Denon DJ Prime 4 DJ Controller
This is the Denon Prime 4 Standalone DJ System which includes powerful new DJ technology from a trusted name in audio equipment that has over 25 year's experience.
The Prime 4 has some amazing features, including some industry firsts for standalone DJ controllers, like Timestretch; a way to move smoothly between tracks with different BPMs which is great for playing around with music at home. Or 'Zone Output' letting you master a venue by giving you the freedom to send a pre-made playlist to the bar while you continue with your live performance on the main dance floor.
The Denon Prime 4 is a huge step forward into modern DJing in a lot of ways, like the inclusion of a 10" interactive screen that lets you swipe swiftly between tracks for a set that will flow more smoothly than ever before - plus with four USB and 1 SD input you can easily access all of your music and media without the need for heavy stacks of vinyl or CDs. Made with Denon's 25+ years of experience in audio technology the Denon Prime 4 is an excellent investment for any professional DJ who wants an affordable, modern set up.
Click here to book a FREE virtual product demo!
The Worlds Most Powerful, Advanced DJ System Has Arrived
Command every gig, audience, genre, event and location! The multicore processor-powered Prime 4 makes your entire music collection available, transparently connecting you to your performance. With 4-deck hardware control and advanced touchscreen workflow, youre all set to handle any DJ set, anywhere, anytime.
4-Channel Standalone DJ Power
This is what the global DJ community has been waiting for: An all-in-one, fully standalone 4-deck DJ system with no need for a laptop computer - Pure, unfettered performance and playback capability! Rugged metal-chassis, built to endure the rigours of DJ life.
Adjustable Angle, 10-inch Touchscreen
Select tracks, view waveforms, interact with your digital music collection and view essential DJ parameters, with tactile multi-gesture control its the touchscreen experience you expect and deserve.
Independent Zone Output
Send a dedicated, back-to back music playlist to a separate location while you command the dancefloor in the main room control the mood, volume and EQ to precisely tailor the sound for your audience.
- Dedicated XLR Zone output with gain and EQ control
- Stream back-to-back music automatically into 2nd room
- Easily assign any of the 4 playing channels to Zone
- Party in one room, chill out in the other
No Limits Media Sources
Access massive music libraries from four USB inputs, one SD and an under-panel, 2.5-inch built-in SATA drive bay. Use any one of these media sources to record your full DJ set performance! With USB Keyboard support for optimised track browsing and playback facilities for uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV), Prime 4 caters for your entire music collection with connectivity that guarantees immediate, hassle-free access to your library.
Mix, Blend and Shape Your Sound
Pro-club mixer with four channel line faders, each with 3-band EQ and gain to shape your mix; plus all four inputs are assignable to the switchable line/phono inputs. A replaceable Denon DJ crossfader completes this performance driven package.
8 Performance Trigger Pads
Remix whole tracks and beat juggle with super-responsive hot cue control, then split up bars and beats with quantize-locked, Rolls, Slicer and advanced Looping too!
Mic Control, Check 2
Drive two independent microphones for dual-performer audience engagement, both with dedicated EQ, volume and effect controls plus punch in on/off and talkover options for pro-mobile use.
Expressive Multi-FX with Dedicated Displays
Articulate, visualise and craft your own unique sound, choosing from 13 diversely textured DJ FX, sourced directly from the festival/club X1800 Prime mixer.
Dual-Function Sweep FX and Filter
Engage just one single encoder for tactile sound manipulation with dynamic FX and elegant filter control.
Superior DJ Platter Control
Ultra-responsive, touch capacitive jog wheels with HD central screen that relays performance, heads-up display information combined with a DJ brand logo or playing track artwork. Change up your look with customisable RGB light ring.
Timestretch and Key-Matching Audio
Class-leading, production-quality Timestretch algorithm allows DJs to perform pitch locked, extreme track tempo changes and match/shift harmonic musical keys live in the mix - the ultimate in standalone, Open Format DJing flexibility.
Built to Last Built to Perform!
