws at you. Don't get stuck without enough inputs at your next gig. Upgrade to M4 - you'll be glad you did!
Technics SL-1210 MK7
The Technics SL-1210 MK7 is a professional direct drive DJ turntable that continues the legendary SL-1210 design while adding a host of new features and technology to make this the best DJ deck that Technics have ever produced. The all black design instantly makes the deck recognisable as part of the Technics SL-1210 turntable family and comes with a new black tonearm. The pitch control can be changed from the standard +/-8% to +/-16%.
Coreless Direct Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation and Powerful Torque
The direct drive system uses a slow-rotating motor to directly drive the platter. This system has various advantages. It offers high performance, such as rotation accuracy and powerful torque, does not require replacement of parts and maintains high reliability over a long period of time. However, the direct drive system was said to on occasion produce a rotation irregularity called cogging. For the SL-1200MK7, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the iron core from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimised, thus achieving high torque performance equalling that of the SL-1200MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
Highly Sensitive Tonearm Accurately Reads the Signal Stored in the Record Groove
The tonearm, which is responsible for accurately reading the signal by tracking the groove on the phono record, is a static-balance universal S-shape tonearm, another Technics tradition. The tonearm tube is made of lightweight, high-rigidity aluminium. The bearing section of the gimbal suspension construction tonearm consists of a machined housing and high-precision bearing to assure excellent tracking performance with minimum stylus jumping, even in harsh playing conditions such as scratching.
Two-Layer Structure Platter with Improved Vibration Damping Performance
The platter on which a vinyl record is placed features a two-layer structure with deadening rubber on the entire back surface to eliminate unwanted resonance in the aluminium die-cast platter. The platter offers high rigidity and outstanding vibration-damping characteristics to prevent harmful vibration from being transmitted to the record and delivers clear sound.
High Rigidity Cabinet and High Damping Insulator for Thorough Shut-Out of all Vibrations
The chassis, an essential part for reducing external vibrations, inherits the audio quality enhancement technology fostered through the development of high-end turntables. The aluminium die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with a special material consisting of ABS mixed with glass fibre to achieve a two-layer construction. The combination of this special high-rigidity material and a metal chassis raised the rigidity and vibration-damping performance to higher levels, realising a robust cabinet for beautiful sound reproduction.
The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber to provide optimal frequency characteristics. This not only assures high sound quality and superb howling resistance, but also effectively shuts out external vibrations under high sound level conditions.
Detachable Power/Phono Cable Terminals Prevents Cable Discontinuity
The power and phono cable terminals allow detachment of the cables. The phono terminals are gold-plated to minimise sound quality degradation. Since the terminals allow disconnection of the cables, maintenance of the cables is easier, and your favourite phono cable can be connected to let you enjoy the change in sound quality resulting from a different cable.
Starting Torque/Brake Speed Adjustment Function
The SL-1200MK7 employs the newest motor control technology refined through the development of Blu-ray disc products. Utilising a microcomputer, this advanced motor control technology ensures high performance in normal rotation and also responds accurately to a wide range of DJ play styles, such as scratching.
The starting torque and brake speed can be adjusted individually to suit the users preference.
Pitch Control Function Enables Accurate and Stable Pitch Adjustment
The rotation speed can be set to 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm or 78 rpm. * The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within +/-8%, +/-16%. This function achieves accurate and stable pitch control thanks to full digital control with improved tracking performance and accuracy.
* To use the 78 rpm speed, the switch on the main unit must be turned on.
REVERSE PLAY FUNCTION EXPANDS THE BREADTH OF DJ PLAY STYLES
The platter rotates in the reverse direction when the speed selector button and Start/Stop button are pressed simultaneously. This expands the breadth of DJ play styles.
* To use the reverse play function, the switch on the main unit must be turned on.
* The phono cartridge used must support scratch play.
A Traditional Design Ideal for DJ Play
Stylus Illuminator Featuring a High-Brightness and Long-Life LED
The stylus illuminator features a new push-type structure and employs a high-brightness and long-life white LED. The illumination area and intensity were reviewed to provide improved visibility of the stylus tip compared to previous models even in a dark environment.
All Black Design
The SL-1200MK7 sports black buttons and a black tonearm while retaining the SL-1200 Series' button layout. With the matte-texture black body and black parts, the new all black design presents an attractive, refined appearance. The LED light can be set to illuminate in either red or blue, further enhancing the DJ play environment.