Adam A8X Active Studio Monitor
A8X is a brand new active, professional studio monitor from industry experts Adam Audio. Designed to be suitable for both nearfield and midfield monitoring the Adam A8X is destined to an instant hit with musicians and producers alike.
All AX-Series monitors come equipped with an X-Art tweeter to handle the high-end frequencies. This is testament to Adam Audios' dedication to only using the highest quality components in their products and helps ensure crystal clear sound reproduction at the top end of the frequency range. X-Art stands for "eXtended frequency response" and isn't just a fancy name, the technical data on these tweeters speaks for itself and is backed up in listening tests time and time again.
Adam A8X incorporates a newly-designed 8.5" midwoofer with an extra-large voice coil. The diaphragm is made from Carbon fiber/Rohacell/Glass fiber which, with minimum weight and maximum rigidity, prevents break up resonances resulting in an outstanding dynamic behaviour and impeccable sound characteristics. This driver combined with the Adam proprietary tweeter ensures both a very deep, very tight bass response with unsurpassed sound reproduction.
Adam Audio know that high-quality drivers are nothing without suitable amplification and, with this in mind, the A8X features two independant built-in amplifiers. The X-ART tweeter is powered by a 50W A/B amplifier and a 150W PWM amplifier provides all the power required for the midwoofer, the A8X has power in abundance and is the brawny monitor of the AX-Series.
AX8, like the other AX-Series models, the upper corners of the A8X are slanted to minimize reflections. The very large, double bass reflex tubes on the front have been specifically designed to perfectly match the midwoofer with its large voice coil. On the rear panel are several controls: a gain for the high frequencies (± 4dB) and two shelf filters for the high and low frequencies. There are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors on the rear panel of the speaker, which allow the A8X to be used in almost any application.
Professional Audio magazine said about the A8X : "The A8X is a powerful link between ADAM“s AX Series and the formidable and more expensive SX Series. Its all-in-all homogenous tuning, the deep and precise bass as well as the brilliant mid- and high-frequency reproduction make this speaker a huge recommendation for ambitious people without deep pockets." (Professional Audio 10/2010)
- Quantity : 1
- Basket Ų : 8.5" (220 mm)
- Voice coil Ų : 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material : Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Quantity : 1
- Type : X-ART
- Diaphragm area : 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm Ų : 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio : 4:1
- Diaphragm weight : 0.17 g
- Mid-Woofer : 1
- Type : PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music : 150 W / 225 W
- Tweeter : 1
- Type : A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music : 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity : - to +14 dB
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz : ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ < 300 Hz : ±6 dB
- Tweeter gain : ±4 dB
- Input connectors : Analog XLR / RCA
- Frequency response : 38 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz : 0.5 %
- Long term output : 112 dB
- Max. peak : 120 dB
- Crossover frequencies : 2300 Hz
- Input impedance : 30 KOhmWeight : 28.7 lb (13 kg)
- Magnetically shielded : No
- Height x Width x Depth : 15.5" (400 mm) x 10" (255 mm) x 12.5" (320 mm)
- Includes : Power cord, Manual
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.