Denon DJ SC5000M Media Player
Denon has brought the vinyl feeling back with the Denon SC5000M Prime, their latest professional media player. With a real 7" vinyl platter this deck really feels like a turntable and with the 7" size it conjures up memories of playing the old 45 vinyl singles like the very first DJ's used to do. Added to this realistic vinyl feel is a whole host of new and updated features, such as dual layer which enables you to control 2 decks with just one of the Denon SC5000M Prime media players, so if you get these as a pair you'll be able to control 4 decks of sound!
The SC5000M is the latest addition to Denon DJs Prime Series line up, bringing a motorised platter, legacy vinyl experience to DJs. Built on the interface and hardware of the multi-tech award winning SC5000 DJ media player, the M (for Motorised) returns DJs home to the true vinyl feeling that is the very core of performance DJing.
The Legacy DJ Vinyl Experience Redefined!
The die cast aluminium platter features ultra-high resolution (3600 ticks per rotation) performance accuracy rotated by a Brushless DC Electric motor, more powerful and capable than anything previously available on a pro DJ media player. The SC5000M also has an adjustable vinyl tension for slip/scratch control which blesses DJs with a true, mechanical spin under their fingertips, making music really feel alive!
Look. Touch. Play.
The SC5000M features the same industry disrupting creative performance technology of the SC5000 Prime with its 7 multi-touch, multi-gesture HD screen which brings the usage familiarity of todays touchscreen devices to the DJ. Track search, load, filtering and library navigation can be done fluidly with the sweep/tap of a finger, while simultaneously referencing essential DJ performance parameters, high resolution waveforms and beat-grid information.
Your Music Collection. Primed
With a multicore processor inside the unit, the SC5000M drives Engine Prime software which enables on-board track analysis without the need for a computer, plus the ability to import Rekordbox playlists, tracks, hot cues and loops. Using Denon DJs free Engine Prime music management software, DJs can also synchronise and integrate their iTunes, Serato DJ Pro and now Native Instruments Traktor collections too again, importing playlists, track hot cues and loop information effortlessly.
Multi-Layers + Sonic Control Excellence
The SC5000M performance technology brings the power of two separate DJ media players, into one single and standalone unit. Mix and match beats, instrumentals or acapellas between independently outputted channels and throw instant-doubles across layers, or to another player without the need for a connected laptop flexibility and creative DJ expression is now literally limitless. The SC5000M also shares the other award-winning tech features of its SC5000 counterpart. These include a class-leading Timestretch algorithm for sonically controlled and key-locked extreme tempo changes plus of course the 8, expressive control trigger pads for hot-cue juggling, track remixing, looping, rolls and slicer.
The Past Becomes the Future
The appeal of the SC5000M Prime touches the hearts of DJs at all levels of experience, age and inquisitiveness into the essence of legacy vinyl performance. DJ A-listers, Turntablists and Pro/Industry luminaries have already hands-on previewed the Ms platter performance and their response has been unified that the legacy, DJ vinyl experience has truly come home.
Kenny Dope Gonzalez (Masters at Work, iconic House DJ)
Wow! Denon has definitely brought the vinyl feeling back. This feels exactly like a turntable and its a 7 platter too which brings me back to playing 45s as well. The players are great, lots of options like the dual-layer which is amazing because you only need two players to actually play four different records at any given time.
- Motorised platter with real 7 vinyl
- Adjustable vinyl tension for slip/scratch control
- 2 variable torque settings (low/high)
- Ergonomic platter design
- 7 HD display with multi-touch gestures
- 24-bit/96kHz digital audio outputs
- Dual-layer playback with individual audio outputs
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- 8 multifunction trigger pads for cues, loops, slices and rolls
- Customisable RGB colour around the platter
- (3) USB and (1) SD input for music playback
- LAN output to link to up to four players
- Includes Engine Prime music management software
- Drive: Brushless DC Electric
- High Torque: 3.3 kgf/cm (instant); 2.8 kgf/cm (stable)
- Low Torque: 1.6 kgf/cm (instant); 1.1 kgf/cm (stable)
- Starting Time: 0.5 seconds
- Braking System: Electronic
- Material: Aluminium die-cast
- Diameter: ? 203.5mm ±0.5mm
- Weight: 900g ±5%
- Analogue Output: 2.0 Vrms (0 dBFS, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 116 dB
- Distortion (THD+N): < 0.0015%
- Frequency Range: 2222,000 Hz
- Digital Output - Sampling Rate: 96 kHZ
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- SD/SDHC card
- USB mass-storage devices (flash memory, external HDD enclosures)
- FAT32 (recommended)
- HFS+ (read-only)
- NTFS (read-only)
- AAC / M4A
- AIF / AIFF (44.1192 kHz, 1632-bit)
- MP3 (32-320 kbps, VBR)
- Ogg Vorbis
- WAV (44.1192 kHz, 1632-bit)
- Size (diagonal):7.0 / 178 mm
- Dimensions (width x height): 6.0 x 3.6 / 152 x 91 mm
- Type: Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch-interface
- (2) RCA output pairs
- (2) coaxial digital outputs
- (1) 1/8 (3.5 mm) mini TS input (remote start)
- (3) USB Type-A ports (for USB drives)
- (Rear-panel ports supply 900mA for USB 3.0 devices, 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices. Front panel port supplies 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices only.)
- (1) USB Type-B port (for computer connection)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power input
- IECInput Voltage: 110240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Dimensions & Weight:
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 320mm x 419mm x 135mm / 12.6 x 16.5 x 5.3
- Weight: 6.4 kg / 14.08 lbs.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.