KRK 8S2 Active Subwoofer
The KRK 8S2 is a professional 8" active powered studio subwoofer which delivers an optimized mixing, mastering and listening experience. The 8S2 is the perfect partner for the KRK Rokit studio monitors.
KRK monitors are the professional's choice for mixing and mastering for over 25 years. Now you can enhance their natural power with subwoofers that extend KRK's legendary accuracy to the limits of human hearing. Whether you are mixing in a 2.1 or 5.1 surround environment or need to upgrade the low-frequency extension of your existing monitors, the KRK S-series provides the low frequency detail and accuracy that supports creating a rich, vivid, professional mix.
The 8s powered studio subwoofer builds upon KRK's legacy for sonic accuracy in a compact form factor. The custom-voiced, glass-aramid woofer delivers tight, defined bass, while the Class-D powered Amplifier dramatically increases transient response, control and punch, allowing you to properly engineer the low-frequency portion of the mix. The four-position selectable crossover lets you adjust the subwoofer setting easily to your existing monitors. Pairing the 8s subwoofer with KRK or another studio monitor delivers an optimized mixing and listening experience with extended low end, while the exclusive bypass-control feature provides full range audio to the monitors if needed, without switching off the subwoofer.
KRK's 8s subwoofer doesn't just deliver precise bass and a rich feature set: it's the next dimension in subwoofer performance.
- 8" glass aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 30Hz with a max SPL of 112 dB
- Footswitch control enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not included)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful, lightweight Class D amplification
- Optimized four-position crossover control
- Universal connectivity: XLR, 1/4" TRS, and RCA inputs and outputs
- Polarity and input sensitivity controls
- All-steel grill and 15 mm reinforced MDF enclosure provide maximum strength and protection
- Ground lift switch prevents ground loops
KRK 8S2 Specifications:
- Transducer: 8 inch glass aramid composite woofer, 1.5 inch VC
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 35Hz - 133Hz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 30Hz - 205Hz
- Peak SPL: 112.8 dB
- Power Output: 109 Watts continuous @ 1% THD+N @ 46Hz
- Controls: Volume, Crossover LPF/HPF (70Hz, 80Hz, 90 Hz, 100Hz), Input Sensiti- vity (Standard and High), Polarity (0 or 180 degrees), Stand By (on/Off), Ground Lift, sub and HPF bypass (with footswitch only)
- Input Connectors: XLR Left/Right, 1/4 inch TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right, 1/4 inch footswitch
- Output Connectors: XLR Left/Right, 1/4 inch TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right
- Enclosure Construction: 15mm reinforced MDF
- Finish: Black Vinyl Wrap
- KRK 8S2 Dimensions (H x W x D): 339 x 294 x 362mm / 13.3 x 11.57 x 14.25 inches
- KRK 8S2 Weight: 11.8 kg / 26.01 lbs.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.