Akai Professional MPK249
- 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 RGB-illuminated MPC pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads
- 24 assignable Q-Link controllers include knobs, faders, and switches (8 of each)
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack and 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, and Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Number of Keys: 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders, and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 29" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 12.6 lbs
Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
Reason Lite Features:
- Plug-and-play support for AKAI MIDI controllers
- Studio grade recording and mixing tools to polish your creations to perfection
- 9 premium instruments: Synths, samplers, drum machines
- 11 effect processors: reverb, delay, EQ, distortion and much more
- Guitar and bass amplifiers from Softube
- 2+GB of included sounds, loops and samples
- Extend your sound with VST and Rack Extension plugins
- Plays virtually every VST-compatible plugin and effects unit
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument and effects player or as a plugin within any AU, VST or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes user's plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type, timbre and more
- Includes an Effects Browser allowing users to browse effects by type and audition across multiple plugins with a single click
- Access, edit and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time in a Multi
- Expanded Multi mixer includes insert effects, send effects, bus tracks and a master output channel strip for total routing control
- Effects Stacks combine multiple effects into re-usable patches, accessible in the patch list for easy selection and auditioning
- NEW | VIPMS - The VIP Native Plugin Map Standard allows 3rd party virtual instrument and effect developers to produce their own plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration and opening their plugins to the superior workflow offered by VIP
- NEW | MIDI Learn functionality seamlessly maps the controls of any VIP-compatible keyboard (knobs, encoders, faders, buttons) to VIP's parameters with a ever-growing library of MIDI controller mappings for Akai and M-Audio controller keyboards included
- NEW | Pad Chord Progressions - play factory or user defined chord progressions using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads
- NEW | Key Control modes: play scales, harmonized chords or chord progressions from a VIP keyboard or MIDI keyboard.
You're In Control
Engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK249 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. Each member of Akai Pro's MPK series comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more. MPK249 features 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, faders, and switches, 16 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders, and switches (up to 24 each), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 64 total). Plus, MPK249 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
Made To Play
MPK249 comes equipped with 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range; play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and much more.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels are all onboard for further inspiration. With MPK249, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years: MPC Swing lets MPK249 users obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pro's groundbreaking MPC music-making machines so legendary. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPC-style pads. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
MPK249 is armed with powerful production software-Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials-for out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK249 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high-definition virtual synthesizers bring the best of synthesis technology to MPK249 users. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a versatile virtual synthesizer that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, these powerful instruments give MPK249 users professional music-creation tools that can jumpstart any project.
With VIP3.0, users can drastically enhance the creative capability of any standard MIDI over USB controller thanks to all-new MIDI Learn functionality. Now artists can seamlessly custom map the controls of their MIDI controller (knobs, encoders, faders, buttons) to VIP's parameters, for effortless integration and the enhanced workflow, attributes that owners of the award-winning Akai Professional Advance Series, M-Audio's CTRL49 and the Alesis VX49 have long enjoyed. VIP 3.0 is now available for the first time ever as a no-charge complimentary upgrade to owners of the Akai MPK2 & MPK Mini Series, M-Audio Code & Oxygen MKIV Series and M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32.
Combining plug-and-play support for Akai Professional MIDI controllers, a comprehensive selection of studio grade production and mixing tools, 9 premium instruments, 11 effect processors, Softube powered guitar & bass amplifiers, an immense genre-spanning 2+GB sample library and expansion options via VST and Rack Extension Plugins, Reason Lite provides the ultimate platform for immersive production, hard-wired for immediate creative exploration with Akai Professional's industry-standard controller line-up.