Akai Professional MPC X Production Controller
The Akai MPC X is a powerful standalone beat-orientated music production machine. It features a full colour 10.1" multi-touch screen and 16GB of internal storage with over 10GB of sound content included. The MPC X is natively powered by MPC Software 2.0 and its plethora of connectivity options guarantees quick adaptation into any studio environment.
The Beast, Unleashed
The X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full colour 10.1" multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure sensitive RGB pads and packs 16GB of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity. Rounding out the controls are dedicated menu buttons, a large master encoder knob and 16 touch-sensitive 360º assignable pots (Q-Links) with OLED displays, perfect for precisely automating individual parameters and delivering expressively nuanced recordings.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Powering the mighty X is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional's new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC X in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC with the X tethered to a computer. A number of major workflow enhancements have been added to 2.0, including: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, refined Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop - all appearing on a new graphical interface. Future versions will support Ableton Link.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The X is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own radio-ready kits. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The X features a 2.5" SATA drive connector providing more storage via external hard drive - SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
Above and Beyond
The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For the vinyl junkies, two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp have been included to ensure the right levels are coming into the X directly from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. Akai have stayed true to their roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
MPC 2.2 Software Update
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller modes is Akai Professional's re-imagined MPC Software 2.2; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more.
MPC 2.3 Software Update
The standalone MPC Live / X and the desktop software now contain three plugin instruments, AIR TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric.
The TubeSynth emulates the sound of classic vintage analog poly-synths packaged with five integrated AIR effects. The instrument is created by AIR and is based on the same advanced analog modelling technology found in their highly acclaimed desktop plugin synth Vacuum Pro. The layout has been carefully designed for easy tweak-ability via the MPC Q-Links. The TubeSynth comes packaged with a comprehensive factory library of cutting edge presets including sumptuous pads, hard hitting plucks, thunderous basses and screaming lead sounds.
The AIR Bassline emulates the sound of classic mono synths with a contemporary twist. Including four integrated AIR effects as well as two built-in distortion algorithms.
The AIR Electric emulates the sound of classic electric pianos.
MPC 2.4 Update (Released February 2019)
2.3 saw standalone synth engines, now it's time for premium mixing tools in MPC! Akai Professional has just announced MPC 2.4 that introduces a plethora of user-requested features and workflow enhancements, notably the addition of 28 must-have effects from critically-acclaimed DSP gurus AIR Music Technology and a much-requested side-chain compressor, the Mother Ducker.
The original AIR Creative FX collection has been included as part of Pro Tools® since Version 8 and is considered the reference FX suite by some of the world's most respected audio professionals. With MPC 2.4, this legendary suite of 16 mix essentials has been ported to MPC for immediate use with standalone or desktop MPC software; this core range of effects has also been expanded to include 12 new plugins, including the AIR Channel Strip and AIR Transient. Each effect has been expertly designed with ease of use in mind and the stunning new TUI layouts take using effects inside MPC to a whole new level.
Here we have the Akai Professional MPC X Production Controller in Brand New and in B-Stock. The B-Stock versions would have been on display at a training evening or trade exhibition only and will come boxed 'as new' with all accessories and a 1-year warranty.
Buy this amazing Akai Professional MPC X Production Controller with confidence with 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
- Standalone MPC - no computer required - natively powered by MPC Software 2.0
- 10.1" full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Inputs: 2 XLR 1/4" combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 instrument level 1/4" jacks, turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- Dual 1/4" and 1/8" headphone outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
Specs & Requirements
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer
- MPC 2.0: Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB for all content), Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended), Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
- When display is flat: 87.3mm x 504.5mm x 424.4mm
- When display is upright: 213.5mm x 504.5mm x 387.9mm
- When display is flat: 3.4" x 19.9" x 16.7"
- When display is upright: 8.4" x 19.9" x 15.3"
MPC 2.2 Software Update Features
- MIDI Learn Global - The MPC desktop software can now be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards and pad controllers. Once configured as a Global MIDI Learn template, its assignments and the Enable On/Off will persist so that each time the MPC application is opened, saved controller assignments will instantly be ready to be used.
- MIDI Learn Project - The MPC standalone and desktop software's automatable parameters can now be controlled by external
- MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards, pad controllers and MIDI mixers.
- Humanize - Users can now randomize the timing or velocity of MIDI events.
- Generate Random Events - MPC can now generate random melodic patterns and drum beats.
- MPC X and MPC Live can now load a user template project from the Launch page.
MPC 2.3 Software Update Features:
TubeSynth Key Features:
- Flexible 3 Oscillator architecture features noise, saw, square, pulse and triangle waveforms.
- Two different unison engines offer extended possibilities for thickening the timbre of any patch. Doubling thickens any patch by creating a detuned copy of the original. Where as the Oscillator 1 Quad section is perfect for creating powerful Supersaw and other unison waveforms from a single oscillator.
- Customize the harmonic content of Oscillator 2 using the voice-level EQ and Drive parameters. Go to Oscillator 2 and set it to Saw, Oscillator 2 Keytrack to 100 %, and Oscillator 2 EQ Frequency to around 88hz. Now increase the Oscillator 2 EQ Gain, this will boost the fundamental harmonic of each voice, thickening the sound. Decreasing the Oscillator 2 EQ Gain value will decrease the amplitude of the fundamental harmonic creating a thinner timbre. Experiment with different Oscillator 2 Frequency values to accentuate different harmonics.
