PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio
Introducing the PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio; an all-in-one recording kit that is an excellent introduction to professional music and audio recording. Based on the PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 audio interface the set also includes the Presonus M7 large-diaphragm condenser microphone with PreSonus HD7 headphones, plus PreSonus' Studio One Artist production software - all an introductory professional quality and all at an affordable price point which makes this set perfect for students, beginners and hobbyist podcasters & YouTubers.
Everything you need to record and produce.
Start recording today with this complete, all-PreSonus package! Based on the AudioBox USB 96 audio/MIDI interface and award-winning Studio One recording and production software, PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio is great for creating multitrack recordings, demos, live recordings, podcasts, field recordings for video and sound effects, and much more.
AudioBox USB 96: Simple, reliable, and portable.
The AudioBox USB 96 is the heart of the AudioBox 96 Studio. This simple, handy little audio/MIDI interface has just the right features for basic recording needs, including two combo mic/instrument inputs and zero-latency monitoring, so you can simply plug in and start recording right away. Bus-powered, built to travel, compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows, and equipped with high-performance microphone preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz converters, the AudioBox USB 96 makes high-definition recording easy.
Studio One Artist makes recording a breeze.
No other entry-level recording and production software is this easy to learn and use, yet is capable of creating studio-quality output. Studio One Artist lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration, offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins, and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs. Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, and effects by drag-and-drop. Studio One makes it easy!
Capture every nuance with the M7 condenser microphone.
Get your mic collection off to a good start with the M7 large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Condenser mics are the overwhelming choice of recording studio professionals, enabling you to capture musical details, harmonics, and subtle nuances that would get lost with dynamic mics. Large-diaphragm condenser microphones, like the M7, tend to "warm up" a sound, making them the go-to microphone for recording vocals and a wide range of instruments.
Hear every detail with HD7 professional headphones.
PreSonus' high-definition HD7 headphones take advantage of a patented, semi-open sound chamber to deliver exceptionally deep low frequencies with a balanced and yet powerful bass punch. Accurate midrange and extended treble response let you pick out the fine details of a mix or track. The lightweight, ergonomic design adjusts to any head size, offering a comfortable listening experience during long recording sessions.
Includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavour of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies - these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
AudioBox USB 96:
- Bus-powered USB audio and MIDI interface
- Perfect match with Studio One Artist software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.1, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with Class A mic preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power (for included M7 microphone or other condenser microphones)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Headphone jack with level control (for included HD7 headphones or other headphones)
- 1/3U rack-mountable
- Computer-to-interface connection cable included
Studio One Artist software:
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio time-stretching and resampling
- Multitrack comping and MIDI editing
- Transient detection and editing and groove extraction
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Integrates tightly with Celemony Melodyne
- Instantly configures to PreSonus interfaces?
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant interfaces
- 26 Native Effects 32-bit effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- 10+ GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
- Mac- and Windows-compatible
- Large-diaphragm design
- Captures far more detail than a dynamic mic stand adaptor
- Phantom-powered via AudioBox USB
- 9' / 3 m cable included
- Cloth carry bag included
- High neodymium resolution drivers
- Precision-tuned acoustic chamber
- Extended bass response
- Built tough to withstand abuse
- Auto-fit head pads
- Comfortable and long-lasting ear pads
- 98" / 2.5m single-side cable
- Optimised pressure
Computer system requirements
Studio One is a modern, cross-platform DAW that is capable of operating as a 32-bit or 64-bit application. While we make every effort to ensure Studio One will run well on the widest variety of computers possible, please read these specifications carefully to determine compatibility with your system.
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 processor (Intel Core i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems:
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection (for activation)
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024 x 768 pixels.
AudioBox USB 96 Specifications
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200 ohm
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1 dB): 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (+/-2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Type: 1/4"
- TRS Female Unbalanced Input Impedance: 0.5 Mohm
- Type: 1/4"
- Balanced Output Impedance: 51O
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60O Load
- Frequency Response (+/-1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHz
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DIN
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB 2.0 Bus-powered
- Dimensions: 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (0.64 kg)
M7 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Element: Electret
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 18 kHz
- Sensitivity: -39 dBV/pa (12.2 mV/pa)
- Rated Impedance: 200O
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN): 20 dB
- Maximum SPL: 136 dB SPL
- Phantom Power Required: +12 to +52 VDC, 3 mA
- S/N Ratio: 74 dB
- Dynamic Range: 11 dB
- Current Consumption: 3.5 mA
- Diameter: 2.13" (54 mm), maximum
- Length: 6.69" (170 mm)
- Weight: 11.3 oz. (320g)
HD7 Headphone Specifications
- Acoustic Design: Dynamic, semi-open
- Driver: 50 mm, neodymium
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 30 kHz
- Sensitivity: 98 dB SPL (1 mW)
- Maximum Power: 300 mW
- Rated Impedance: 56O
- Earpad: Leather
- Weight, without Cable: 7.8 oz (222g)
- Cable: 8' 2" (2.5m) straight, single-sided
- Plug Adapter: 1/8" to 1/4" (3.5 to 6.3 mm), screw-on, gold-plated, stereo mini-plug