Stagg SDM70 Metal Dynamic Instrument Microphone
The Stagg SDM70 Metal Dynamic Instrument Microphone is a professional multipurpose mic with cartridge DC18.
- Uses: Instrumental
- Cartridge: DC18, moving coil
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: - 54 dB +/- 3 dB (0 dB = 1 V / Pa at 1 KHz)
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 KHz
- Output impedance: 600 ohms 30 % (at 1 KHz)
- Connector: Balanced XLR output
- Body: Zinc alloy
- Cable: 5 m (16'), XLR to XLR
- On / off switch: Lockable
- Protection box: Plastic
- Colour: Black
Bought two of these as 'cheap' stand-ins for the Shure SM75 'industry standard' instrument mic. These were for a gig by TIM EDEY (BBC Folk Musician of the Year 2012!) so I was crossing myself that these would hold their own at that standard. Used both to mic Tim's Melodian. The standard of sound reproduction was superb - 99.9% of the audience wouldn't have known the difference AND had a guy come up to me after, rather jealously, saying 'no wonder it sounded so good when you're using 75's...' I didn't tell him..... lol! If ever there was a no-brainer, buying these is it.