KRK 10S2 Active Subwoofer
The KRK 10S2 is a professional 10" active powered studio subwoofer which delivers an optimized mixing, mastering and listening experience. The 10S2 is the perfect partner for the KRK Rokit monitors to create a professional studio setup.
KRK monitors are the professional's choice for mixing and mastering for over 25 years. Now you can enhance their natural power with S-series subwoofers that extend KRK's legendary accuracy to the limits of human hearing. Whether you are mixing in a 2.1 or 5.1 surround environment or need to upgrade the low-frequency extension of your existing monitors, the KRK S-series provides the low frequency detail and accuracy that supports creating a rich, vivid, professional mix.
The 10s powered studio subwoofer builds upon KRK's legacy for sonic accuracy and performance. The custom-voiced, glass-aramid woofer delivers tight, defined bass, while the Class-D powered Amplifier dramatically increases transient response, control and punch, allowing you to properly engineer the low-frequency portion of the mix. The four-position selectable crossover makes it easy to adjust the subwoofer setting to your existing monitors. Pairing the 10s with KRK or another studio monitors delivers an optimized listening and mixing experience with extended low end, while the exclusive bypass-control feature provides full range audio to the monitors if needed, without switching off the subwoofer.
KRK's 10s subwoofer doesn't just deliver precise bass and a rich feature set: it's the next dimension in subwoofer performance.
- 10" glass aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 28Hz with a max SPL of 117 dB
- Footswitch input enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not included)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful, lightweight Class D amplification
- Optimized four-position crossover control
- Universal connectivity: XLR, 1/4" TRS, and RCA inputs and outputs
- Polarity and input sensitivity controls
- All-steel grill and 15 mm reinforced MDF enclosure provide maximum strength and protection
- Ground lift switch prevents ground loops
- Transducer: 10 inch glass aramid composite woofer, 2 inch VC
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 31Hz - 110Hz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 28Hz - 156Hz
- Peak SPL: 117.2 dB
- Power Output: 160 Watts Continuous @ 1% THD+N @ 44Hz
- Controls: Volume, Crossover LPF/HPF (60Hz, 70Hz, 80 Hz, 90Hz), Input Sensitivity (Standard and High), Polarity (0 or 180 degrees), Stand By
(on/Off), Ground Lift, sub and HPF bypass (with footswitch only)
- Input Connectors: XLR Left/Right, 1/4 inch TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right, 1/4 inch footswitch
- Output Connectors: XLR Left/Right, 1/4 inch TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right
- Enclosure Construction: 15mm reinforced MDF
- Finish: Black Vinyl Wrap
- Dimensions: 15'' x 14'' x 16.06'' / 382mm x 355mm x 408mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 15.6kg / 34.5lbs
I ordered the 10s2 a few months ago, to go alongside my Rokit 5s. I was also considering the 8s2, which may or may not have been a better match for the relatively small R5s, but anyway I'm pleased to say the 10s2 works perfectly well (N.B. I do have several acoustic panels, including bass traps, plus Sonarworks). Footswitch definitely recommended, if anything just to help appreciate how much better music sounds with the sub engaged (depending on genre of course)! The reason not for 5 star is I had to wait three weeks for my order despite the product showing as in stock at the time (due to supplier issues). It was a busy time of year and getinthemix were helpful and polite when I followed up on the order, but in today's age I don't think three weeks is good enough when you're expecting next day. Great product though
Ordered alongside a pair of Rokit 5s and this sub sits well with them. I hear little or no loss of definition around the crossover point, fidelity is good and the lows are crisp. I am using the footswitch input to bypass the sub which is a convenient feature. My order was split into two deliveries and I received a phone call from the people at getinthemix to let me know which they didn't have to do and was much appreciated.