Native Instruments Maschine MK3
Maschine MK3 Features:
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 12 SELECT library
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96 kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼" TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼" TRS line inputs, ¼" dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP 1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in with full multi-core support
Maschine MK3 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 321 x 301 x 41mm / 12.63" x 11.85" x 1.61"
- Weight: 2.2kg / 4.85 lbs
- Mac OS X 10.11 or macOS 10.12 (latest update)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit)
- Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- USB 2.0 or higher
The Native Instruments Maschine MK3 is the latest addition to the Maschine series, following on from the Maschine MK2 but now with two larger high-resolution RGB colour displays. The Maschine MK3 is a computer-based music production controller that includes a sampler, arranger, mixer, FX and more. It's compatible with all major DAWs including Ableton Live, Logic Pro and FL Studio. This portable performance instrument is great for creating music on-the-go or in the studio.
The next generation music production and performance instrument with a fast, intuitive, and fun way to create and perform tracks and beats on a computer-based setup.
MASCHINE Software includes everything you need to create and perform songs - including an 8 GB library of high-quality sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects, and sliced loops right out of the box, plus Drum Synths: 5 fully tweakable, automatable drum plug-ins built exclusively for MASCHINE.
The package also includes KOMPLETE 12 SELECT - 11 premium instruments and effects:
- MASSIVE - virtual analog synthesizer
- MONARK - iconic mono synth
- THE GENTLEMAN - classic upright piano
- DRUMLAB - sampled / synthesized percussion
- REAKTOR PRISM - polyphonic synthesizer
- SCARBEE MARK 1 - electric piano
- RETRO MACHINES - 20+ legendary vintage synths
- VINTAGE ORGANS - sampled classic organs
- WEST AFRICA - percussion library
- SOLID BUS COMP - powerful compressor
- REPLIKA - pro-quality delay
I bought the Maschine Mk3 to upgrade from the MikroMk3. I was struggling to get my workflow right and find the full Mk3 to be the sweet spot when using Maschine as a DAW. I think its the 'right' Machine hardware, while the Mikro is missing stuff. I'm glad I bought the Mikro first though, cos now I'm certain I want to spend more time on it making the extra cost worthwhile. I'm still learning during lockdown, but I'm lots of enjoyment from this.