Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm Studio Headphones
The DT 770 Pro (80ohm) Studio Headphones are superb quality headphones perfect for studio monitoring use. They feature a 3m single sided cable for ease of use as well as a soft padded headband and ear cushions for comfortable extended listening and monitoring sessions. These professional headphones are built to last with a robust yet comfortable construction.
The DT 770 PRO 80ohm has a straight cable (3m) for use as studio monitor headphones, especially for instrumentalists. 80ohm systems are ideal for powerful reproducing of low-frequency material e.g. from a bass guitar. The stronger system and thicker membrane provides punchy and clear bass sound at high levels.
Sound you can rely on.
The sound of the DT 770 PRO is without doubt a benchmark for professional users. Its secret lies not only in the cutting-edge drivers, which are hand-made in Germany, but also in a very sophisticated bass-reflex system. The membrane can "breathe" in an otherwise closed housing and is therefore extremely quick and precise in its response, accurately reproducing frequencies anywhere between 5 and 35,000 Hz. This makes the DT 770 PRO an ideal tool for critical listening and monitoring purposes.
Superior build quality.
As opposed to many "lifestyle headphones", the DT 770 PRO is built to last. Only the best material is used, such as neodymium magnets, spring steel headband, anodized aluminium forks, composite housings and soft skin earpads. All of these parts are hand-made in Germany - with incredible attention to detail and quality.
- Closed, diffuse-field studio headphone
- "Bass reflex" technology for improved bass response
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- Single-sided cable
- Velour, circumaural ear pad
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Closed
- Frequency response: 5 - 35,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 80ohm
- Nominal SPL: 96 dB SPL
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Average pressure on ears: approx 3.5N
- Ambient noise isolation: approx 18dBA
- Weight: (without cable) 270g
- Cable: 3m, straight
- Connection: Gold-plated, 3.5mm mini stereo jack with 1/4" jack adaptor
These are on the whole balanced sounding headphones. Before I just used basic headphones so the difference in sound made me rediscover all my saved music! The sound stage suddenly has made an appearance and the instruments have grown a body/texture so listening to most genres is a most pleasurable journey. Last but not least these headphones are just connected to my laptop; no headphone amp or dac is required (so far....). Very pleased...!