Yamaha DHR12M Powered Loudspeaker
Yamaha DHR12M Features
- The coaxial driver delivers precise, smooth phase and frequency response characteristics ideal for use in monitoring applications
- Featuring a plywood cabinet that delivers a clear sound with minimal vibration
- Compact, low profile, plywood enclosure with a polyurea coating for a robust, scratch-resistant surface
- A pole socket for use on a stand
- Proprietary FIR-X™ tuning, provides FIR filtering and corrective EQ, minimizing phase distortion
Yamaha DHR12M Specifications
- Speaker type: 2-way, Bi-amped Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency range (-10dB): 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage area: H90 x V90
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz: FIR-X tuning™ (linear phase FIR filter)
- Maximum Output Level (Measured peak, IEC noise@1m): 129 dB SPL
- LF: Diameter: 12" cone, Voice Coil: 2.5", Magnet: Ferrite
- HF: Diaphragm: 1.75", Type: 1" throat coaxial compression driver, Magnet: Ferrite
- Amplifier class: Class-D
- Power rating: 1,000 W (LF: 800 W, HF: 200 W) *1
- Dynamic: 700 W (LF: 500 W, HF: 200 W) *1
- Continuous: 465 W (LF: 400 W, HF: 65 W)
- Cooling: Fan cooling, 4 speeds
- Power consumption: 74 W (1/8power), 18 W (Idle)
- Power requirements: 100 V, 100-120 V, 220-240 V, 110/127/220 V (Brazil), 50/60 Hz
- A/D D/A Converters: 24 bit 48 kHz Sampling
- Processors: HPF: OFF, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 24 dB/Oct.; D-CONTOUR: FOH/MAIN, MONITOR, OFF
- I/O connectors: INPUT1: Combo x1, INPUT2: Combo x 1 + RCA pin x 2 (Unbalanced), OUTPUT: XLR3-32 x 1 (CH1 Parallel Through or CH1+CH2 Mix)
- Cabinet material: Plywood
- Finish: Durable Polyurea Painting, Black
- Handle: Side x1
- Pole socket: 35 mm x1 (Bottom)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 500 mm (19.7") x 343 mm (13.5") (with rubber feet) x 454 mm (17.9")
- Net weight: 16.5 kg (36.4 lbs)
Introducing the Yamaha DHR12M Powered Loudspeaker, a 12" model featuring a coaxial compression driver for improved clarity and smoother frequency response. Perfect for floor monitoring and ideal for stepping up your sound reinforcement game, achieving professional quality and performance. The rugged design using premium plywood with a polyurea coating gives outstanding durability as well as delivering crystal clear sound with minimal vibration.
The DHR12M is a 2-way bi-amp powered loudspeaker with a 12-inch woofer and a 1.75-inch HF driver in a space saving coaxial configuration, perfect for use as a floor monitor. Combining a 1000W amplifier and high performance DSP with the same plywood construction found on Yamaha’s high-end DZR Series, the DHR12M offers best-in-class sound quality and durability.
Custom Designed Transducers
The high power output woofers deliver well-defined, powerful bass with minimal distortion, while the 1.75” coaxial compression driver. produces accurate mid-range and high frequencies.
A Rugged, Highly Portable Cabinet
The DHR series feature plywood enclosures like our acclaimed DZR loudspeakers to deliver outstanding durability and acoustic performance.
Ultra-Precise DSP Processing for High-Definition Sound
All full range models feature Yamaha's proprietary FIR-X tuning utilizing linear phase FIR* filters for the crossover network. FIR-X tuning simultaneously optimizes frequency and phase response while adjusting the time alignment between the HF and LF transducers. This creates a very smooth response around the crossover point, providing much better clarity and imaging than what is possible with typical crossovers.
All signals are precisely processed by a high-performance processor for high definition sound quality. All full-range models employ high-precision 24bit discrete A/D and D/A converters with superior S/N ratio and dynamic range.
* Finite impulse response
Intelligent Dynamic Control for Consistent Clarity at Any Output Level
D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that gives you powerful and consistent sound throughout all output levels. By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and calculating the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the maximum sound output maintains outstanding clarity and musicality. With the DHR Series, D-CONTOUR provides a more detailed tuning of your sound with two different settings: FOH/ MAIN mode or MONITOR mode. FOH/MAIN mode boosts low-frequency to compensate for low-end that is typically missing when speakers are used in suspended applications or mounted on a speaker stand. MONITOR mode is completely optimized for monitor application by intelligently taming down the low-frequency, smoothing out a wide range of frequency bands to give you stunning clarity for monitoring your sound. Both of these presets were perfected by performing countless listening tests with skilled sound engineers, giving you a multi-band compressor that performs dynamically, delivering consistent sound with low distortion at any output level.
Extensive DSP Protection Functions for Maximum Output
In a typical system comprising passive loudspeakers, power amps and signal processors, trying to set optimal parameters for each component can be a daunting task. One of the advantages of active loudspeakers is that the combination of transducers and amps can be perfectly optimized. During the development of the DZR, DXR mkII, DHR, DBR and DXS series, we measured and tested the durability of each transducer and the overall amp output through countless indoor and outdoor listening tests. Based on the test results, we were able to set the optimal limiter point for each model using precise DSP control.
In addition to the optimal limiting, our speakers employ many of the same protection functions used in our top-class PC-D Series professional power amplifiers. A microprocessor and high-power DSP monitor the status of the power supply, power amplifiers, transducers and ongoing signals to protect all aspects of each component. As a result, these speakers can perform to their full potential while ensuring reliable operation in even the most severe conditions.
Easy-to-use Onboard 2-Channel Mixer
DHR Series speakers have two input channels. CH1 has a combo jack which accepts both XLR and TRS Phone allowing for either Mic or Line level input signals. CH2 offers two input options; a combo jack that accepts XLR or TRS Phone, and a pair of RCA pin Jacks for input from CD players or other stereo line-level sources.
The onboard mixer allows you to select either CH1+2 MIX to mix the signal of CH1 and CH2, or CH1 THRU to pass the signal from CH1 only.