Prime 4 is built on the legacy of 25+ years of superb Denon DJ audio engineering and manufacturing excellence, with rugged metal build quality and detailed, pristine 24-bit Denon DJ audio. Nothing sounds, looks or performs like the Prime 4 standalone 4-channel DJ System. With no existing feature-comparable competitor unit on the market right now, the Prime 4 is affordable DJ technology that is light years ahead of any existing product.
Visualise the Show with Prime 4
Using Prime 4s StagelinQ connection, Mobile, Event and Club DJs now can easily create impactful, visually dynamic lighting and video scenes via Denon DJs partnerships with Soundswitch, Timecode and Resolume.
Virtual DJ Compatible
Get the best out of Virtual DJ with the compete PRIME hardware experience. Fusing an ultra-intuitive touch-screen workflow, 1:1 feedback of all critical mix functions, direct control of audio and video FX, multi-colour and monochrome moving waveforms, effortless browsing capability directly from the hardware, complete command of your mix with tactile performance-driven controls and even a customisable user interface, enhancing your virtual DJ experience with the world’s most advanced DJ Hardware couldn’t be simpler.
Denon DJ & Engine OS are offering 3 MONTHS FREE access to SoundCloud's Go+ account! SoundCloud Go+ gives you offline and ad-free listening to everything from mainstream releases to DJ sets and remixes.
Standalone Music Streaming - Anywhere
Using your mobile data or either a venue’s WiFi or wired internet connection, you can stream music from TIDAL, SoundCloudGo+ and Beatport LINK, just using PRIME 4 and with no laptop needed. Never be caught out again for that elusive song request having literally the world’s music, exclusive playlists and curated content at your fingertips!
Dropbox Personal Cloud Integration
With Dropbox integration, DJs can sync their Engine PRIME collection in the cloud and then access remotely on any EngineOS device from anywhere in the world. DJs can also access Dropbox music folders directly on Engine OS hardware without having to use Engine PRIME. Both workflows offer Engine users free access to their music stored in Dropbox.
Beatsource LINK Streaming Service
Music streaming for open format DJs is here with Beatsource LINK. Working with top record labels and pro DJs around the world, Beatsource LINK provides a variety of music and playlists curated specifically for open format DJs. From any Engine OS device, browse, search and play Beatsource LINK’s extensive collection without the need of a computer. As with all streaming services, performance data such as BPM, Key, Hot Cues, and Loops are saved to the source drive and instantly recalled the next time the track is loaded.
Flexible Beat Grids (Engine PRIME, Engine OS)
Within Engine PRIME, manually create dynamic beat grids for songs with multiple BPMs. Place various tempo anchors throughout a track to course correct the tempo or assign BPM values to different sections of the song - essential functionality
for transition or multi-genre tracks that have intentional tempo changes. PRIME 4 (once updated to Engine OS v1.6) automatically detects tracks with flexible beat grids and applies BPM changes to keep everything in perfect sync.
Tap the album artwork from the tracklist to quickly preview without having to load the track first. Additionally, tap across the track title to ‘needle-drop’ audition different sections of the song - an immense time saver when browsing for the next song, especially in the most critical moments of the mix.
Engine Prime Music Management
Import your digital music collections effortlessly from iTunes, Serato DJ Pro, Native Instruments Traktor Pro and Rekordbox using both Denon DJs free, Engine Prime music management software and the Prime 4 itself.
- Import existing playlists, folders, hot cues and loop information
- Integrated support also available for Native Instruments Traktor
- Prime 4 internally analyses music data with no laptop needed
Hot off the heels of PRIME 4's retail availability, Denon DJ proudly announce all-new Firmware, directly addressing a number of key feature requests from the international DJ community. PRIME 4 is the world's most powerful 4-Deck Standalone DJ system featuring a 10-inch multi-touch/gesture display, dual-zone output, pro-mixer section, powerful performance pads, dual mic channels and a 2.5-inch built-in SATA drive bay.
