Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Mobile Interface is designed for the mobile musician where portability, reliability and ease-of-use is paramount. Fitted with award-winning technology the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 has been built around the popular Scarlett 8i6. The result is a more portable and affordable audio interface for home and project studios.
Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite is a 2 In / 2 Out Interface fitted with highly regarded Focusrite preamps providing low distortion and routing high quality audio to and from your MAC or PC. The Scarlett 2i2 has a striking contemporary look, with a tough red anodized aluminium housing. Powered by USB the 2i2 USB interface makes it easy and simple to setup. Similar to the Scarlett 8i6 the 2i2 controls have been simplified, with colourful LED rings around the Gain controls to indicate input (green) and overload (red).
The Scarlett 2i2 makes it easy to connect microphones, musical instruments or line level audio signals to you computer running Mac OS or Windows. Included with the Scarlett 2i2 is the Scarlett Plug-in Suite. Inspired by the famous Focusrite Red range and the classic ISA console modules, these tailored plug-ins provide Compression, Gating , EQ, and Reverb for tracking and mixing. Also included is the Ableton Live Lite DAW music software so can start making and recording music straight away. The Focusrite Scarlett interface is perfect for budding/first time producers and musicians who want studio-grade quality at an affordable price.
Includes the Red 2 & 3 plugins and Softube bundle.
The Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware - letting you exploit the originals' famous sound, conveniently from within your audio software. Coveted by producers and engineers for their exceptional clarity and versatility, the original Red 2 and Red 3 remain prized fixtures in professional recording studios the world over. Now, you can use these revered pieces, easily and flexibly, in your own mixes!
Focusrite have also teamed up with Softube to offer owners of Scarlett, Saffire and Clarett interfaces* an exclusive plug-in bundle - all for free!
- Inputs 1 & 2: Neutrik Combo input sockets - Connect microphones, instruments (e.g., guitar) or line level signals via XLR or 1/4" (6.35 mm) jacks as appropriate
- Gain 01 and Gain 02: Adjust the input gain for input signals on inputs 1 and 2 respectively. The gain controls have concentric bi-colour LED ‘rings’ to confirm signal level: green indicates an input level of at least -24 dBFS (i.e., ‘signal present’), the ring then turns red when signal level reaches 0 dBFS
- 48V phantom power switch for mic inputs: Enables +48 V phantom power at the XLR contacts of both Combo connectors
- LINE/INST: Line / Instrument level switches for each input – switches gain to suit instrument or line level signals
- MONITOR: Main monitor output level control - sets the output level at the main (rear panel) outputs 1 & 2
- USB LED: Illuminates when the unit receives USB bus power and is recognised by the host computer
- Headphone level: Adjusts the output level at the front panel stereo headphone output
- Headphone socket: 1/4" TRS output jack - connect your stereo headphones here
- Kensington security lock: Secure your Scarlett 2i2 to a suitable structure if desired
- USB 2.0 port: Type B connector; connect to your computer with cable supplied
- Line outputs: 2 x 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS jack sockets; +4 dBu output level
- A-D dynamic range: 105 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all inputs). Converter chipset A-D dynamic range 114 dB
- D-A dynamic range: Range 104 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all outputs). Converter chipset D-A dynamic range 114 dB
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- THD+N: 0.002% (minimum gain, -1 dBFS input with 20 Hz - 22 kHz filter)
- Mic 1 and 2 Input impedance: 2 kOhm
- Line Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 175 mm x 45 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 0.5 kg