Akai Professional BT-500 Black
The Akai Professional BT-500 Black Turntable combines the best of both worlds. It has superb modern feature such as wireless bluetooth streaming, meaning it can stream muisc to any Bluetooth speaker and it also has the sound and build quality of the old turntables that audiophiles love so much. Akai have done a stunning job combining the two and deliver a unique combination of superb analogue performance and modern digital technology.
Responding to the rapidly growing demand for high-performance turntables in the resurgent vinyl market, the BT-500 offers the record enthusiast a unit with no-compromise audiophile performance and luxurious, elegant styling.
However, in addition to its superlative basic turntable performance, the BT-500 offers a unique combination of modern digital technology and convenience features that sets it apart from anything else: The BT-500 is a wireless streaming turntable, so it can send the turntable's signal to any Bluetooth speaker (not incl.). It has a built-in switchable phono pre-amp so it can be used with a traditional stereo or connected directly to powered speakers. The BT-500 also boasts the ability to convert analogue records into digital files with its included on-board software and USB port for quick connection to any computer.
Of course, its basic turntable performance is beyond reproach: it has a quiet belt-drive system with a mechanically-isolated motor that eliminates any residual motor noise and vibration, a heavy die-cast aluminium platter that ensures an exemplary signal-to-noise ratio, a drive system with vanishingly low wow and flutter and a low-mass straight tonearm with precision damped cueing. The unique levelling bubble with adjustable feet ensures a perfectly level installation for optimum sound. A high-quality premounted magnetic cartridge completes the package.
- Luxurious black finish with brushed aluminium controls
- Isolated DC motor and belt-drive system ensures silent operation
- Die-cast anti-resonance aluminium platter with heavy non-slip rubber mat
- Low-mass tonearm with precision damped cueing
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amp for use with powered speakers
- Streams music wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker (speaker not included)
- Converts vinyl records into digital files via USB connection to computer
- Selectable sampling rate: 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- 1/8" headphone jack; gold-plated RCA jacks for optimum signal transfer
- Unique levelling bubble and adjustable feet keeps unit perfectly level
- Heavy MDF base minimizes vibration to eliminate acoustic feedback
- Includes dual moving magnet cartridge and removable headshell
- 2-speeds: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
- Includes 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, audio cable and AC adapter
- Turntable Type: Belt driven
- Motor Type: Isolated DC motor
- Speeds: 33-1/3 / 45 RPM
- S/N Ratio: 67 dB (A-weighted)
- Output Level: 2.5 mV (preamp off); 155 mV (preamp on)
- Phono Preamp Gain: 34 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- Preamp: Switchable
- Wow and Flutter: < 0.2% (weighted) @ 3 kHz (JIS)
- USB Function: 44.1 kHz-48 kHz (user selectable), 16 bit; USB: 1.1
- Replacement Cartridge Type: Dual moving magnet
- Replacement Cartridge: AT95E
- Replacement Stylus: ATN95E
- Power: 12V DC, 500mA
- Base: Heavy MDF base
- Output Connections: Gold-plated RCA jacks
- Platter: Die-cast anti-resonance aluminium platter
- Included Slipmat: Non-slip rubber mat
- Leveling System: Level bubble with adjustable feet
- Tonearm Material: Aluminium
- Pivot Material: Aluminium
- Controls: Aluminium
- Dimensions: (width x depth x height) 17.48" x 14.3" x 4.84" / 444 x 364 x 123 mm
- Weight 13.8 lbs. / 6.3 kg
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.