New Features included in v1.3.2 include:
- Added Horizontal Waveform Mode
- Added Console Status Bar with Global Settings and Record
- Added User Adjustable Nudge Sensitivity
Plus the following Fixes / Improvements:
- BPM Metadata is Trusted and Imported to Create Beat Grid
- Fixed Issue Where Some Tracks Show as .1 Second Until Played or Platter is Moved
- Additional Bug Fixes and Improvements
The Future is Now Switched On | Denon DJ V1.4 Firmware
This v1.4 Firmware update for the Prime 4 hardware activates exciting new streaming performance innovations, marking a turning point in the history of DJ technology. Since TIDAL playback is standalone, with no laptop needed, all the DJ's music can be streamed using just the Prime 4 unit. Denon DJ's two standalone media players, the SC5000 and SC5000M will follow in short order. In addition, V1.4 brings enhanced search speed, visual feedback, performance and stability improvements to this Prime Series hardware. #prime4all
V1.4 Firmware Features
- Enabled internet via hard-wired and Wi-Fi connections.
- Integrated TIDAL HiFi music streaming service
- Search speed improvements
- Quantize state is retained after power cycle
- LED state returned to default standalone state when exiting controller mode
- General stability + memory usage improvements
New in 2.0
Introducing Engine DJ 2.0, a defining milestone in the ever-evolving evolution of software-driven solutions for DJs. 2.0 brings a wealth of new features, stability and performance updates giving DJs a more powerful, creative and reliable experience.
Engine DJ (OS) Highlights
- Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch - Automatically sync music with DMX and Philips Hue lights. The dedicated Engine Lighting GUI provides on-the-fly control for various lighting FX, all via the touchscreen.
- Ableton Link Compatibility - Easily sync tempo with external hardware both over wired and wireless networks.
- New Database - The database in 2.0 has been completely rebuilt to provide accelerated browsing, lightning-fast song analysis, enhanced system stability, and a significantly smaller database size.
- Updated User Interface - The 2.0 interface has been redesigned to provide a more intuitive and creative workflow. The layout and location of controls have remained mostly the same, but several visual adjustments have been made to improve the overall user experience.
- New Playlists - Playlist and Crates are now combined into a single comprehensive list (Playlists), taking along with it the best aspects of both list types. Packed tracks from removable drives no longer show as duplicates in the home collection.
- Playlist Deck - Users can now assign a deck as a Playlist Player, providing continuous playback with automated cross-fading. The cross-fade time can be adjusted in the Control Center settings menu. Playlist Deck is available for Prime 4, Prime 2, and Prime GO.
- New Onboard Clock - The new onboard clock offers automatic time zone syncing and aids in providing detailed History lists with the played track start time.
- Play History Upgrades - History lists from connected drives are now automatically added to the home collection and can be viewed from the new History tab without the drive connected. History lists also include the Start Time of when the track was played on an Engine OS device and can be easily imported as Playlists via right-click.
- Streaming Service Upgrades - Streaming services have been expanded with track list preview, prepare list inclusion, and continuous playback with cross-fading via the Playlist Deck.
- 4-Deck standalone Engine Prime DJ system
- 10-inch HD multi-touch display with gestures
- Dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to a separate room
- Built-in 2.5-inch SATA drive bay to store music onboard
- 6-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- 4 assignable input channels for external media sources
- 2 dedicated XLR inputs for microphones with individual control
- StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- Crisp 24-bit Denon DJ legacy audio
- (4) USB and (1) SD media Inputs for music playback
- USB keyboard support
- From the 30th October 2019 Serato DJ Pro software is now supported by Denon DJ SC5000M / Prime 4 controller with the introduction of the v1.3.3 firmware update!
