Korg Electribe EMX2 Blue
The Korg Electribe EMX2 Metallic Blue is a combination synthesiser and sequencer music production machine. It has been optimised for speed to enable you to make beats rapidly whether you are performing live or producing music in the studio.
A new metallic blue model - a nod to the legacy of electribe
Following the chic grey unit, the lineup has been joined by a metallic blue model that's reminiscent of the previous model, the ELECTRIBE MX. Complemented by the numerous colourfully illuminated LEDs, this unit will energise your playing.
Download over 200 bonus patterns
Electribe artists, sound designers, and beat makers from around the world have created bonus pattern data packed with new sounds, phrases, and sequences. These 203 different patterns include synthesizer sounds, drum kits, and ideas that work with a variety of musical styles. They are provided as reference materials for your beat-making or as foundations to give you new inspiration.
Sync, MIDI, and Audio In jacks for integration into any setup
Since there's a sync jack for easy connection to KORG's groove machines, you can connect the electribe to your electribe sampler, volca series unit, or SQ-1 for playback sessions that are synchronized with your sequencer.
MIDI connectors are also provided for inter-operation with your DAW. By adding the electribe's performance to your laptop-based stage setup, you can take advantage of even greater performance possibilities.
The electribe is also equipped with an audio in jack. By connecting an external device and selecting the "Audio In" oscillator, you can use the filter or effect to process the external audio input, or energize your performance by using the step sequencer to turn the output on/off.
In the past, machine-centric live setups required numerous synthesizers, samplers, and sequencers. Today, the electribe can function in a variety of roles, either as the master device at the center of such a setup, or as a slave device that adds sparkle to the performance. Experiment with connecting different instruments to create your very own live setup.
- Type: Analog modeling sound engine + PCM sound engine
- Maximum Polyphony: 24 voices
* The polyphony of the entire pattern varies depending on the Oscillator, Filter, and Insert Fx type.
* Independent parameters for each voice have been simplified; four voices share the parameters of one conventional voice.
- Oscillator: Type (409), Pitch/Glide, Edit
- Oscillator Types: Kick (56), Snare (58), Clap (16), HiHat (42), Cymbal (14), Tom (16), Percussion (55), Voice (16), Synth FX (18), Synth Hit (18), Inst Hit (16), Synth (55), Instrument (28), Audio In (1)
- Filter: Filter (Cutoff), Resonance, EG Int, LPF/HPF/BPF (16)
- Modulation: Type (72), Depth, Speed
- Amp/Envelope Generator: Level, Pan, Attack, Decay/Release, Amp EG On/Off
- Scale Types: 35
- Gate Arpeggiator: Types 50
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 24 bit Effect
- Insert Effect: One unit (can be used on each of the 16 parts) Type (38), Edit, Insert FX On/Off
- Master Effect One unit Type (32), Touch Pad, Master FX On/Off, Master FX Hold On/Off
- Number of Steps: 16 steps x 4
- Number of Parts: 16 parts
(one part consists of a sound, steps, insert effect, modulation sequence, etc)
- Number of Patterns 250 patterns (200 Presets / 50 Initial) (one pattern consists of parts, master effect, key, scale setting, etc)
- Motion Sequences: Up to 24 motion sequences can be stored (for each pattern)
- Groove Types: 25
- Pattern Set: Up to 64 patterns can be stored
- Pattern Chain: Up to 250 patterns can be chained
- Export: Ableton Live project file format, WAV file format (48 kHz, 16 bit)
- Event Recording: Up to 100 files can be saved
- Number of Pads: 16 pads (Velocity sensitive)
- Modes: Trigger, Sequencer, Keyboard, Chord, Step Jump, Pattern Set
- Modes: Gate Arp, Touch Scale, Master FX
- Audio: L/Mono, R Output:(Standard phone jack)
Headphones: (Stereo mini jack)
Audio Input: (Stereo mini jack)
- MIDI: In, Out (Use an included MIDI adapter cable)
- USB: Type micro B
- Sync: In, Out (Stereo mini jack)
External Storage Device
- SD Card (512 MB -- 2 GB), SDHC Card (Up to 32 GB)
- Power Supply: AC adapter (DC 9V) or AA battery x 6 (Alkaline battery or Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours (Power Saving: ON, with Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Current Consumption: Less than 500 mA
- Zinc die cast
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 339 x 189 x 45 mm / 13.35" x 7.44" x 1.77"
- 1.6 kg / 3.53 lbs
- AC adapter (DC9V), MIDI adapter cable x 2, Ableton Live 9 lite (License card included)