PreSonus AudioBox USB 96
Here we have the PreSonus AudioBox USB 96; an audio interface that introduces students and beginners to professional studio recording without the studio at an affordable price. This highly impressive piece of equipment is bus powered via USB 2.0 and comes equipped with PreSonus' Studio One Artist user-friendly production software so wherever you go you know you'll be ready to record. The AudioBox USB 96 has an incredibly tough outer shell that can easily withstand life on the road while its attractive sky-blue colour will look attractive in any environment.
Simple, reliable, and portable.
Whether you are a musician, producer, or podcaster on a tight budget, the AudioBox USB 96 audio interface is for you! This simple, handy little audio/MIDI interface has just the right features for basic recording needs, allowing you to plug in and start recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz audio right away. Bus-powered and built to travel, the AudioBox USB 96 makes recording easy.
Just the right size.
The AudioBox USB 96 audio interfaces two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy and ready to travel.
Here is a mobile audio interface in the best sense of the term. We gave the AudioBox USB 96 a heavy-duty steel chassis so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And its USB 2.0 bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
World-class recording software included.
While the AudioBox USB 96 audio interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software, it comes with a free license for PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW, giving you a complete recording solution. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice.
Built for the studio and the road.
Whether you're just getting into recording or are a veteran producer who wants to go mobile, the AudioBox USB 96 audio interface will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that's ready to hit the road when you are. The perfect companion for any recording software, the AudioBox USB 96 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution right out of the box. Check out the AudioBox USB 96 and Studio One at your favourite PreSonus dealer.
Includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavour of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies - these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR/ 1/4" mic/ instrument inputs
- 2 balanced 1/4" main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+105 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Compatible with most Mac and Windows recording software
- Studio One Artist
- Studio Magic Plug-in Suite
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Powered via USB busno wall wart!
Computer system requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 processor (Intel Core i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems:
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection (for activation)
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system.
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200 ohm
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1 dB): 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (+/-2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Type: 1/4" TS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 0.5 Mohm
- Type: 1/4" Balanced
- Output Impedance: 51 ohm
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60 ohm Load
- Frequency Response (+/-1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHz
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DIN
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB 2.0 bus-powered
- Dimensions: 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
I needed a small audio interface to take travelling That was compact and to plug and play and cant recommend this enough and for the price its unbelievable valve!!!
I'm new to home recording and was looking for an affordable, entry-level audio interface -- something that would allow me to try things out without a massive investment. The Presonous AudioBox USB 96 fit the bill perfectly: all the connections I needed, at an amazingly low price. Despite not advertising Linux support, I had it up and running instantly on Ubuntu 20.04 with no additional drivers required.And I was able to get it working fairly quickly with Ardour 6 -- the delay being my own inexperience rather than any issue with the unit itself. I've yet to really put it to the test but as far as I can tell it does everything I could ask for at this point.
Plug-in and play easy to register I was recording within half an hour. The most impressive thing was the price the fact that they had it in stock at this difficult time of coronavirus. Also arrived the next day fabulous what can I say