Pioneer DJ DDJ-400 DJ Controller
The Pioneer DDJ-400 has been designed in conjunction with the new features of rekordbox 5.3. This 2-channel DJ controller features 16 RGB pads, a built-in soundcard and can be powered via USB. This feature packed controller includes everything you'll need to start DJ'ing straight away. The Pioneer DDJ-400 has a similar layout to the club standard of the CDJ-2000NXS2 and the DJM900NXS2 which means DJ's you use this controller to practice with in their bedroom will feel right at home when stepping up to DJ at a club!
If you want to try DJing at home and see how far you can take it, we've created the perfect controller to learn on: the DDJ-400. Made for dedicated use with our professional performance application, rekordbox dj (free licence key included), the 2-channel DDJ-400 is designed to help you get the most from the new features coming to the software with the release of rekordbox ver 5.3 today.
The DDJ-400 is the ideal piece of kit for first-time DJs. Its controls enable you to easily learn the basics, plus its packed with features that will help you develop your skills. The controller is compatible with the new Tutorial feature in rekordbox dj, which explains basic equipment operation step by step. Even if youve never ventured behind the decks before, you can learn how to DJ.
Thanks to the lightweight and portable design, you can take the DDJ-400 to friends houses to practise together or bring it to parties and small venues to perform. And if you want to take mixing to the next level, youll feel at home in the club DJ booth because the DDJ-400 inherits design traits from our professional range. The layout of dedicated play/pause and cue buttons, Beat FX, CDJ-style looping controls and more is inherited from our NXS2 set-up.
DDJ-400 Key Features:
- Club-style Layout: The buttons and knobs on the DDJ-400 are arranged in the same way as those on our club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 set-up.
- Player Sections: Get familiar with jog wheels, play/pause and cue buttons, tempo sliders, a loop section and cue/loop call buttons just like the ones on the CDJ-2000NXS2.
- Mixer Section: Use the trim and EQ knobs, and the headphone cue buttons, in exactly the same way as those on the DJM-900NXS2.
- Built-in sound card (audio interface) plug and play by simply connecting the controller to your PC/Mac using a single USB cable.
- Mic input circuit clear audio without distortion, even with high input level.
- USB bus powered no need to plug into the mains.
- Grab handles on both sides easy to carry.
- Class compliant OS standard driver will be automatically installed.
Rekordbox 5.3 Key Features:
- Tutorial feature learn how to DJ: Follow the instructions of the Tutorial on your PC/Macs screen. Even if youre a complete beginner, you can learn how to DJ. The Tutorial feature is also compatible with the DDJ-RB.
- Track Suggestion displays tracks that match well with the one currently playing: This feature ranks every track in your rekordbox library according to how well it matches with the one youre currently playing, helping you choose tracks that will fit well in your set. The track displayed at the top of the track list is the most relevant one to play next. Quickly scroll through your music, making maximum use of your collection.
- There are three sorting modes:
- Era: tracks with a close year of release.
- Mood: tracks with a similar mood.
- Association: tracks sharing traits such as artist, label, etc.
- To use this feature effectively, build up track information in your rekordbox library.
- Easy sharing of mixes to social media with track titles and time stamps: Use rekordbox to record your sets and share them with the world via social media channels such as Mixcloud, YouTube and KUVO. When you upload your mix, all track titles and time stamps are automatically added by rekordbox, so listeners can check each track title while enjoying your set.
- Software: rekordbox DJ
- USB Class Compliant: Yes
- Jog Size: 111.6mm
- Pad Size: 16 x 16mm
- Pad Mode: Hot Cue, Beat Loop, Beat Jump, Sampler, Key Board, Pad FX1, Pad FX2, Key Shift
- Tempo Slider: 60mm
- Tempo Range: Yes (Shift)
- Trim Pot: Yes
- Headphones Master/Cue: Yes
- Tutorial Features: Yes
- NXS2 Style Layout: Yes
- Beat Jump: Yes
- Channels: 2
- Control-Auto Loop: Yes
- Control-Play/Cue: Yes
- Control-Tempo: 60mm
- Crossfader: Yes
- FX-CFX: Yes
- FX-DJM Style: Yes
- FX-Pad FX: Yes
- FX-Post Fader: Yes
- FX-Release FX: Yes
- Key Shift: Yes
- Memory Cue: Yes
- Pads: 8
- USB Sound Card: Yes
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio: 103 dB (USB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Inputs: MIC x 1 (1/4-inch TS jack)
- Outputs: MASTER x 1 (RCA x 1) / PHONES x 1 (3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- USB: USB (Type B) x 1
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 482.0 x 272.4 x 58.5 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Accessories: USB cable, Quick Start Guide, rekordbox dj licence key card
Started DJing a few months ago and I've been using Pirate Studios (they use the club standard Pioneer setup (3X CDJ-2000NXS2 and 1X DJM0900NXS2) meaning I have become used to using Rekordbox to DJ. The DDJ-400 is a brilliant entry level DJ Controller for Rekordbox. I have used it almost every day since purchasing it and it is incredibly intuitive with a wide range of functions and FX to get you started as a DJ. Would recommend to any DJ starting out or anyone who needs a DDJ for home use.