Roland DJ-505 DJ Controller
The Roland DJ-505 DJ Controller includes a plethora of features that will enable new creative possibilites for any DJ or producer as the DJ-505 features tools for mixing, production and performance! With the controller being fully integrated with Serato DJ there are 8 dedicated pad controls for Serato DJ that include Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, TR, Pattern, and Sampler modes.
The Roland DJ-505 is a two-channel, four-deck Serato DJ controller that blends the advanced performance capabilities of Serato DJ with the legendary sounds and sequencing of Roland's TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707* drum machines. The DJ-505 gives you the tools to move beyond mixing music to creating beats and rhythms on the fly that sync to your Serato DJ tracks, enabling the creation of unique transitions, live remixes, beefed-up classic tracks, or your own original music.
Like the flagship DJ-808 and compact DJ-202 controllers, the DJ-505 is a powerful and inspiring instrument that allows unparalleled flexibility to DJ, remix, and produce, empowering exciting new approaches to music performance. And with its standalone mixer functionality, narrow footprint, and Serato DVS upgrade path, the DJ-505 is an ideal controller to pair with turntables or CD players.
*TR-606 and TR-707 sounds will be added in a future user-installable firmware update.
High End DJ Controller, Compact Package
The DJ-505 is a two-channel, four-deck Serato DJ controller packed with features, and the complete Serato Tool Kit is included as well. Its portability, coupled with a pro-grade build and advanced feature set, makes the DJ-505 ideal for mobile applications, club DJing, live performance, and production purposes alike. The built-in 24-bit/48 kHz audio interface and high-end Roland audio conversion for Master and Booth outputs ensure faithful reproduction of audio sources and clear, powerful sound. Balanced XLR outputs let you connect directly to a professional PA system, and you can monitor your mix via the Booth Outs as well as separate 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch Phones jacks. You also have a 1/4-inch TS mic input to add vocals or external instruments to your performance setup. Dedicated Serato DJ controls allow quick creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, TR sounds, sequencer patterns, and samples, plus switching between four Serato decks with the Deck Select button. Use the channel filters or Serato FX (accessible via three FX Select buttons per deck) to finesse blends or accentuate scratches.
The Roland Drum Machine Legacy in a DJ Controller
From the TR-909's unmistakable hi-hats to the foundation-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of modern music, from hip-hop, house, techno, and electro in the '80s and '90s right up to the trap music sound of today. Using Roland's patented ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, the DJ-505 faithfully recreates the original sound and character of these classic machines, giving you the ability to program and create rhythm tracks using the same sound palette as the world's foremost musical icons.
Included in the DJ-505 are Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride sounds from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707*, providing a wide range of options to create layered drum sounds and evolving sequences. The DJ-505 also lets you fine-tune your TR drum sounds and samples using Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs, and easily build sequences with the famous step-based TR-S pad interface.
Road-Ready Remixing On the Go
The DJ-505 gives you the tools to not only mix, but also create new music and rhythmic elements on the fly to truly transform the musical dynamic and energy of your performance. From the simple addition of a booming 808 kick drum to a classic track to programming your own beat combined with an acapella, the DJ-505 makes blending multiple musical elements easy and instinctive. Light and portable with road-ready durability, the DJ-505 combines the best hardware performance and sound quality in its class with new possibilities for creative DJs and performing producers.
The DJ-505's large, low-latency platters provide responsive, lag-free performance that allows for the same style of scratches executed on turntables, and the illuminated outer rings on the jog wheels indicate the status of each deck at a glance. Plus, the DJ-505's platters have brushed aluminum top plates just like the DJ-808 and DJ-202 controllers, providing both great feel and rugged durability.
Remix, Produce, Perform
The DJ-505's rich feature set and deep Serato DJ integration empower new creative possibilities for the budding DJ/producer, allowing for remixing, production, and performance all in one compact unit. Use the 16-step sequencer to program drum patterns with sounds from the TR drums or Serato Sampler, and then sync the beats to your Serato DJ tracks to create unique transitions, live remixes, beefed-up classic tracks, or original music. Engage Inst-Rec mode for on-the-fly, real-time sampler sequencing, or use Serato Sampler's advanced capabilities to layer and sync multiple audio tracks or loops within the eight sampler slots. Finally, the DJ-505 includes a MIDI output to accurately sync your external MIDI devices and instruments to the TR-S sequencer.
- Two channels and Deck Select for up to four decks
- Large, low-latency platters optimized for scratching
- Eight dedicated pad controls for Serato DJ with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, TR, Pattern, and Sampler modes
- Built-in, fully editable drum kits from Roland's legendary TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707*, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology
- TR kits contain eight sounds-Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride-that can be played on the performance pads and triggered from the sequencer
- Shape TR drum sounds and Serato samples in real time with Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs
- Classic 16-step sequencer that can trigger either TR drum sounds or the Serato Sampler; new features include nudge (TR-S), step-roll, and instrument/sample mute
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Tool Kit license (includes Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ, Serato Flip, and all Serato DJ FX packs)
- Mixer can be used standalone via connection of multi-players or turntables to the line and phono inputs; Serato DVS Upgrade Ready
- Balanced XLR outputs let you connect to a professional PA system; Booth Out plus separate 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch Phones outputs allow you to monitor your mixes
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- MIDI output to sync external devices with Serato DJ and the TR-S sequencer
- Signal processing: Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- Nominal input level: INPUT (1-4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu / INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu / MIC IN (1/4-inch phone type): -60 dBu
- Nominal output level: MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced) / MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu / BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
- Input impedance: INPUT (1-4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater / MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- Output impedance: MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced) / MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced) / BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced) / PHONES: 44 ohms
- Frequency response: 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz-22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 2,000 mA
- Accessories: Startup Guide, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFTY", AC Adaptor, Power code, USB cable, Serato TOOL KIT VOUCHER
- INPUT (1-2) jacks: RCA phono type
- MIC IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT 1 connectors: XLR type (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- PHONO GROUND terminal
- Width: 530mm / 20-7/8 inches
- Depth: 402mm / 15-7/8 inches
- Height: 73mm / 2-7/8 inches
- Weight: 3.5kg / 7lbs 12oz
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.