Korg KP3+ Kaoss Pad Plus
Korg KP3+ is an updated version of the popular Kaoss Pad KP3 Dynamic Effects/Sampler. The KP3+ realtime effects unit/sampler with the latest effects and sampling functionality is perfect for live performers and music producers looking to add additional creativity to their performances.
Korg's Kaoss Pad series of effects units is famed for its intuitive touch-pad interface. The flagship model KP3 that originally appeared in 2006 continues to be highly acclaimed by musicians and DJs around the world for its powerful, instantaneous effect programs and its wealth of sampling functionality. The sounds that drive the dance music scene have evolved significantly over these past seven years, and effects - and how they're used - along with them.
The effects combinations which have become a staple in numerous genres and applications thanks to the KP3 have been taken to a new and cutting-edge level with the new KP3+. The KP3+ is a real-time effects unit that will generate the sounds of 2013 and beyond.
Use the touchpad to control effects in real time
A total of 150 effects ideal for DJ mixing and sound design; 42 new types including:
- Vinyl Break simulates a turntable
- Ducking Compressor emphasizes the backbeats
- Newly-designed looper lets you freely manipulate loops
- Effects you can use for breaks in your DJ play
High-spec sampling functionality
Numerous functions to make your performance even more expressive
- FX Release function controls the reverberation to produce a more natural decay
- Mute function cuts the input signal and outputs only the effect sound
- Pad Motion function records and reproduces your effect usage
Practical functions that are easy to use during live performance or production
- Eight program memories let you switch effects instantly
- Hold function sustains the effect sound
- Set the tempo with auto BPM, tap tempo, or the BPM knob
- Pad LEDs ensure high visibility even in the dark
Highly expandable for even greater potential
- USB MIDI allows for use as a powerful MIDI controller
- Store sample data on an SD/SDHC card
- Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings
- Number of effect programs: 150
- Effect Categories: Filter, Modulation, LFO, Delay, Reverb, Grain Shifter, Looper, Sampler, CrossFade, Drum, Synth, Vocoder
- Main controllers: Touch pad, LEVEL slider
- Audio Input: Line Input (Stereo RCA pin jack) / Mic Input (Mono unbalanced 6.3 mm phone Jack)
- Audio Output: Line Output (Stereo RCA pin jack) / Headphone (6.3 mm Stereo phone jack)
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- AD/DA: 24 bit / Linear
- Sampling time: Each of the four sample banks can record a sample up to 13 seconds
- External storage device: SD Card (16MB - 2GB), SDHC Card (- 32GB)
- MIDI: In / Out
- USB: Type B
- Power supply: DC9V
- Display: 4-digit LED display
- Dimensions: 210 (W) x 226 (D) x 49 (H*) mm / 8.27" x 8.90" x 1.93"
- Weight: 1.3 kg / 2.87 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter, protective sheet for touch pad