- Key Features:
- Easy to connect PRIME 4 to Serato DJ Pro using 'computer' mode
- Dual-view, touchscreen interface - 'Standard with Overview' + 'Large Library View'
- Fast switch touch selection between Library, Sort and View options
- Accurate cueing/scratching response between PRIME 4 jog-wheels and Serato DJ Pro
- DVS control via PRIME 4 channel's 3 & 4 with control vinyl on DJ turntable
- Compatible as an advanced hardware controller for Virtual DJ
- NEW// Standalone Track Preview
- NEW// Dropbox Personal Cloud Integration and Free 6-month 25GB Dropbox storage increase, unlocked on product registration
- UPDATED// Built-in WiFi and wired internet connectivity for music streaming from TIDAL, SoundCloud Go+, Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz (±1dB)
- Dynamic Range: > 117dB (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 93dB (A-weighted)
- Line Input: > 15dB
- Mic Input: > 20dB
- Outputs: > 20dB
- Channel Separation: < -90dB (1kHz, unity)
- THD Line/Phono: < 0.01% (1kHz, unity)
- THD Microphone: <0.02% (1kHz, unity)
- Connection: IEC
- Voltage: 100240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 43W~45W (with smartphone charging from USB4 port) / 38W~39W (without smartphone charging)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 28.68 x 19.56 x 4.08" / 728.47 x 496.82 x 103.63mm
- Weight: 21.34 lb. / 9.7kg
- Microphone: -40dBu (unity) / -60dBu (minimum)
- Line: +15dBV (minimum) / 0dBV (maximum)
- Master, Balanced: +24dBu (maximum) / +4dBu (unity)
- Master, Unbalanced: +20dBu (maximum) / 0dBu (unity)
- Zone, Balanced: +24dBu (maximum) / +4dBu (unity)
- Booth: +24dBu (maximum) / +4dBu (unity)
- Headphone Output: < 150mW
- (2) XLR outputs (master left/right, balanced)
- (1) RCA output pair (master left/right, unbalanced)
- (2) XLR outputs (booth left/right, balanced)
- (2) XLR outputs (zone left/right, balanced)
- (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) stereo output (headphones)
- (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo output (headphones)
- (2) RCA input pairs (line-level, unbalanced)
- (2) RCA input pairs (phono- or line-level, unbalanced)
- (2) XLR+1/4" (6.35mm) input
- (4) USB ports (for USB drives, 5V, 1A)
- (1) USB port (to computer)
- (1) Ethernet port
- (1) IEC power cable input
I am so pleased I bought the Denon Prime 4 from this brilliant group of people the customer service was excellent and the product arrived the next day I am so impressed by the quality and build of this exceptional machine I cannot fault it, it does everything so fast and there is no lagging in loading I am so impressed I have bough monitor speakers which are not expensive but they still sound so good with this controller I would definitely bye from Get In The Mix in the future they are a great company to buy from
First time I have ever experienced a controller with a lot of looking in to over the last couple of months, why wouldn't you go for the upto date prime 4 over anything else. It's going to take a little bit of getting used to after mixing on 1210's for donkeys years but the one thing I like is this doesn't make my record collection redundant as I can connect my stand alone deck in an bring this in to the mix. Denon prime 4 is one Awesome bit of kit and I cannot wait to get more in tune with it over to coming weeks ? ?
Keeping it brief as the products speak for themselves. Firstly the get in the mix service was outstanding, ordered my equipment late on a Monday night and it was with me early Wednesday morning, top class! Secondly the prime 4 is an outstanding piece of kit, after using pioneer for nearly 20 years, I decided to make the change and glad I did, the technology is immense, the feel of the controller is right and precise all over a a great machine.
I am really impressed with this new generation controller. It took me a while to decide between this and the new Pioneer. As a mobile DJ I am really looking forward to taking this on the road. The balance of connectivity and innovation makes it a great platform for the future.
Having waited for months for this unit I was very happy when it finally arrived, it is easily the most powerful standalone unit I have used. There are some issues to be aware of though, as of writing this (18th Aug 19) the Engine Prime software is not up to standard, it often mis-labels BPM's when analyzing tracks and the ability in the prime 4 to correct this is simply not there currently. Denon have acknowledged both of these issues and have advised that they will be resolved. I use my controllers for broadcast as well as DJing and another issue that Denon are aware of is that there i no way to currently listen to your micropone through the headphones. But with the bad bits out of the way I couldn't be happier, the touch interface is slick and responsive, the search function works well and the hardware itself is rocksolid in it's build. This unit is well worth the money and with Denon being fully behind the development of the product it is only going to get better. Streaming service via wifi are coming in a future update, along with Serato support and horizontal waveforms, all of which asked for by the customers. Well done Denon, and huge thanks to the guys at GITM for the fantastic Customer Service during the delays