Roland TR-6S Rhythm Performer
Roland TR-6S Features:
- Six-track version of the TR-8S in a compact and affordable package
- Detailed circuit models of the Roland TR-808, TR-909, TR-606, TR-707, and more
- Large preset sample library with support for custom user samples
- FM sound engine for futuristic tones
- Mix and match sounds for exotic hybrid drum kits
- Advanced sequencer with sub-steps, flam, step-loop, motion recording, and more
- Runs on four AA batteries or USB bus power
- Also functions as a high-quality USB audio/MIDI interface
Roland TR-6S Specifications:
- User Drum Kit: 128
- User Patterns: 128
- Step Sequencer:
- 6 instrument parts
- 16 steps per 1 variation
- 8 (A - H) variations per 1 pattern
- 2 Fill-in patterns per 1 pattern
- INST tone: (Tone can be assigned to each 6 instrument parts freely.)
BASS DRUM: 11 ACB tones
SNARE DRUM: 8 ACB tones
TOM: 19 ACB tones
RIM SHOT: 3 ACB tones
HAND CLAP: 5 ACB tones
HI HAT: 8 ACB tones
CYMBAL: 8 ACB tones
PERCUSSION: 24 ACB tones
FM: 66 tones
PRESET SAMPLE: 300 tones or greater
USER SAMPLE (imported form SD CARD for playback): Avarable format: WAV, AIFF
Total time for all samples: Approximately 600 sec (at 44.1 kHz, mono)
* The maximum length of a single audio file that can be imported is approximately 180 seconds (at 44.1 kHz).
* Available format of Sample:
WAV 96 kHz maximum/8bits, 16 bits, 24 bits, 32 bits, 32 bits float (mono, stereo)
AIFF 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96 kHz/8bits, 16 bits, 24 bits, 32 bits, 32 bits float (mono, stereo)
INST FX: THRU, HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR,
TRANSIENT, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, COMP+DRV, CRUSHER, SATURATOR, FREQ SHIFT, RING MOD, SPREAD
REVERB: AMBI, ROOM, HALL1, HALL2, PLATE, MOD
DELAY: DLY, PAN, TAPE ECHO
MASTER FX: HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR,
TRANSIENT, TRANSIENT2, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, OVERDRIVE, DISTORTION, FUZZ,
CRUSHER, PHASER, FLANGER, SBF, NOISE
Other: SCATTER (as one of AUTO FILL IN function), SIDE CHAIN
- Display: 16 characters, 2 line (backlit LCD)
- External Storage: SD Card (SDHC supported) for backup/restore function and import sample data
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- OUT(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI(IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply:
- Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw: 500 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 4.5 hours
- Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5.5 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Leaflet "Read Me First"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Dimensions: 224(W) x 132(D) x 60.1(H) mm / 8-13/16(W) x 5-3/16(D) x 2-3/8(H) inches
- Weight (including batteries): 705 g / 1 lb 9 oz
Standard 1-year warranty included
Express your self with the Roland TR-6S Rhythm Performer. This drum machine is a compact version of the much loved TR-8S, now you can create anytime and anywhere, simply power up with batteries or USB and you're off. The TR-6S is full of great features with sounds inspired by its predecessors but you now have the ability to mix and match these sounds to create hybrid drum kits that reflect your individuality and creativity.
Small Size. Big Beats.
Roland TR drum machines have impacted music for over 40 years—and they're as influential now as ever. Based on the much-loved TR-8S, the compact and affordable TR-6S has the same speaker-pummeling, window-rattling, body-moving sound of its bigger sibling. Elevate your drum tracks, make beats on the go, and experience the joy of hands-on production. With the TR-6S, the sound of classic tracks, today's trends, and tomorrow's hits are always within reach.
Six tracks of rhythmic bliss.
With the TR-6S, you get six tracks of advanced drum sequencing and the most iconic rhythm sounds in music history—all in a battery-powered box that fits just about anywhere. And like other Roland drum machines, it's fun and inspiring. With the familiar step-sequencer, plus dedicated faders and knobs, it's easy to craft custom beats with visceral, hands-on control.
All the sounds and more.
The TR-6S is filled with authentic recreations of legendary Roland drum machines that have defined genres and driven culture for decades—including the 808, 909, 707, and 606. And these aren't sample packs or cheap knock-offs—they're living, breathing replicas that sound and behave just like their vintage counterparts. Going further, you can mix-and-match these sounds with preset and custom samples and futuristic FM tones, creating exotic hybrid kits that reflect your unique taste and style.
The gold standard in drum programming.
The sound of today's music owes a lot to the classic step-sequencer—particularly the “TR-REC” variety found in early Roland drum machines. The TR-6S employs the same tried-and-true approach, enhanced with realtime recording and modern features like sub-steps for ratcheted parts and motion recording for rhythms that move.
Create punch, space, warmth, or grit with the array of high-quality effects in the TR-6S. Vital compressors and EQs are at your fingertips, along with lush reverb, delay, and modulation effects. Push your creative boundaries with filters, LFOs, and wild new effects that incite sonic mayhem.
Convenience and flexibility.
The TR-6S is a also a high-quality USB audio/MIDI interface, perfect for mobile or minimal production setups. And it fits in even the most space-starved studios or live rigs, so you can turn life into music whenever inspiration strikes.