Alto TX212S 12" Subwoofer
Here we have the Alto TX212s subwoofer; the next addition to the Alto TX series of PA speakers. This fantastic piece of equipment boasts six output modes that help the sub integrate seamlessly with set-ups comprised of another brand, meaning you don't have to have all-Alto PA speakers in order to take advantage of the TX212S' powerful sound. The Alto TX212S has a sturdy build that can withstand life on the road thanks to its super rugged, internally-braced front-ported MDF cabinet making it ideal for mobile DJs and live performers. This brilliant subwoofer also features a textured, satin black finish that will suit any environment, and thanks to its wallet-friendly price point making it ideal for anyone who wants professional quality sound without breaking the bank.
Professional Design. Elegant Style. Sound Investment
There are times when your sound system needs additional low-frequency output and "punch." For those situations, Alto Professional proudly offer the TX212S powered subwoofer. The TX212S subwoofer extends the bass response of virtually any full-range speaker, relieving that speaker of the difficult task of having to reproduce the low bass frequencies. This creates a system with stunning wide-range response characterised by dramatic, impactful low frequencies and effortless, undistorted mids and highs. The listening audience will hear everything with perfect clarity, from the lowest bass synth tones to the highest percussion bells and everything in between.
The TX212S subwoofer features a band-pass design and a rugged, long-excursion woofer mounted in a solidly-braced ported enclosure, computer-optimised for powerful low-frequency performance. The enclosure is made from Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF). This strong, resonant-free material has virtually perfect acoustic characteristics, which ensures that the TX212S subwoofer's output is always clear and impactful. Cheaper enclosure with flex-prone walls actually rob the speaker of acoustic impact by dissipating the driver's energy as cabinet vibration. A sturdy, braced MDF enclosure doesn't waste the driver's motion as cabinet resonance.
Strong, clear output is only half the battle. In order for a subwoofer to be part of an ideal speaker system, it must blend seamlessly with the companion speaker. This is where the Alto Professional TX212S subwoofer truly excels like none other in its size category. The TX212S subwoofer features a choice of six selectable DSP output modes so the subwoofers frequency response and crossover frequency are perfectly-matched to the speaker that it is being used with. Four of these six output options match the subwoofer perfectly with Alto Professional's TX2 full-range speakers, while the other two output options give you Hi-Pass or Bypass mode. All information subject to change altoproaudio.com
Superior Sound You Can Count On
The TX212S features on-board 900-watt amplifier (450 watts continuous) with proprietary limiting circuitry that provides electronic clip, thermal and transducer overload protection, ensuring that the system always sounds clean and clear, no matter how hard it's pushed.
DSP Output Mode
For precise signal adjustment, TX212S employs Digital Signal Processing (DSP). This feature gives you a cleaner, more accurate sound. The DSP controls EQ, distortion detection/limiting, crossover frequency and signal delay with virtual perfection and without the production variability inherent in analogue filtering. Simply stated, DSP takes an analogue signal, converts it to digital and then performs all the desired modifications and adjustments in the digital realm, where it's totally free from the inaccuracies and susceptibility to added noise that plague analogue signal processing. DSP is a major reason why Alto Professional subwoofers are so clean, dynamic and versatile. The DSP Output Mode switch on the rear panel of TX212S toggles between six settings that adjust delay, crossover frequency and the level of the XLR outputs. This feature optimises your speaker system performance while also simplifying your full-range speaker + subwoofer setup. If you have an Alto Professional TX2 loudspeaker, using the correct setting will allow your loudspeaker and TX212S to be time aligned, crossed over at the ideal frequency and level-matched. Press the DSP Output Mode switch to select between the following settings:
- TX208: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX208 full-range speaker.
- TX210: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX210 full-range speaker.
- TX212: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX212 full-range speaker.
- TX215: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX215 full-range speaker.
- High Pass: Employs a 100Hz crossover frequency with no delay or level adjustments. This setting works quite well with a wide variety of non-Alto Professional speakers.
- Bypass: Bypasses the DSP functions (there will be no crossover, delay or level adjustments). This setting is ideal for daisy chaining subwoofers. Once you have selected a setting, the corresponding LED will be lit.
For the TX208, TX210, TX212 and TX215 options, the system is level-matched when the Volume control for your TX212S and TX2 full-range speaker are set to 0dB (12 o'clock). This simplifies your setup and elevates the overall system performance. If you do not have Alto Professional TX2 full-range speakers, you can still use the first four DSP settings for your existing speakers. Cycle through the six options to find the best sound and then make any level adjustments that are needed.
- 900 watts of peak power output
- High-efficiency Class D amplifier
- Transducer: 12-inch with 2-inch high-temperature voice coil
- (2) XLR+1/4-inch combo inputs + (2) balanced XLR line outputs
- XLR outputs, with six discreet DSP output modes for ideal matching with companion full-range speaker
- Polarity Reverse switch and Extended LF switch for increased EQ control
- Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Rugged, internally-braced front-ported MDF cabinet with integrated 36mm pole socket
- Rugged, mar-resistant splatter-spray finish always looks good, even with heavy use
- Designed and tuned in the USA
- Output Power: 900W peak, 450W continuous
- Transducer Low: 12 (305mm) woofer
- Frequency Response: 46Hz 115Hz (- 3dB)
- Frequency Range: 40Hz 130Hz (-10dB)
- Maximum SPL: 126dB (@ 1m)
- Connections: (2) XLR+1/4 (6.35mm) inputs; (2) XLR outputs; (1) IEC power cable input
- External Controls:
- Volume control
- Signal/clip limiter with LED
- DSP output mode switch with LED
- Polarity-reverse switch with LED
- Extended low-frequency switch with LED
- Power switch with LED
- Electronic Protections: Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Enclosure: Internally braced MDF cabinet; 36mm mounting pole socket on top panel
- Connection: Standard IEC cable
- Input Voltage: 110120, 220240 VAC; 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 500W
- Fuse: T6.3AL AC250V (110120 V) or T3.15AL AC250V (220240 V)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 421 x 403 x 518mm (16.6 x 15.9 x 20.4")
- Weight: 44.32 lbs. / 20.1kg
Recently bought 2 new subs, opted for the alto tx212s, as Ive only had them a few weeks I cant really say how well they will do in the long run but what i can say is, really well priced, solid build quality and looks good, plenty of thump as you'd expect and plenty power for most applications overall its a yes from me ??