Pioneer Toraiz AS-1 Monophonic Analog Synthesizer
- True Analogue Synthesis Engine
- Robust metal chassis suitable for use in the studio or on stage
- Powerful Analogue Sound
- Intuitive Controls
- 64-Step Sequencer
- Touchpad-style keyboard and slider
- Seven on-board FX
- 495 presets
- Bright OLED display shows parameter information
- USB-B port and MIDI terminals (IN, OUT/THRU) for easy connection to a PC/Mac or an external MIDI device
- Sound Generation: Analogue Synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 1 voice
- Outputs: AUDIO OUT L/R ((¼-inch TS jacks), PHONES (¼-inch stereo phone jack)
- MIDI: MIDI IN (5P DIN), MIDI OUT/THRU (5P DIN)
- USB: USB (Type B)
- Others: TRIGGER IN (¼-inch TS jack)
- Programme: 99 programmes x 10 banks (5 factory banks, 5 user banks)
* Each program includes its own sequence pattern
* Able to set up to 13 favourite programmes can be registered
- Power supply: AC adaptor (DC 5V)
- Power consumption: 1,500 mA
- Dimensions (W?D?H): 267.4 mm x 177.7 mm x 68.6 mm / 10.5" × 7.0" × 2.7"
- Weight: 1.4 kg / 3.1 lb
- Accessories: AC adaptor, Power cord, Quick Start Guide
The Pioneer TORAIZ AS-1 Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer brings new creative possibilities to the studio and stage. Pioneer have worked closely with Dave Smith, the legendary maker of synthesizers, to design a synth that produces powerful analogue sound based on his iconic Prophet-6 synthesizer. The TORAIZ AS-1 makes an ideal addition to the set-ups of professional and aspiring producers.
Develop Unique Sounds
The second musical instrument to the TORAIZ range, the AS-1 is a monophonic analogue synthesizer that brings new creative possibilities to the studio and the stage. Its intuitive controls include parameter knobs that let you make both subtle and dramatic changes to the tone of your music to create your own personalised sound. Plus you can use the touchpad-style keyboard and slider to manipulate sounds during performances.
The TORAIZ AS-1 is driven by a fully programmable, true analogue synthesis engine based on the discrete analogue circuitry in Dave Smith Instruments' Prophet-6 synthesizer. It also inherits 7 on-board effects from the Prophet-6 synth as well as a brand new digital distortion.
Prophet-6 Analogue Sound
The AS-1 is based on the same analogue filters as Dave Smith's renowned Prophet-6 synthesiser. It has 2 voltage-controlled oscillators (VCO) with continuously-variable triangle, sawtooth, and pulse wave shapes. Sculpt your sound using the 2 voltage-controlled filters (VCF), a 4-pole, resonant low-pass filter that can self-oscillate, and a 2-pole, resonant high-pass filter.
Use the TORAIZ AS-1 to create one-of-a-kind sounds using 2 VCOs, 2 VCFs, and VCA, 2 EGs and 1 LFO, then save each sound and its parameter settings as a program so you can instantly access it later.
The inspiring 495 preset programmes each have a different sound and 64-step sequence that can be edited separately. You can also save up to 495 of your own programmes in the 5 user banks.
Be creative with the Prophet-6-derived dual FX engine and use a single effect or pair 2 together to add extra texture to your sounds. FX includes Bucket Brigade Delay, Distortion, Ring Modulation, Chorus and Maestro Phaser.
Keyboard & Scale Mode
The TORAIZ AS-1 will make sure your performance is in perfect harmony as you perform the sounds you create with the touchpad keyboard or change the notes assigned to the keys with Scale Mode.
Add dynamic changes to your performance by using the slider to manipulate 7 different parameters. Change the pitch of 2 oscillators, adjust the amount of FX and more.
Be ready to experiment: perform a repeating chord pattern and change it in real time, try out different scales, match scales with a track during playback, and more.
Give your performance the edge with the 64-step sequencer. Step recording of patterns, changing the musical key, editing the sound without editing the pattern - it's all possible.
Creative DJ Setup
Create even more complex patterns by connecting the TORAIZ AS-1 synth to the TORAIZ SP-16 live sampler via MIDI. Or take it to the booth and connect the sampler to your DJ setup via Pro DJ Link: The CDJs play the track, the TORAIZ SP-16 adds loops and one-shots, and the TORAIZ AS-1 generates unique analogue leads in sync with the BPM of the music.