Adam Audio A7X Active Studio Monitor
Adam Audio A7X Studio Monitors builds on the phenomenal success of the industry-standard A7 active studio monitors as used in top studio applications all over the world. The A7 are still found in many studios today and consistently received amazing reviews. The Adam A7X monitors, despite being its' successor is much more than simply a 'facelifted' model, it is being billed as the "Evolution of a legend". A quick listen to the A7X and you will almost certainly agree that this, rather bold, claim is more than simply marketing speak.
A7X, along with the whole AX range features an X-Art tweeter to handle the high-end frequencies. This is testament to Adam Audios' dedication to only using the highest quality components in their products and helps ensure crystal clear sound reproduction at the top end of the frequency range. X-Art stands for "eXtended frequency response" and isn't just a fancy name, the technical data on these tweeters speaks for itself and is backed up in listening tests time and time again.
Adam A7X incorperates a newly-designed 7" midwoofer with a much larger voice coil. The diaphragm is made from Carbon fiber/Rohacell/Glass fiber which, with minimum weight and maximum rigidity, prevents break up resonances resulting in an outstanding dynamic behaviour and impeccable sound characteristics.
Adam Audio know that high quality drivers are nothing without high quality amplification which is why the A7X has two built-in independent amplifiers built only from components that meet Adams' exacting standards. The midwoofer in the A7-X is powered by a 100w PWM amp twice as powerful as the one in it's predecessor and, combined with a new driver, provides almost distortion-free sound reproduction. Meanwhile, the X-ART tweeter in the A7X is catered for by its' own 50W A/B amplifier.
Adam A7X have dual bass-ports on the front of the cabinet which allow for a more 'unrestricted' bass response. The front panel also features a power switch and volume control which retains the volume setting independently of the power. On the rear panel are several additional controls: a gain for the high frequencies (± 4dB) and two shelf filters for high and low frequencies. To ensure greater compatibility, there are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors.
- Quantity : 1
- Basket Ø : 7" (175 mm)
- Voice coil Ø : 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material : Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Quantity : 1
- Type : X-ART
- Diaphragm area : 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm Ø : 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio : 4:1
- Diaphragm weight : 0.17 g
- Mid-Woofer : 1
- Type : PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music : 100 W / 150 W
- Tweeter : 1
- Type : A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music : 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity : -∞ to +14 dB
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz : ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ < 300 Hz : ±6 dB
- Tweeter gain : ±4 dB
Adam A7X General data
- Input connectors : Analog XLR / RCA
- Frequency response : 42 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz : ≤0.5 %
- Long term output : ≥106 dB
- Max. peak : ≥114 dB
- Crossover frequencies : 2500 Hz
- Input impedance : 30 KOhm
- Adam Audio A7x Weight : 20.3 lb (9,2 kg)
- Magnetically shielded : No
- Adam Audio A7x Dimensions Height x Width x Depth : 13.5" (337 mm) x 8" (201 mm) x 11" (280 mm)
- Includes : Power cord, Manual
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.