Mackie MDB-1A DI
- Active circuitry offers higher headroom for ultra-low noise and distortion-free performance
- High-impedance 1/4" input with Thru output
- Balanced XLR output connector with Ground Lift
- Low Cut and Polarity switches
- Merge switch allows connection of stereo sources which are then summed to mono at the output, perfect for stereo sources like keyboards and media players
- -20 dB pad ensures distortion-free performance when connecting to high-level sources
- Powered via 48v Phantom Power
- Built-Like-A-Tank construction
- Freqency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 0.5 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90 dB
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02% THDF @1 kHz
- Pad: -20 dB
- Input Type: Female 1/4" unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 330 k unbalanced
- Ouput Type: Male XLR balanced, 1/4" unbalanced (Thru)
- Output Impedance: 150 balanced
- Input Type: 48 V Phantom
- Current Draw: <4.0mA DC
- Front Merge on/off
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (L x w x H): 147mm x 86mm x 38mm
- Weight: 0.4 kg
Part of Mackie's MDB Direct Box Series, the MDB-1A is an active DI powered via 48v phantom power. Perfectly suited to both live and studio applications, it is ideal for use with active instruments, e.g. guitars and basses with active pickups and preamps, to create an ultra-low noise sound. It has a 1/2" high-impedance input with a Thru output, and a low-impedance XLR output. However, it is made immensely versatile by the addition of a merge switch, which can turn the Thru in to a second input and allow for stereo instruments to be connected. The low-cut switch is another great addition, improving the clarity of your lower frequencies by cutting out bass frequencies below 120 Hz and enabling the use of low EQ on vocals without boosting stage rumble.
Premium Without the Price Tag
Direct boxes are an essential tool for any stage or studio. They make it easy to get clean, low-noise audio to a mixer no matter what instrument you are using. Available in four versatile models, our ultra-affordable DI's offer the Mackie sound quality that you expect with Built-Like-A-Tank construction for maximum reliability. From acoustic guitars to laptops, be ready for anything with MDB Series direct boxes.
Versatility - The Perfect Match
With four models to choose from, you can get the perfect match for your instruments. Acoustic guitars and keyboards are right at home with the MDB-1P and MDB-2P. High output instruments will appreciate the extra headroom in the MDB-1A.
Rugged - Built-Like-A-Tank
From the inside out, MDB Series direct boxes are built to last. Thick steel chassis, impact resistant corners, and long-wearing jacks will keep these in your bag for years to come.
Quality - Premium Analog Circuitry
MDB Series direct boxes offer excellent noise performance and transparency. Whether you are in the studio or performing on stage, your instruments will always sound as good as they do at the source.
Connect - Get the Best Sound from your Laptop
The MDB-USB is the ultimate way to get pristine digital audio from your laptop directly to a mixer or front-of-house in a venue.
MDB-1A Active Direct Box
Great for active instruments like guitars and basses with active pickups and preamps, the MDB-1A Active DI features increased headroom and distortion-free operation.
Featuring a 1/4" high-impedance input and thru with -20 dB pad plus Merge switch that turns the Thru jack into a second input, perfect for summing a stereo source to a mono input.
The balanced XLR output features switches for Polarity, Low Cut, and Ground Lift. For maximum convenience, the MDB-1A is powered by 48v phantom power.