Akai MPC One Special Retro Edition
Akai MPC One Retro Features:
- Classic limited edition colourway
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- Powerful Multicore System from the MPC Live and MPC X
- 16 velocity-sensitive RGB Pads
- 7-inch high-resolution multi-touch display
- 2GB RAM, 4GB of on-board storage
- Mac & PC Controller for MPC Software (Included)
- Stereo Line-Level Inputs
- MIDI In and MIDI Out
- 4 TRS CV/Gate Jacks, 8 Outputs Total
- (1) USB-A 3.0 Slot for thumb drive or MIDI Controller
- SD card slot
- Includes 3-Months Free Access to Splice*
- Now includes 8 all-new synth engines powering 9 incredible DrumSynth plugins
- AIR Vocal Insert Effects Suite for recording and mixing the perfect vocals on standalone MPC or MPC desktop software.
- 8 synth engines for MPC standalone and MPC desktop software including Hype, Mellotron, Solina, WayOutWare Odyssey, DrumSynth, Bassline, Electric, and TubeSynth.
- 7 new AIR Insert Effects Plugins that push the boundaries of music production—such as Half Speed, Stutter and AIR Limiter.
- MIDI Multi Capability and Support for Class Compliant USB audio interfaces (up to 32 simultaneous inputs and outputs).
*Offer available to new Splice customers only
Akai MPC One Retro Specifications:
(16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
(8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
(4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
(4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link button
(1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- Buttons: (31) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 7.0” / 177mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 151 x 94mm (width x height)
- Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor: Quad-core ARM® processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 2GB user storage, 2GB pre-installed content
(2) 1?4” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
(2) 1?4” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (1 stereo pair)
(1) 1?8” (3.5mm) stereo headphone output
(1) 5-pin MIDI inputs
(1) 5-pin MIDI outputs
(4) CV/Gate outputs
(1) USB Type-A port
(1) USB Type-B port
(1) SD card slot
(1) power adapter input
- Power: via power adapter: 19V, 3.42A, centre-positive, included
- Dimensions (length x width x height): 10.7” x 10.7” x 2.1” / 272 x 272 x 53mm
- Weight: 4.7 lbs. / 2.1kg
*Standard 1-year warranty included
Go retro with your studio setup with the wonderful Akai MPC One Retro! Composing of the same powerful Multicore System from the MPC Live and MPC X, this standalone music production centre packs a punch meeting the demands of todays modern music producer for truly creative experience and efficient workflow, embodied in a cool retro colourway design.
Looking for that classic, retro vibe, but demand all the power of a modern MPC? Look no further than the new Limited Edition MPC One Retro. Combining the full multi-core powered modern MPC workflow with the throwback colour layout of the iconic MPC 60, MPC 3000 and MPC 2000. Experience the legendary look while enjoying the powerful, standalone workflow you’ve come to count on for next-generation beat making and music production.
Step Up to Standalone
Experience the same standalone performance power of the legendary MPC in a smaller footprint.
From rich melodics and hard-hitting drums to the most infectious grooves, if you expect to get real professional production results you need next-generation tools that act as a natural extension of your creativity. Enter the MPC One Retro, a Music Production Centre engineered to enrich your workflow and create the ultimate standalone production experience. Spend less time hitting roadblocks and take command of your production with our latest addition to the MPC family.
Full MPC Experience
Don’t let the size fool you. The MPC One Retro packs a lot of features and workflow tools into ONE powerful punch, like beat programming, editing, mixing FX and instruments and so much more. This is truly an uncompromised creative experience.
The heart and soul of the MPC One Retro is the same multi-core processor as the MPC X, skillfully combined into a compact standalone desktop unit that easily handles the most demanding tasks. MPC One Retro delivers a truly empowering hands-on experience, ready for any music production task. Edit and chop samples with hand gestures on the bright 7-inch touch screen colour display. Express your ideas effortlessly and directly with the dedicated knobs and touch keys that eliminate cumbersome drop-down menus.
Everything you expect from a Standalone MPC is here, without compromise.
With the MPC One Retro, all MPC functionality you expect is here, perfectly positioned with two goals clearly in mind– ease of use and no-nonsense workflow enhancement. Four touch sensitive controls and a large data encoder seamlessly map to critical parameters. Sixteen velocity- and pressure-sensitive RBG pads deliver perfect response for full expressive range. MPC mainstays including Note Repeat, Full Level, 16 Levels and dedicated Transport Controls complete the MPC One Retro’s arsenal of control options, providing complete production capability.
MPC One Retro integrates into your creative space with all the connectivity you demand.
The MPC One Retro is ready to work with your current studio environment and will grow with you as your needs expand.
Connect your USB controller or line-level 1?4-inch instruments. Control your MIDI devices and your CV/ Gate modules & racks. And there’s no need to worry about interconnectivity, since MPC One Retro is ready to work right alongside professional music production gear.
MPC Software 2
Discover your creative workspace with our ground-breaking MPC Software.
Akai Professional’s reimagined MPC 2 Software drives MPC One Retro in both standalone and controller modes. This
is a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more. Whether you’re seeking freedom from computer- based music production or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC 2 Software delivers the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
The future of on-demand content is here, all accessible in MPC One Retro’s standalone environment.
Simplify your sample browsing and auditioning with on-board Splice integration in MPC One Retro. Splice Sounds fuels
the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops, covering every musical style. With Splice natively embedded in MPC One Retro, you will experience immediate network access to your own Splice library directly from the touch user interface.
