Here at getinthemix, we are serious about the environment and fully support the WEEE directive in the UK.
What is the WEEE Directive?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both us and you, can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- whybuynew will undertake their responsibility as a Distributor to dispose of your old item in line with European legislation and offer FREE collection from UK mainland addresses.
OK, i agree, but how do i go about disposing of my old electronic product when buying a new item for you?
- This service means that you can return waste electrical equipment to us when purchasing a new product from us under our distributor obligations. For example, if you buy a DJ Controller, we will collect your old DJ controller (like for like basis).
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled.
- Please contact us on (01206) 845125 to arrange a convenient time for collection if you want to use our service.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you.
- Remember, we also offer part exchange of old equipment, so your item maybe has a value to us!
How will i know if my item is covered by the WEEE?
- If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations. All electrical and electronic items will fall under this directive.