M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitors with Desktop Stands & Cable
BX8 D3 Features:
- Bi-amplified design with 150 watts (80 LF, 70 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 8" Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1.25" natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- Computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Wide range 37-22kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
BX8 D3 Specifications:
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- Low Freq. Driver: 8 inch (203 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround, magnetically shielded
- High Freq. Driver: 1.25 inch (32mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 1.9kHz
- Low Freq. Amplifier Power: 85W
- High Freq. Amplifier Power: 75W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110dB
- Input Sensitivity: 85mV pink noise input produces 96dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Input Connectors: 1x XLR balanced input connector 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Input Impedance: 10kO balanced, 20kO unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power Voltage 100-120V, 50/60 Hz 220-240V, 50/60 Hz Consumption 150W Fuse 220-240V~ T1AL, 250V 100-120V~ T2AL, 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimensions: (width x depth x height) 9.8" x 11.9" x 15.1" 250 x 302 x 384 mm
- Weight: 23.1 lb / 10.5 kg
Gorilla GSM-50 Features:
- High-quality metal construction
- Variable Height Settings
- Universal-Fit for most popular models 5", 6" or 8" Studio Monitors
- Black power-coated finish
- Flat, sturdy base for stability
- Quick and easy to setup and adjust
- Superb quality and value
- Foam Isolation Strips Included to Stick on Top plate if Required
- Lifetime Gorilla Warranty
- Sold as a PAIR
Gorilla GSM-50 Specifications:
- Height: 23-29cm
- Base Dimensions: 25cm x 25cm (Flat Metal Base)
- Top Plate Dimensions: 23cm x 23cm
- Foam strips included for isolation purposes which fix to top plate
- Colour: Black
- Superb quality and value
- Some easy assembly required and tools included
This fantastic studio monitor package includes:
2 x M-Audio BX8 D3 Studio Monitors
1 x Gorilla Desktop Studio Monitor Stands (Pair)
1 x 2x Male XLR to 2x RCA Phono 3m Cable
M-Audio BX8 D3
The BX8 D3 8-inch Powered Studio Reference Monitor is the lastest addition to the renowned BX series from M-Audio - trusted by recording/mix engineers and composers globally. With the BX D3 monitors you will hear everything in lifelike detail, so your mixes and recordings will sound their best!
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor's drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, BX8-D3's 8-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted "cone breakup." BX8- D3's treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio's BX8-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX8-D3 monitors have a rear mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX8-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX8-D3's tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency "scatter," whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy location of the optimum listening position, the BX8-D3's front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you're located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX8-D3's iconic design on the front panel-M-Audio's famous "keyhole" shape-is more than just an attractive look: This special "fastenerless" design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX8-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX8-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
The BX8- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX8-D3's special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX8-D3's sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever you needs, the BX8-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX8-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including mixers, interfaces, DJ gear and more.
It's Far More Than the Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio's BX8-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, BX8-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
Desktop Monitor Stands
Gorilla GSM-50 (PAIR) are high-quality desktop studio monitor speaker stands and are perfect for your studio or home setup. These sturdy stands are height adjustable from 23-29cm and can support today's most popular models of studio monitors which incorporate a 5", 6", 7.5" or 8" bass driver. Lifetime warranty included.
The GSM-50 stands are all-metal and finished with a hard-wearing black powder-coating which compliments most monitor speaker models and ensures that your stands stay looking good for years to come. A flat, sturdy metal base ensures maximum stability while a single tightening-screw allows the height to be adjusted quickly, easily and without fuss.