Storage & Connectivity
Take the hassle out of importing our own samples with MPC One Retro’s content driven connectivity and on-board storage.
As standard, MPC One Retro ships with 4GB of internal Micro SD storage. Looking to add your own sounds? MPC One Retro features a built-in SD Card slot and USB thumb input for immediate access to your own sample libraries.
Packed with Content
From critically-acclaimed synth engines and mixing tools to in-demand sample and loop content, everything you need for immediate creativity is here.
MPC One Retro comes with its own new drum sample & loop library that continues the MPC tradition of hard-hitting, industry-renowned drum sounds from leading sound designers including RawCutz, Sample Tools by CR2, F9, Decap MSX Sound Design and MVP Loops. MPC One Retro also features our signature synth engines, Electric, Tubesynth and Bassline, as well as our premium AIR FX for mixing & mastering. With MPC One Retro, you have everything you need to produce hard-hitting, unforgettable music — music that is uniquely yours.
What’s new in 2.8?
New to Akai Professional’s next generation standalone, multi-core powered MPC Series is MIDI Multi capability, transforming MPC into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centrepiece. Now you can simultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in your studio including class compliant USB Keyboards, MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging your I/O capability. Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesiser, drum machine or sound module, and even multitrack recording capability, and MPC forms the beating heart of any production setup, unleashing the true power of all your gear.
Other notable enhancements in MPC 2.8 include:
- Timing Correct (TC) has now been tweaked to have a dedicated On/Off setting that is separate to the TC division parameter
- From the standalone MPC firmware you can now create a custom note mapping for any program type
MPC’s iconic drum sound can’t be disputed, gracing countless productions with the nefarious snap and punch coveted by countless world-class producers. Now with MPC 2.9, MPC arms the production community with a groundbreaking selection of 8 synth engines powering 9 incredible DrumSynth plugins. Packed with must-have contemporary sounds, and backed by powerful sound generators driven by all-new FM synthesis, analogue & physical modelling and sample based algorithms, every synthesised drum sound the modern producer should have at their disposal is here. DrumSynth empowers MPC users with powerful synthesis, incredible presets and precise sound design sculpting capabilities to develop their own unique sounds.
Like all MPC instruments, DrumSynth plugins harness the refined tactile touch user interface for an inspiring, easy-to-use workspace that accelerates workflow and puts the control you demand only a touch away!
The 8 engines include Kick, Snare, Clap, Hi-Hat, Crash, Ride, Tom and Percussion. Additionally, all the engines can be accessed in one multi mode instrument for a powerful combination program. Fuse this with built in sound effects including a transient shaper, tuning, EQ, compression, delay, reverb and more, and DrumSynth is poised to supercharge the MPC workflow and elevate your creative process even higher.
What’s New in 2.10?
Prepare for MPC’s biggest update ever, cementing MPC as the most powerful, feature-rich standalone production platform on the market. Fusing Class Compliant USB Audio Interface Support, 4 new synth engines and a first-ever vocal insert effects suite, MPC 2.10 heralds the next evolution of the standalone music making experience and is available as a free update to the MPC community.
Standalone Vocal Plugin Power
MPC 2.10’s AIR Vocal Suite empowers the MPC user with a custom series of plugins to capture, produce and mix perfect vocal takes. From the AIR Vocal Tuner that delivers powerful pitch correction tools and the popular automatic vocal effect, to the AIR Vocal Harmonizer (a four-part vocal harmonizer) and the AIR Vocal Doubler (for a rich, layered sound or wide stereo spread), everything the modern producer needs to get the best out of their vocal takes is here.
4 New Standalone Synth Engines
Seeking new sonic inspiration? MPC’s new synth engines guarantee to deliver the goods, all effortlessly controlled and manipulated via MPC’s super-intuitive touch screen interface.
- AIR Hype
- Cover everything from hard-hitting plucks to sultry melodic leads with this preset and macro-based synth combining multiple synth engines (wavetable, FM, virtual analogue, multi-sample) and a giant preset library into a single easy-to-use package.
- AIR Solina
- A software recreation of a classic string machine, complete with an LFO for vibrato effects, plus a suite of built-in FX and processors to sculpt the perfect string sound.
- AIR Mellotron
- A software recreation of the iconic tape keyboard outfitted with 6 tape sets and built-in FX for immediate access to a range of treatments for shaping your sound.
- WayOutWare Odyssey
- A faithful reproduction of the analogue classic. The Odyssey captures the character and nuance of the original using WayOutWare’s experience and expertise in circuit modelling and signal processing.
Standalone Class-Compliant USB Audio Interface Support
Whatever the scale of your next project, MPC 2.10 now supports any Class Compliant USB audio interface. From recording a multi-mic drum setup, to routing your tracks through an analogue mixer, MPC gives you all the signal management options you need with up to 32 simultaneous inputs and outputs at your fingertips.
Other Highlights Include
- 7 all-new insert effect plugins including Limiter, Stutter, Half-Speed, Diode Clipper, Diffuser Delay, Granulator and Sample Delay.
- New Quick-access drum pad effects available in the program edit window including RingMod, Bitcrush, Decimator, Tubedrive, Soft Clipper, Hard Clipper, Lowpass, Highpass, Rectifier, Wavefolder, BassEnhancers and Gain.
- New Sample Key Detection - After loading a new audio file, MPC will now automatically identify the key of a sample.
- MPC Drum and Keygroup Program improvements adding more functionality, features and upgrades to the MPC