KRK S8.4 8" Powered Studio Subwoofer
We're excited to bring to you the wonderful KRK S8.4 8" Powered Studio Subwoofer! Constructed in 15mm reinforced MDF enclosure and all steel grille for maximum strength and durability to enjoy years of use. Mix with confidence thanks to the bypass footswitch control (footswitch sold separately) to allow you to quickly mute the sub and send full-range audio to your recording monitors.
The S8.4 powered studio subwoofer builds upon KRK’s legacy for sonic accuracy in a compact form factor. The custom-voiced, glass-aramid woofer delivers tight, defined bass, while the Class-D power amplifier dramatically increases transient response, control and punch. The four-position selectable crossover lets you adjust the subwoofer setting easily to your existing monitors.
Refinements in the latest generation of KRK subwoofers include modestly improved low frequency extension, improved porting for much better low frequency phase response and less port noise, a more durable inverted dustcap, optional removable grilles, redesigned cabinets with lower height profiles and less depth than their predecessors for improved placement flexibility, and a timeless design with a more professional aesthetic.
Pairing the S8.4 subwoofer with KRK or other studio monitors delivers an optimized listening and mixing experience with extended low end, while the exclusive bypass control feature provides full-range audio to your monitors at the click of an (optional) footswitch without having to move out of the monitoring sweet spot to turn off the subwoofer. This allows for instant comparisons with and without the subwoofer’s contributions to the sound. KRK’s S8.4 subwoofer doesn't just deliver precise bass and a rich feature set; they’re the next dimension in subwoofer performance.
KRK S8.4 Features:
- 8" glass aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 30Hz with a max SPL of 112 dB
- Footswitch control enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not included)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful, lightweight Class D amplification
- Optimized four-position crossover control
- Universal connectivity: XLR, 1/4" TRS, and RCA inputs and outputs
- Polarity and input sensitivity controls
- All-steel grill and 15 mm reinforced MDF enclosure provide maximum strength and protection
- Ground lift switch prevents ground loops
KRK S8.4 Specifications:
- Configuration: Front Loaded, Vented Subwoofer
- System Type: Active Subwoofer
- Transducers: 8” Glass Aramid Composite Woofer, 1.5” Voice Coil
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 34.5 Hz - 133 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 29 Hz - 205 Hz
- Max Peak SPL: 113 dB SPL
- Amplifier Power Rating: 109 W (1% THD+N)
- Input Impedance: 9.4k Ohms Balanced / 9.2k Ohms Unbalanced
- Connectors: Input: XLR Left/Right, 1/4” TRS Left/Right, RCA Left/Right, 1/4” Footswitch Output: XLR Left/Right, 1/4” TRS
- Left/Right, RCA Left/Right
- Controls: Volume, Four-Position Crossover LPF/HPF Control, Input Sensitivity
- (Standard and High), Polarity (0 OR 180 Degrees), Standby (ON/OFF),
- Ground Lift, SUB AND HPF Bypass (With Optional Footswitch Only)
- Enclosure Construction: 15 mm Reinforced MDF
- Finish: Black Vinyl Wrap
- Grille: Perforated Steel
- Hardware: EVA Isolation Pad
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13.3" (339mm) X 11.57" (294mm) X 14.25" (362mm)
- Weight: 26.01 lb. (11.8 kg)
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.