Korg Microkorg XL Plus Sythesiser Vocoder +
Vintage...and much more!
MICRO MAKEOVERS! The all-new MicroKorg XL + is also getting all decked out in limited edition colors for the 10th Anniversary of Micro. Get your hands on an eye-catching black/red or all-black model before they're all gone. Available through select retailers late November.
With its unmistakably unique exterior and its inimitable sound, the MicroKorg set the standard for analog modeling synthesizers. The year 2008 saw the introduction of the MicroKorg XL, which inherited the MicroKorg 's fat and powerful sounds, while adding keyboard staples such as electric piano and CX-3 organ. And now, in the next evolutionary step, the MicroKorg XL+ delivers a fresh update to the sounds and look of the MicroKorg XL, making it an ideal compact keyboard.
- Even more vintage sounds, including the KORG SGproX piano, M1 and VOX organs and well-known "Tape" instruments
- 128 onboard sounds, plus 640 additional sounds included with the Editor/Librarian for Mac and PC!
- New yet nostalgic - black panel "new vintage" design
- Featuring MMT - the distillation of Korg's analog modeling technology
- Vocoder with included gooseneck microphone
- A powerful Kaoss effects engine - the kind of effects that you would expect from Korg
- Korg's proprietary Natural Touch mini-keyboard, designed with an emphasis on playability
- Battery powered operation is supported for increased portability
More Vintage Sounds than Ever
Lush analog modeled synthesizer sounds that are characteristic of the MicroKorg have been freshly added to the MicroKorg XL+. In addition, for band use, the MicroKorg XL+ comes equipped with the piano sound from Korg's classic stage piano, the SGproX (famous for its ability to stand out in your band's mix), as well as its hard-edged grand-type electric piano. This compact package also includes sounds from the M1 and the VOX organ, vintage tape-type string and flute machines, as well as other gorgeous sounds from keyboard history. Of course, these sounds can be played full-range like the originals that inspired them, either by using the onboard octave switch, or by connecting your choice of any MIDI-capable full-sized keyboard of choice. Each of these 128 programs are genuinely inspiring sounds, giving the MicroKorg XL+ plenty of variety to serve as your main keyboard or as a secondary keyboard in your rig. In addition, Korg has provided a total of 640 free sounds, downloadable through the free Editor software!
Program genre selector
The MicroKorg XL featured a sound selector that lets you choose your sound using two large dials: "music genre" and "instrument category." The new MicroKorg XL+ has been updated with a new set "music genres" to fit today's evolving music scene. Now you can select a program that matches your song more intuitively than ever. For even more convenience, you can also leave one of the dials fixed and use the other dial to make program changes during a song (music genre fixed), or use the dial to select vocoder variations (instrument category fixed).
New Yet Nostalgic - "New Vintage" Design
The MicroKorg XL+ projects a style that's reminiscent of vintage electric pianos, featuring a futuristic and simultaneously retro design with a stylish black panel and knobs. High-quality parts such as metal levers, dials that move with an audible click, and knobs with a sturdy operating feel are some of the ways that the MicroKorg XL+ outclasses other instruments in its range and enhances your experience editing synthesizer sounds.
Tone Generator System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
< Program >
Multi Timbral: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
Voice polyphony: Maximum 8 voices (when using Vocoder, it is 4 voices)
- [Synth] 2 oscillators + noise generator
- Oscillator 1:
- Waveform: 8 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sine, Formant, Noise, DWGS, Audio In),
- Modulation: Waveform, Cross, Unison, VPM
- Oscillator 2:
- Waveform: 4 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sine)
- Modulation: Ring, Sync, Ring+Sync
- Type: Drive, Decimator, HardClip, OctSaw, MultiTri, MultiSin, SubOSCSaw, SubOSCSqu, SubOSCTri, SubOSCSin, LevelBoost,
- Multimode Filters:
- Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct BPF ~ -12 dB/oct HPF ~ Thru,
- Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF (swichable)
- 16 channel vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each channel, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
Keyboard: 37 notes (Natural Touch mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
Controller: Pitch bend wheel, Modulation Wheel
Effects: Timbre: 2 band EQ, Master effect: 2 units, 17effect algorisms.
Arpeggiator: Six types: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger, Individual step on/off function
Programs: 128 programs (A/B banks x 8 genres x 8 category)
- [AUDIO INPUT 1] (1/4" phone jack, unbalanced, with MIC/LINE switch) - Rear Panel
- [AUDIO INPUT 1 (MIC)] (XLR jack / balanced) - Front Panel
- [L/MONO, R] (1/4" Standard phone jacks / unbalanced)
- [Phone] (1/4" Stereo Standard phone jacks)
MIDI: IN, OUT
USB: Type B
Display: Custom LCD
Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
Battery Life: Approx. four hours (with alkaline batteries)
Weight: 2.0 kg/4.41 lbs. (without batteries and included microphone)
A computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 and is equipped with a USB port
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Windows Vista SP2 (32bit, 64bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32bit, 64bit)
An Apple Macintosh computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Mac OS X and is equipped with a USB port and an Intel or Power PC processor
Mac OS X version 10.5 or later ("Intel" Only)
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.