The Roland VT-4 Voice Transmitter greatly improves on its predecessor and includes a MIDI in input along with many more effects and also gives you the ability to chain effects. The Roland VT-4 is also battery powered making it a ideal solution for anyone looking for a portable vocal effects unit. It can also be powered via USB just in case you forget to buy some batteries, however Roland have already thought of that and the Roland VT-4 comes supplied with 4x AA alkaline batteries!
Find Your Voice
The VT-4 is an effect processor for the instrument inside us allthe human voice. And like the human voice, the VT-4 is easy to use, yet devastatingly effective. Whether youre a solo electronic artist, DJ, or singer in a band, the VT-4 lets you craft and shape your own unique vocal sounds, from subtle augmentation to radical transformation. Everything is hands on, with no menu diving or programming to get in the way. Jaw-dropping effects like harmonizing, vocoding, pitch shifting, hard tuning, and more are just a push, slide, or turn away. And with its compact size and five-hour battery life, you can use the VT-4 anywhere.
Todays musical styles increasingly use unusual vocal sounds with heavy processing, making them stand out and grab the listeners attention. With the VT-4, you have a wealth of modern and retro vocal effects at your fingertips, with no need to resort to a complicated setup with a computer and plug-ins. All the effects are top-notch, with everything from delay and reverb to mind-bending formant and vocoding effects. Better still, the VT-4s performance-oriented interface lets you ride the controls while you sing to constantly alter the sound to suit the track and enhance the vibe of your performance.
Be Who You Want To Be
Great-sounding pitch and formant effects are hard to come by, especially without a computer. And real-time tweaking of these effects often results in nasty artefacts and other unpleasantness. With the VT-4 you have totally smooth, instant control over both pitch and format, with dedicated faders for each. Dramatically change your entire persona from male to female, big to small, or good to evilthe choice is yours.
Achieving complex vocal effects is easy with the VT-4, and you can even use multiple effects at the same time. Use the central Auto-Pitch knob to dial in just the right amount of hard-tuned effect, then press the Megaphone button for some lo-fi raunchiness. Or run the vocoder through a tape delay or vintage chorus. Each effect has a selection of one-touch variations, so you can get different vocoder characteristics, various lo-fi effects, multi-part harmonies, and distinct kinds of reverb and delay. Chain your effects, set the controls just how you like them, and then simply hold down a preset button to save that setup for later. Changing presets and tweaking controls is smooth and immediate, with no jarring artefacts, glitches, or dropouts.
The VT-4 works great on its own and can harmonize and vocode without any input other than your voice. But plugging a MIDI keyboard into the VT-4 opens even more expressive possibilities, letting you control the Auto-Pitch, harmony, and vocoder engines in real time with the notes you play. You can hard-tune your voice to specific notes as you sing, or create instant multi-part harmonies with voicing's that follow your chords. The VT-4s small footprint sits nicely on most keyboards and is easy to integrate into your setup, dishing out huge backing vocals and funky vocoded leads by the bucketload.
Fun and Games
Whether its a weekly podcast or nightly multiplayer battle, if youre broadcasting your voice on the internet, you only have so many ways to stand out. The VT-4s combination of small size, simple controls, and USB-audio capabilities make it uniquely suited to altering your voice for YouTube broadcasts, game streaming, podcasting, and more. Take on the persona of different characters in diverse locations, or sound larger than life when taunting your foes. Add humor, danger, wit, and variety to your streaming broadcastsyour imagination is your only limitation.
- Robot: (1) NORMAL, (2) OCTAVE-1, (3) OCTAVE+1, (4) FEEDBACK
- Megaphone: (1) MEGAPHONE, (2) RADIO, (3) BBD CHORUS, (4) STROBO
- Vocoder: (1) ADVANCED, (2) VP, (3) TALK BOX, (4) SPELL TOY
- Harmony: (1) +5, (2) +3, (3) +3, -4, (4) +3, +5
- Reverb: (1) REVERB, (2) ECHO, (3) TEMPO DELAY, (4) DUB ECHO
- MIC IN jack (rear): Combo type (XLR, 1/4-inch TRS phone), balanced (phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max.)
- MIC IN jack (front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power)
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- LINE OUT jacks (L/MONO, R/BYPASS): 1/4-inch phone type
- USB port: USB type B
- MIDI IN jack
- Nominal Input Level: MIC IN: -40 to -12 dBu (variable)
- Input Impedance: MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms, MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: LINE OUT: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: LINE OUT: 1 k ohm, PHONES: 24 ohms
- Memory: Scene memory: 8
- Signal Processing: PC interface: 24 bits, AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency: AD/DA conversion: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw: 500 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 174 x 133 x 58mm / 6-7/8 x 5-1/4 x 2-5/16 Inches
- Weight (including batteries): 554g / 1 lb 4 oz
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use:
- Alkaline battery (phantom power: Off): Approx. 6 hours
- Alkaline battery (phantom power: On): Approx. 4 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (phantom power: Off): Approx. 7 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (phantom power: On): Approx. 5.5 hours
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.