PreSonus Eris MTM E44
Here we have the PreSonus Eris MTM E44 studio monitors; built to give you the best possible quality audio for an affordable price. This fantastic monitor uses the Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer configuration to give you a wide dispersion and a much bigger 'sweet spot', but unlike other MTM monitors you have the choice of standing it upright or laying it flat thanks to PreSonus' clever arrangement of the drivers. Wherever you are and whatever your genre the Eris MTM E44 can be adjusted to suit your taste and environment thanks to the in-built acoustic tuning controls that make this the studio monitor of choice for anyone who needs audio equipment that works around them.
Ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
The Eris E44 delivers an expanded and highly accurate frequency response and the widest stereo field available in its class. Its nested Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer (MTM, also known as "DAppolito") configuration offers improved off-axis response and spatial resolution. The result is a more consistent listening experience, smoother frequency response, and an ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
Sound waves radiating from the two components in a conventional speaker design can interfere with one another, creating peaks at some frequencies and dips at others, and these will vary depending on where the listener is relative to the speaker. In an MTM/D'Appolito configuration, component interference and the sonic inconsistencies that go with it are minimised. This affords listeners an ultra-wide sweet spot and a more consistent listening experience on- and off-axis.
Transparent and cohesive sound.
The E44 utilizes a pair of 4.5-inch, woven composite, low-frequency drivers. This provides a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound. The weave and nature of the dual woofers also helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener's ear. In conjunction with the MTM/D'Appolito configuration, this helps create a transparent, cohesive sound.
Horizontal or verticalits up to you.
Many MTM configurations must be arrayed vertically, rather than horizontally, because vertical placement provides a clear, interference-free midrange and treble reproduction to either side, expanding the sweet spot. By bringing the midrange drivers closer together and raising the high-frequency driver, the E44 and E66 are able to perform optimally in both orientations. So, like all Eris speakers, the E44 and E66 let you position your speaker the way that works best for you.
Youre in control.
Today's music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. That's why Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive acoustic tuning controls. The three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to further mitigate room anomalies. A Low Cutoff filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor subwoofer into your monitor setup.
Like all PreSonus studio monitors, the Eris E44 offers consistent, accurate listening and extensive user controls. The ultra-wide stereo image afforded by its MTM/D'Appolito design makes it an ideal solution for anyone who requires best-in-class spatial resolution. Hear it at your favourite PreSonus dealer.
Components and construction:
- Dual 4.5-inch, woven composite LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Balanced XLR, balanced 1/4-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to +6 dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB) compensates for room placement
Power and safety:
- 90W/140W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Amplifier "soft start" feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced 1/4" TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.9 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 50W
- HF Amplifier Power: 35W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 103 dB
- LF Driver: Dual 4.5" woven composite
- HF Driver: 1.25" silk dome
- Input Impedance: 10 kohm
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- MF Control: Variable (-6 to +6 dB)
- HF Control: Variable (-6 to +6 dB)
- Low Cut: Flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100-120V ~50/60 Hz
- 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fibreboard
- Width: 14.3" (365 mm)
- Depth: 7" (180 mm)
- Height: 7" (180 mm)
- Weight: 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg)
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.