- Lowpass Filter with continuously variable slope with pre and post distortion.
- Polyphonic Glide/Portamento for polyphonic pitch slides between chords.
- Envelopes are included for Filter and Amp, with a third specialist ramp envelope that can be assigned to different modulation destinations.
- Two LFOs have Sine, Square, Saw Up, Saw Down, Pump, Sample and Hold and Drift waveforms. The LFOs can be synchronized to the sequencer clock or free running, and a dedicated Fade parameter can set the LFOs to fade in or out
- Explore a wide range of timbral possibilities with the Oscillator sections Ring Modulation parameter. The amount of Ring Modulation can be modulated by LFO 2, which can be perfect for continuously evolving pad sounds. Ring Modulation can also be assigned to the Mod section as a Destination.
- AIR Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Compressor and Hype EQ.
- Almost 300 patches provide a wide selection of Synth, Lead, Pluck, Pad, Bass, Organ and FX presets.
- Oscillator 1 and 2 Env Shape parameters allow you to modulate the shape of each oscillator with the Filter Envelope
Bassline Key Features:
- Flexible oscillator with continuously variable waveshape including octave saw, saw, square and sine waveforms
- Sub and fifth oscillators for thicker layered timbres.
- Lowpass and Highpass filters.
- Over 150 presets.
Electric Key Features:
- Dedicated Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections provide a huge amount of flexibility to configure the timbre of the electric piano sound.
- Five AIR effects Tremolo, Tube distortion, Chorus, Delay and Spring Reverb.
- Over 80 presets.
MPC 2.4 (Released February 2019)
16 Classic FX from Pro Tools:
- AIR Distortion: Instantly adds colour to audio signals with multiple modes, and scalable amounts, of distortion.
- AIR Enhancer: Enhances the low and high broadband frequencies of an audio signal.
- AIR Ensemble: Applies fluid, shimmering modulation effects to the selected audio signal.
- AIR Filter Gate: Highly-acclaimed plug-in that chops an audio signal into staccato rhythmic patterns with variable filtering, amplitude, and panning.
- AIR Flanger: Applies a short modulating delay to the selected audio signal.
- AIR Freq Shift: Shifts the audio signal's individual frequencies, creating a unique effect.
- AIR Fuzz-Wah: Adds colour to an audio signal with various types, and varying amounts, of transistor-like distortion
- AIR Kill EQ: Instantly mutes the Low, Mid or High broadband frequency range independently from an audio signal - a popular effect with DJs and is commonly heard in contemporary electronic music production.
- AIR Lo-Fi: Bit-crush, down-sample, clip and rectify the selected input signal.
- AIR Multi-Chorus: Applies a thick, complex Chorus effects to an audio signal.
- AIR Non-Linear Reverb: Applies a special gated or reversed Reverb effect to the audio signal, creating a synthetic, processed ambience.
- AIR Phaser: Applies a phaser to an audio signal for that much sought-after "wooshy," "squishy" sound.
- AIR Reverb: Applies Reverb to the audio signal, creating a sense of room or space - perfect for Effect Send inserts or Main Effects inserts.
- AIR Spring Reverb: A faithful emulation of the classic spring reverb sound.
- AIR Stereo Width: A useful plug-in that creates a wider stereo presence within the source audio.
- AIR Talkbox: Instantly add voice-like resonances to selected audio signals.
12 All-New Plugins:
- AIR Channel Strip: Specially written for MPC this channel strip combines multiple sections with asuper-fast interface for getting incredible results. The equalisation section features a high-pass filter,low shelf, high shelf, and a fully parametric mid-band. The dynamics section includes AIR compressor and gate algorithms, which are perfect for achieving hard-hitting drum sounds.
- AIR Compressor: A production mainstay. Use this Compressor to change the dynamic range of a signal by automatically reducing its gain if it exceeds a certain level.
- AIR Delay: A classic stereo delay featuring a feedback path that has a filter within it to shape the tonality of the repeats. The Ratio and Width parameters enable you to achieve a wide range of stereo delay effects.
- AIR Diff Delay: Delay line effect that is synchronised to the session tempo and uses an adjustable amount of diffusion, thus emulating the dissipation of echoes in reverberant space.
- AIR Filter: Applies a filter to an incoming audio signal and then applies a selectable type of distortion and reduction to the filtered signal.
- AIR Maximizer: A limiter specifically developed for professional mastering.
- AIR Noise Gate: A classic gate effect with a dedicated denoise section to achieve a smoother gate effect with less audible chatter.
- AIR Para EQ: Four-band parametric equaliser with four independent EQ ranges.
- AIR Pitch Shifter: Transpose the pitch of incoming audio; a range of pitch shifting algorithms gives you a variety of flavours to experiment with.
- AIR Pumper: Pumper creates a rhythmic pumping effect, similar to that of sidechain compression, with an assignable speed, depth and envelope shape.
- AIR Transient: Add more attack to drum sounds, reduce the level of reverb or increase the sustain level a bass guitar.
- AIR Tube Drive: Emulates the sound of the signal being played through a mildly "overdriven" tube amp, creating a warm, smooth-sounding distortion.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.