Here we have the Korg Wavestate, the easily transportable tool for musicians, producers, and composers. With its compact 37-note keyboard this synth fits perfectly into any stage, studio, or desktop setup, delivering astonishing, ever-changing sounds with extensive hands-on control.
Legendary synthesis, radically re-imagined.
Organic, inspirational, and mind-blowingly powerful.
KORGs legendary Wavestation introduced the world to Wave Sequencing, transforming raw samples into sounds that no-one had ever heard before. The flagship OASYS and KRONOS keyboards developed Wave Sequencing even further, expanding on its unique palette of lush, evolving pads and driving rhythms.
Now, KORG is proud to announce the next step in digital synthesis: the wavestate. Featuring the radically re-imagined Wave Sequencing 2.0, the wavestate delivers astonishing, ever-changing sounds with extensive hands-on control.
Far from a nostalgic reissue, the wavestate is designed from the ground up for a new generation of musicians, producers, and composers, taking cues from sources as diverse as modular synths, groove boxes, and algorithmic composition. The compact form-factor, with 37 full-size keys, transports easily and fits neatly into any stage, studio, or desktop setup.
Wave Sequencing 2.0
With the Wavestation, each step of a Wave Sequence had a duration, a sample, and a pitch. This created ear-catching patternsbut the patterns repeated the same way, over and over. What if they could evolve in organic, unexpected ways, instead of just repeating?
Wave Sequencing 2.0 splits apart the timing, the sequence of samples, and the melody, so that each can be manipulated independently. Also added are new characteristics including shapes, gate times, and step sequencer values. Each of these is a Lane, and each Lane can have a different number of steps and its own start, end, and loop points.
Every time the sequence moves forward, the individual Lanes are combined to create the output. For instance, a sample may be matched with a different duration, pitch, shape, gate length, and step sequence value every time that it plays. You can modulate each Lanes start, end, and loop points separately for every note, using velocity, LFOs, envelopes, Mod Knobs, or other controllers. Each note in a chord can be playing something different!
Lanes can also randomize the step order every time they play, with realtime control over the range of included steps. Finally, individual steps can be randomly skipped, with a modulatable probability from 0 to 100%. The result is organic, ever-changing sounds that respond to your control. The four onboard arpeggiators can interact with Wave Sequences for even more possibilities.
Easily expressive. Exceptionally deep.
Bursting with knobs and controllers, the wavestate invites you to explore. All of the basicsfilter, envelopes, LFOs, effectsare at your fingertips with dedicated front-panel controls. Eight programmable Mod Knobs are customized to bring out the most in every sound, often taking them in entirely new directions. Use the knobs in realtime performance, and also save the results as new sounds. Add in the Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels and the unique Vector Joystick, and youll always have multiple dimensions of realtime expression.
Want to dig deeper? Almost all front-panel knobs, and most on-screen parameters, can be modulated. You can even modulate settings for individual Wave Sequence Steps! Mod Processors let you transform modulation signals using quantization, smoothing, curvature, and more.
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Sound generating system: Wave Sequencing 2.0
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 stereo voices
- Ships with over 240 Performances, 740 Programs, and 1,000 Wave Sequences
- Storage for tens of thousands of user Performances
- Performance: 4 Layers, Reverb, EQ; all edits are stored in the Performance, DAW-style (saving as separate Programs, Wave Sequences etc. is supported but not required)
- Layer: Program, Arpeggiator, Key and Velocity Zones
- Program: Wave Sequence, Filter, Amp, Pre FX, Mod FX, Delay
- Filters: 2-pole LPF, 2-pole HPF, 2-pole BPF, 2-pole Band Reject, 4-pole LPF, 4-pole HPF, 4-pole BPF, 4-pole Band Reject, Multi Filter, MS-20 LPF, MS-20 HPF, Polysix
- Controllers: Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Vector Joystick X/Y, 8x Program/Performance Mod Knobs
- Other Sources: 3x Envelopes, Vector Envelope, 3x LFOs, 2x Mod Processors, 2x Key Track, Step Sequencer Lane, Step Pulse, Tempo, Program/Performance Note Count, Program/Performance Voice Count, Poly Legato, Velocity, Exponential Velocity, Release Velocity, Gate/Gate+Damper, Note-On Trigger/Note-On Trigger+Damper, Note Number, Aftertouch/Poly Aftertouch (external MIDI only), MIDI CCs +/-, MIDI CCs +
- Destinations: Most parameters can be modulated, including parameters of individual Wave Sequence Steps. Depending on Wave Sequence length, there can be more than 1,000 potential modulation targets per Program.
- Pre FX: Decimator, Graphic EQ, Guitar Amp, Modern Compressor, Parametric EQ, Red Compressor, Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Wave Shaper
- Mod FX: Black Chorus/Flanger, Black Phase, CX-3 Vibrato Chorus, EP Chorus, Harmonic Chorus, Modern Chorus, Modern Phaser, Orange Phase, Polysix Ensemble, Small Phase, Talking Modulator, Vintage Chorus, Vintage Flanger, Vintage/Custom Wah, Vox Wah
- Delay: L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape Echo
- Reverb: Early Reflections, Overb
- Performance EQ: 4-band parametric EQ
- Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks)
- DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack)
- MIDI IN and OUT connectors
- USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA)
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H): 565 × 338 × 92 mm/22.24 × 13.31 × 3.62
- Weight: 2.9 kg/6.93 lbs.
- Included items: AC adapter, Precautions, Quick Start Guide
- Accessories (sold separately): DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.